Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Damian Lillard

Damian Lillard

Damian Lillard underwent abdominal surgery and will be out for at least 6-8 weeks. Does this change the calculus for the Blazers? Should they trade him by the deadline to some fringe contender trying to get over the hump? Should they wait to let him come back and build up his value before seeking a trade in the off-season? Do they still try to retool around him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope a Blazers fan comes in here and corrects me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the fans would revolt if Dame were traded when he didn't want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I hope a Blazers fan comes in here and corrects me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the fans would revolt if Dame were traded when he didn't want to go.
    100%. As a Blazer fan, given the loyalty heís shown to Portland and the Blazers trading him before he asks out would be unconscionable.

I would trade him. Dame is not getting any younger, heís turning 32 this year. the roster around him isnít anywhere close to being enough. Dame has like a 3-4 year window left before he starts to decline. If that.

IF the Blazers focus this season on revamping the roster around him and do a good enough job I can totally see them staying the course with him though they have a lot of work to do.

Also I donít think Dames value is lower right now. Teams know what he can do. Dude is a super star in his prime in this league. Missing two months in recovery is not that big a deal.

Heís one of those guys that signed a max and then immediately complained that the team wasnít good enough. Before re-signing was when you shouldíve brought that up or you should KD tested the FA waters but that might not have gotten him the most he couldíve gotten. Now heís crying and that team doesnít look like itíll get better anytime soon especially with his cap hit. Meh.

Dang. Theyíre already at $110 million for next year and thatís not including Nurkic, Covington or Simons (whoís probably going to get paid one way or another). Ouch.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 01-14-2022 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    100%. As a Blazer fan, given the loyalty heís shown to Portland and the Blazers trading him before he asks out would be unconscionable.
    Simons has been lighting it up. Does he play defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I think it's obvious Portland needs to move on and it's obvious the Knicks are the best fit. This opinion may or may not be biased and I may or may not be psd drunk scrolling right now.

His chance to be moved was this summer

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Also considering Dameís popularity amongst the other NBA players around the league I donít see how trading Dame when he doesnít want to be traded would make Portland even less of a free agent destination.

I'm sure if they went to him and talked it through, they could talk him into mutually deciding to trade him. Basically say we think it's time to rebuild. If you want to be part of thst rebuild, you can be, but we'll be looking to get younger and prioritize picks. If you don't want that, we're happy to trade you to one of the destinations of your choosing.

Dame has been seemingly a tiny bit on the fence about asking for a trade. I think a potential mutually agreed upon parting of ways actually makes sense.

I think Dame/Portland should fo a mini-tank. Package RoCo/Nurk for players or picks. Either trade CJ or just keep him out for minor stuff. Use the high pick to trade for someone with using filler salary.

Iím thinking like 3 team it with RoCo and Nurk with Jeremi Grant or maybe John Collins coming back.
    CJ for an expiring, a young player, and a pick.
    Norm Powell for a couple of young players.

Use the young players, high pick, and future pick to go get a potential disgruntled star.

Lillard
    Simons
    Star Wing
    Grant/Collins
    PnR type center

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I would trade him. Dame is not getting any younger, heís turning 32 this year. the roster around him isnít anywhere close to being enough. Dame has like a 3-4 year window left before he starts to decline. If that.

IF the Blazers focus this season on revamping the roster around him and do a good enough job I can totally see them staying the course with him though they have a lot of work to do.
    Iíd be open to retooling around him, but it would take getting someone like Brown/Tatum or Simmons, or at least Jerami Grant, and probably giving up both Simons and Nassir to do so.
    People talked about trading McCollum and other assets for one of these big fish forwards. But his value has dropped so much that I think the conversation now has to be about flipping Lillard into the next cornerstone while not losing Simons and Nassir.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Also I donít think Dames value is lower right now. Teams know what he can do. Dude is a super star in his prime in this league. Missing two months in recovery is not that big a deal.
    His value lowers every year he gets older and his contract grows. With this surgery, a team would have to be ok with not having a 100% Dame this year. Maybe he gets back to form by the playoffs, but Iím not confident.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I think it's obvious Portland needs to move on and it's obvious the Knicks are the best fit. This opinion may or may not be biased and I may or may not be psd drunk scrolling right now.
    Sure; just figure out a way financially to get us Quickley, Barrett and Toppin without taking on Fournier, and you might have the makings of a deal. [emoji23]

Dame is Portland.

No chance he gets traded unless he demands it.

I'm hoping Blazers get a top 3 pick and trade it for hometown kid Sabonis.

Trade all their other assets like Nurk and RoCo for picks or young players. Then trade CJ for Simmons.

C - Sabonis
    PF - Simmons
    SF - FA like DFS or Ingles
    SG - Powell
    PG - Dame

Or you can bring back Nurkic in the offseason and slide Simmons/Sabonis down.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 01-15-2022 at 08:45 PM.

I'd heard Kevin O'Connor on The Ringer talking about how Simmons might fit in Golden State and thought of a three-teamer:
    ē Philly gets Dame and Brown III.
    ē Golden State gets Simmons, Milton and either Nurkic or Nance Jr.
    ē Portland gets Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody.

I think that helps all three teams for where they're at. Golden State is the right fit for Simmons to do what he's good at, while Nurkic can provide the interior presense they've lacked since Bogut, unless they prefer the versatility and extra contract year of Nance. Dame gives Philly a perimeter star and closer. Portland cashes in its star for a new core to pair with Simons and Nassir. Wiggins is still young enough to be an asset and can always be moved again if need be.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast