Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread 1/15/22: Knicks visit Atlanta- Hawks, looks to stop 4 game skid

vs

New York Knicks (21-21, 10th in the Eastern Conference) vs. Atlanta Hawks (17-24, 12th in the Eastern Conference)

Atlanta; Saturday, 7:30 p.m. EST

Atlanta will try to end its four-game skid when the Hawks play New York.

The Hawks are 10-14 in Eastern Conference games. Atlanta has a 7-18 record against opponents above .500.

The Knicks are 13-17 in conference games. New York ranks last in the Eastern Conference scoring 41.2 points per game in the paint.

The teams play for the third time this season. The Knicks won the last matchup on Dec. 25. Julius Randle scored 25 points to help lead the Knicks to the win.

TOP PERFORMERS: Trae Young is averaging 27.6 points and 9.4 assists for the Hawks. Clint Capela is averaging 13.1 points over the last 10 games for Atlanta.

Evan Fournier is shooting 38.8% from beyond the arc with 2.7 made 3-pointers per game for the Knicks, while averaging 13.6 points. RJ Barrett is shooting 45.0% and averaging 20.4 points over the past 10 games for New York.

LAST 10 GAMES: Hawks: 2-8, averaging 110.2 points, 42.3 rebounds, 23.9 assists, 6.2 steals and 3.4 blocks per game while shooting 45.1% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 119.7 points per game.

Knicks: 7-3, averaging 98.2 points, 46.6 rebounds, 20.1 assists, 7.3 steals and 4.0 blocks per game while shooting 43.2% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 95.4 points.

INJURIES: Hawks: Jalen Johnson: out (ankle), Clint Capela: out (ankle).

Knicks: Kemba Walker: out (knee), Solomon Hill: out for season (hamstring), Derrick Rose: out (ankle). Cam Reddish out, ankle

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman

15m
    Knicks say Cam Reddish will wear 21 - late of Damyean Dotson and Iman Shumpert. His 22 is retired by Dave DeBusschere

Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer

2m
    Over the #Knicks last 15 games, Mitchell Robinson is shooting over 86% from the floor. 86

like, I know it's mostly dunks but... 86% ahahahah

Mitch Rob has twice as many blocks (20) as missed FG's (10)

Hawks will be playing a back to back having played Miami last night in Miami, with Young, Collins, Gallo, all playing 30+m and Huerter playing 27 and Bogs 23, so lets see if this has any impact.

Will Knox dress for the hawks today?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    Will Knox dress for the hawks today?
    are you asking if he is able to or will Hawks dress him?

The answer is yes and who knows.

Will they not dress one of Mays or Cooper? last game Mays scored 11 points in 23 min and Cooper has basically played garbage time.

It's funny I thought about this, Hawks may just want to dress him to see if he can come off the bench and hit a few baskets to rub it in our face lol

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    are you asking if he is able to or will Hawks dress him?

The answer is yes and who knows.

Will they not dress one of Mays or Cooper? last game Mays scored 11 points in 23 min and Cooper has basically played garbage time.

It's funny I thought about this, Hawks may just want to dress him to see if he can come off the bench and hit a few baskets to rub it in our face lol
    I was initially going to ask if he would be able to play but i donít think he will play. Just with Knox fathers comments it will be Interesting to see what happens with that kid.

Game Thread 1/15/22: Knicks visit Atlanta- Hawks, looks to stop 4 game skid

Very excited for this game. I thought we played a more entertaining brand of basketball last game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-15-2022 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I hope we can put together a nice streak. Nows the time to do it and if were gonna be a playoff team then i really want to see us move up to 6th. Personally i think the play in games is a stupid idea but thats out of my control

It would at the very least be nice to put some distance between us and Bostscum

We don't do it now, forget about the next batch of games, I think 4 in 5 days against the top west teams?

ouch, we almost have to do it now.

Knicks have ruled out Cam Reddish (right ankle sprain) for tonightís game vs. Camís former team - the Hawks.

Kemba Walker (sore left knee) is also out.

The Hawks are listing Clint Capela (ankle) as doubtful and Danilo Gallinari (Achilles) as questionable

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman

9m
    Kemba Walker not with team. Thibodeau felt it best he stay back to work on conditioning.

Bogdan Bogdanovic (right knee) will not play in Saturday's game vs. the Knicks.
    Clint Capela (ankle) is ruled out for Saturday's game vs. the Knicks

Something is brewing IMO. All signs were Kemba was close and now heís not traveling. Reddish injury was minor until Thibs says heís out awhile. Sounds like we are kicking the can a bit to let a deal happen before making any lineup decisions. Obiís sudden doghouse is also odd.

Bondy echoing my sentiments:

Kemba Walker and Cam Reddish are listed as out for tonight's game.

Kemba's situation is noteworthy. He'd been listed as questionable for over a week before games and Thibodeau kept teasing a quick return. Now he's downgraded to out.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Bondy echoing my sentiments:

Kemba Walker and Cam Reddish are listed as out for tonight's game.

Kemba's situation is noteworthy. He'd been listed as questionable for over a week before games and Thibodeau kept teasing a quick return. Now he's downgraded to out.
    Trade

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

To many smoke screen kinda weird kemba didn't travel with the team. I feel there's may be another trade under way maybe kemba next on the block alot of teams could use him in the west

Well not having Capela and Bogs and the others playing over 30 min this should favor the Knicks tonight, but like anything else, these guys are human and they may be a bit antsy with trade speculations.

So here is my question is Burks really going to cover Trae? Cant be Fourn.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast