Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damian Lillard

Portland gets hosed in that trade. You have to give them like 4 picks (2 picks and 2 pick swaps) along with Maxey on top of what they are getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I'd heard Kevin O'Connor on The Ringer talking about how Simmons might fit in Golden State and thought of a three-teamer:
    ē Philly gets Dame and Brown III.
    ē Golden State gets Simmons, Milton and either Nurkic or Nance Jr.
    ē Portland gets Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody.

I think that helps all three teams for where they're at. Golden State is the right fit for Simmons to do what he's good at, while Nurkic can provide the interior presense they've lacked since Bogut, unless they prefer the versatility and extra contract year of Nance. Dame gives Philly a perimeter star and closer. Portland cashes in its star for a new core to pair with Simons and Nassir. Wiggins is still young enough to be an asset and can always be moved again if need be.
    Thing is, warriors look really good, and really have no need for Simmons at all. Especially with the emergence of Wiggins and the return of Klay. + They kinda already have their own version of Simmons in Draymond.

they are 31-12 and one of the best teams in the league. Does Simmons really move the needle for them? He certainly didnít in last years playoffs for Philly. He was a liability.

If youre the Warriors why even take that risk. Roll with what you got

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Portland gets hosed in that trade. You have to give them like 4 picks (2 picks and 2 pick swaps) along with Maxey on top of what they are getting there.
    I don't agree. Dame's already 32, having health issues and making $39 million a season. Getting Golden State's entire next generation except for Poole is a decent return. Of course you could throw in a pick or two to smooth it out if need be.

The Warriors next generation hasnt exactly shoen much. If you gave the Warriors the equivalent of those picks (ie a 2nd pick, 7th and 14th pick), then you have a better trade. But if you offer Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody, it doesnt hold as much weight

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    thats why i wouldnt do it at this point if i am the sixers... dame coming back from injury/didnt look the same before the injury and we would likely have to add ben simmons who is going to be an alls tar wherever he goes and a defensive player of the year likely while only being 25 and then giving up maxey who looks like a future star plus probably multiple firsts. Wherever ben goes he is going to be an all star and defensive stud

ben/thyb/multiple firsts id do.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    thats why i wouldnt do it at this point if i am the sixers... dame coming back from injury/didnt look the same before the injury and we would likely have to add ben simmons who is going to be an alls tar wherever he goes and a defensive player of the year likely while only being 25 and then giving up maxey who looks like a future star plus probably multiple firsts. Wherever ben goes he is going to be an all star and defensive stud

No bro. heís going to be a liability lol as he was the last time you seen him play.

A basketball player who doesnít & cant shoot is like:

A limp hammer that canít hit a nail
    A stripper that canít dance twerk or *** clap
    Rick flair with no figure four, or even a wooo

You get the point

Useless.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    No bro. heís going to be a liability lol as he was the last time you seen him play.

A basketball player who doesnít & cant shoot is like:

A limp hammer that canít hit a nail
    A stripper that canít dance twerk or *** clap
    Rick flair with no figure four, or even a wooo

You get the point

Useless.
    he has never been able to shoot yet in 4 years he is roy/2x all star and runner up for dpoy... again in 4 years

I think Lillard would fit just fine with Philly, specifically cuz embiid is probably a great partner in crime for him. But I do have some wonders how Lillard would do as a 2nd fiddle. Again, he's a "lesser" player than embiid, but given embiid isn't a perimeter guy, Lillard still is kind of the guy who gets to do whatever he wants on offense mostly. And I know I shouldn't factor this in too much, but Lillard looked like crap in the olympics. Playing 2nd fiddle to Durant was really awkward for him for sure. And maybe just getting more reps would help, but he's just not used to not always having the ball. And he struggles defensively. Makes you wonder that he's spent so much time as the guy if he's going to struggle doing the things the number 2 has to do at times, like buckle down defensively more and get used to not always having the ball.

And I'll admit it's probably just me being a dumb brain and over thinking it, but it blew my mind how much more valuable Jrue Holiday looked on that Olympic team than Dame. Dame just looked so uncomfortable when Durant rightfully took over on offense. I know in Philly thats a bit less of a concern because embiid isn't going to go get the ball from him at half court. But there's still going to be possessions that feature embiid where come playoff time, Lillard will need to figure out how to be a functioning part of the offense. Not exactly to the same extent, but Harris, if he would still be around in this hypothetical, would still get the ball enough too.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 01-18-2022 at 11:33 AM.

I definitely think he will be an all star and DPOY candidatebwhen he gets traded. But his market value isnt that so no point in paying that. You can probably get like the same package as PG got for Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I think Lillard would fit just fine with Philly, specifically cuz embiid is probably a great partner in crime for him. But I do have some wonders how Lillard would do as a 2nd fiddle. Again, he's a "lesser" player than embiid, but given embiid isn't a perimeter guy, Lillard still is kind of the guy who gets to do whatever he wants on offense mostly. And I know I shouldn't factor this in too much, but Lillard looked like crap in the olympics. Playing 2nd fiddle to Durant was really awkward for him for sure. And maybe just getting more reps would help, but he's just not used to not always having the ball. And he struggles defensively. Makes you wonder that he's spent so much time as the guy if he's going to struggle doing the things the number 2 has to do at times, like buckle down defensively more and get used to not always having the ball.

And I'll admit it's probably just me being a dumb brain and over thinking it, but it blew my mind how much more valuable Jrue Holiday looked on that Olympic team than Dame. Dame just looked so uncomfortable when Durant rightfully took over on offense. I know in Philly thats a bit less of a concern because embiid isn't going to go get the ball from him at half court. But there's still going to be possessions that feature embiid where come playoff time, Lillard will need to figure out how to be a functioning part of the offense. Not exactly to the same extent, but Harris, if he would still be around in this hypothetical, would still get the ball enough too.
    Lillard lives in high screen roll. He also co-existed nicely with LMA operating out of the low post. I healthy Joel and Dame have a very good shot at winning a title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

he has never been able to shoot yet in 4 years he is roy/2x all star and runner up for dpoy... again in 4 years
    Heís was hype all star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heís been in the league for 6 years actually.

When he comes back I'm giving him rookie of the year

First few years you look at what he can do and hope that the rest is potential he can reach. What Morey is hoping is that there are still people that think like you. And hopes that people forgot how badly he was exposed in the post season and sunk the ship for you guys.

Here are the red flags id be worried about as a gm if was considering Bum Simmons.

1. Will he quit on his team again? Does he care about his team mates? Is he a character guy?

2. Coach Brown coddled him. Can he actually be coached? If a new coach holds him accountable does he take his ball and go home?

3. Philly was a first seeded team. He quit on them. How does he react to being in a team like the Kings? Can he handle losing?

4. Is his mental health a problem? Will it be something that resurfaces every time he is not happy about something?

5. Is he he going to improve even from the free throw line? Is he going to be willing to actually shoot the ball or continue to pass out of wide open lay ups in fear of getting fouled and sent to the free throw line?

6. Great defender no doubt, but he also has a phenom in Embiid anchoring the defence behind him.

7. Does he even care all that much about his career? If he messes up his tenure on the next team how many other teams will take a chance on him? Will he become un tradeable?

8. Does he actually move the needle for anyone? He certainly didnít in the playoffs for Philly last year who was considered a contender. I think he sunk the ship.

9. If Iím a gm I worry about my career. Does this move put my job and reputation on the line?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-18-2022 at 02:51 PM.

Once you get exposed and sink your teams ship in the post season no one gives a **** that you were Roy 4-5 years ago

And Philly fans, I want you to know this ainít about yíall. I feel for you guys. I would imagine you canít wait to get rid of this loser

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast