Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Raiders off-season/Free Agency Discussion

Talk for anything Raiders off-season and free agency.

Get Harbaugh, replace Carr = instant improvement...

WR1
    Oline

Secondary

+1 OT
    +1 WR - Dones't need to be a 'superstar' - DJ Chark would be a good option.

More DL depth. More OL depth. A new SS.

There were years when you could list 5-10 starting roles that needed upgrades. Now? The Raiders are maybe 2-3 starters away from a damned good lineup.

There are a few of our FAs that I'd like to see return, like Casey Hayward, Quinton Jefferson, Solomon Thomas, Morrow and Darius Philon (if healthy). But I've accepted that we may not keep them all, since the OL and WR corps need major upgrades.

I had a dream last night that we traded for Russell Wilson. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I had a dream last night that we traded for Russell Wilson. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dreams do come true sometimes!!!!!

I hope we get harbaugh and we get vic fangio so we can move to a 3-4 defense that loves to blitz,tired of this half *** cover 3 only blitz 11 percent of the time bullcrap.

Also,I wouldn't mind a trade for wilson but only if we didn't trade the farm,he's not the same wilson of old but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    +1 OT
    +1 WR - Dones't need to be a 'superstar' - DJ Chark would be a good option.

More DL depth. More OL depth. A new SS.

There were years when you could list 5-10 starting roles that needed upgrades. Now? The Raiders are maybe 2-3 starters away from a damned good lineup.
    Chark is intriguing. Good hands, size (6'3") and speed (4.3 at the combine). The Jags have a ton of cap room, though, and they could tag him.

If Mayock is still our GM, I could also see him picking up someone like Alec Pierce (Cincinatti) in the draft. He has the same height and speed as Chark, but he's a little heavier at 210 pounds, which makes him great for blocking assignment on some plays as well. The dude is physically gifted. He'll need to work on his route running when he gets to the NFL level, but that's the case for just about every WR prospect. Some mocks have us picking up a guy like Jahan Dotson, or one of the more highly rated WRs in the first round, but I have a feeling we're going to use the 1st round pick for the OL again if Mayock is running the draft. Pierce will likely be available in the 3rd or 4th round, but I can see Mayock jumping the gun and drafting him in the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post

Carr for Wilson? But does he even want to come here? If they decide to move on from Carr, I just hope they don't bring in Cousins, Bridgewater, Winston, etc. Also, what happens to Mariotta?

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Carr for Wilson? But does he even want to come here? If they decide to move on from Carr, I just hope they don't bring in Cousins, Bridgewater, Winston, etc. Also, what happens to Mariotta?
    If memory serves, a year ago at about this time Russell was ok with the Raiders being a trade destination. You'd think that would still be the case, given that we made the playoffs in the fashion that we did. But you never know. It may come down to what Mark does with the GM and coaching staff. Bisaccia may not have the same appeal to lure other players and free agents like a Harbaugh would.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    If memory serves, a year ago at about this time Russell was ok with the Raiders being a trade destination. You'd think that would still be the case, given that we made the playoffs in the fashion that we did. But you never know. It may come down to what Mark does with the GM and coaching staff. Bisaccia may not have the same appeal to lure other players and free agents like a Harbaugh would.
    Last time he or his agent spoke, it was Giants, Saints, or Broncos. You don't know who to trust, just like Rogers saying he wasn't playing for GB any more.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    He's a free agent, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    He's a free agent, so who knows.
    Do you think they tag him?

Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast