Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I’ve seen pretty much every game. He’s a hustle/energy player. He goes as his unit goes. He isn’t the one creating anything, typically. If the other team is ready to match his energy, and not fall asleep on him, he doesn’t have much else to go with. I think he’s most effective as a change of pace type guy, similar to when a team in football features a power runner, then has a quick, shifty, cutback guy to give a different look

Besides, you’re now selling me on the point you said you were exaggerating on
    I like you as a poster.
    I respect your opinion on the Knicks and the NBA.

Please stop being pedantic about what I posted.

Thanks ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    I like you as a poster.
    I respect your opinion on the Knicks and the NBA.

Please stop being pedantic about what I posted.

Thanks ahead of time.
    So you saying you’re exaggerating, but not exaggerating. Contradictory much?

Take that out of it, you agree or disagree with the rest?

So you saying you’re exaggerating, but not exaggerating. Contradictory much?
    The only part that was an exaggeration was the Thibs getting fired part.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 01-16-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 01-16-2022 at 08:53 PM.

I’ve seen pretty much every game. He’s a hustle/energy player. He goes as his unit goes. He isn’t the one creating anything, typically. If the other team is ready to match his energy, and not fall asleep on him, he doesn’t have much else to go with. I think he’s most effective as a change of pace type guy, similar to when a team in football features a power runner, then has a quick, shifty, cutback guy to give a different look

Besides, you’re now selling me on the point you said you were exaggerating on
    Sure he is you just don’t respect how he does it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sure he is you just don’t respect how he does it.

Agree to disagree. I’m actually just going to bow out of these discussions. This stuff seems to just go around in circles for years here. Won’t end until he either holds steady/sucks a few more years, or improves

Like the Frank stuff. He’s still awful, so that settles that

From Macri’s newsletter today re: Obi

“ Macri, How Can You Not Be Concerned About…

Obi Toppin? Primarily, because this is a second-year player who is entirely dependent on the playmaking of others to look good, and the looks simply haven’t been there for him as he’s scored 10 total points in the last six games. It doesn’t mean New York’s most electrifying player over the season’s first 37 games has suddenly lost it.

It does mean, however, that the ways he can impact the game are more limited than others, and without the well-oiled machine that was the Knicks’ fully healthy bench helping to prop him up, he hasn’t been able to make the same impact. When Derrick Rose returns and Immanuel Quickley no longer has to handle so much of the ball-handling responsibilities, Toppin will be back to his normal self.

More importantly, while Obi Toppin is an important player and asset for this team, he is not bigger than the team. His recent lack of production shouldn’t put a damper on the team finally playing solid, consistent basketball. Not everyone is going to make a positive impact all the time.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

Obi Toppin? Primarily, because this is a second-year player who is entirely dependent on the playmaking of others to look good, and the looks simply haven’t been there for him as he’s scored 10 total points in the last six games. It doesn’t mean New York’s most electrifying player over the season’s first 37 games has suddenly lost it.

It does mean, however, that the ways he can impact the game are more limited than others, and without the well-oiled machine that was the Knicks’ fully healthy bench helping to prop him up, he hasn’t been able to make the same impact. When Derrick Rose returns and Immanuel Quickley no longer has to handle so much of the ball-handling responsibilities, Toppin will be back to his normal self.

More importantly, while Obi Toppin is an important player and asset for this team, he is not bigger than the team. His recent lack of production shouldn’t put a damper on the team finally playing solid, consistent basketball. Not everyone is going to make a positive impact all the time.”
    As the starters gel I think the bench is going to be utilized much differently and I’m skeptical we see the box office bench even when Rose gets back. It’s better for the team if the starters play more and play better then relying so much on your bench. But I think the bench is going to be more “backups” then “box office” as long as the starters are winning games for us. Obi will take the biggest hit.

Let's play some tough games before we christen anything.

The biggest difference is not starters vs bench but Randle becoming a facilitator first and scorer second. That has been the biggest difference. Randle even spent a few games trying to play like a glue guy. Now he is seeing that he can facilitate and then pick his spots for offense. Team first.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Let's play some tough games before we christen anything.

The biggest difference is not starters vs bench but Randle becoming a facilitator first and scorer second. That has been the biggest difference. Randle even spent a few games trying to play like a glue guy. Now he is seeing that he can facilitate and then pick his spots for offense. Team first.
    We should all want the starters to continue to play well because that's the sign of a coherent team. What we were doing earlier in the year was fun with regards to the bench but you can't be a good team with that lopsided of an attack. If the starters are winning us games and the bench gets their mins and their explosiveness reduced as a result, that is a good sign that the Knicks are hitting their stride as a team IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    We should all want the starters to continue to play well because that's the sign of a coherent team. What we were doing earlier in the year was fun with regards to the bench but you can't be a good team with that lopsided of an attack. If the starters are winning us games and the bench gets their mins and their explosiveness reduced as a result, that is a good sign that the Knicks are hitting their stride as a team IMO.
    If the starters and especially Randke can keep up this style if play through this stretch of road games it will show more of a commitment to team oriented basketball than anything we have seen thus season.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

Self creation is Twitters new nonsense word. It something but not what it’s made out to be. self creation is bail out offense and should be a last resort. Players are supposed to be dependent on teammates. Barretts been great out of that horns set where we bring him up on a curl, he receives it on move and plays screen with a big to get down hill. He’s dependent on his teammates. When Randle looks for the switch endlessly he is dependent on his teammates. Obi lacks the perimeter handle of these guys so he can’t attack from all the same positions. Obi will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021