Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I don't know about you fellas, but this one from russ doesn't sit well with me.
    I mean, in a sense, he is right. Family is more important. But the way he has been playing, it seems like he doesn't care about his craft either. I do see where you are coming from though.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I mean, in a sense, he is right. Family is more important. But the way he has been playing, it seems like he doesn't care about his craft either. I do see where you are coming from though.
    We all know family is the most important thing but have you ever heard Kobe said that? As a competitor you can't talk about anything else than winning particularly when things are going south...

LOL was going to say the same thing. We don't have a chance unless we put size on him. Jokic plays high.
    If Vogel doesn't start Dwight and we know he will not, we will start the game in trouble and not recover.

Whatever I already know this will be a loss...

We all know family is the most important thing but have you ever heard Kobe said that? As a competitor you can't talk about anything else than winning particularly when things are going south...
    Very true. It looks like he is enjoying home cooking way too much vs focusing on his craft.

If Vogel doesn't start Dwight and we know he will not, we will start the game in trouble and not recover.

Whatever I already know this will be a loss...
    If Vogs doesnt start Dwight, then I will jump on NPHs bandwagon trail of firing everyone and trading everyone.

Very true. It looks like he is enjoying home cooking way too much vs focusing on his craft.
    This plus him saying for years that a title isn't that important to him...excuse me?!?!?!?!?!?!

Even Melo said that winning a title is the only thing keeping him up at night...

Instead of short and simple answers, Westbrook made jokes about his shooting woes and even had some fun at the expense of the Kings for their “Cold as ice” gimmick during the game. According to*Sam Amick of The Athletic, Westbrook’s positive attitude stems from finally getting to be around family each and every day:

“Yeah, man, (he’s happy because) I get to see my kids, my family, my mom, my dad,” he told The Athletic while he headed for the team bus. “To me, that’s more important than anything else. I’m able to be home and be able to embrace them. They get to see me, and as they get older I get to see my kids every day and take them to school every morning. To me, that brings joy.”

Basketball undoubtedly means plenty to Westbrook given all that he’s been able to achieve in his Hall of Fame career. However, his move to L.A. was about more than just basketball, even if playing for his hometown Lakers was a massive appeal.

“I swear, nobody can imagine it for me because everybody thinks about basketball as the end-all-be-all, but it’s really not, you know?” he continued. “Sportswriters, everybody’s got their own opinion. But I really believe that me being able to do (be in LA) and embrace my kids, it makes them — it puts a smile on my face regardless of what’s happening now.”

So while the Lakers may have had second thoughts about this pairing, in other words, he has not.

“No,” he said when asked if he had any regrets about the move. “Nah. I mean, not at all, because — like I told you — it’s bigger than basketball for me.”
    I don't know about you fellas, but this one from russ doesn't sit well with me.
    Don't forget he said this last month:

“Russ reminds me of Allen Iverson, wanting to win but wanting to win on his terms,” one Eastern Conference executive told ESPN. “If he can take a step back and win in L.A., it will validate everything else he’s done in the league.”

Westbrook, when informed of the Iverson parallel, pushed back.

“I disagree for multiple reasons,” Westbrook told ESPN. “No. 1, I believe that I am a one-of-a-kind player, and I respect Allen and respect everything he’s done for the game, but I’m not comparable to Allen Iverson by any means. No. 2, is that I’ve been probably — I feel, myself — always trying to fit in to do the best for the betterment of the team. And I’ve always done that in my career, and I’ll continue to do that and whatever happens, happens. If we win a championship, cool. If we don’t, I’m OK with that too and life goes on

As for the bolded, I feel that's something you reason with yourself after you've given it your all and came up short. I don't think it's a good look to say while still playing. It has an "IDGAF whether I win or not" feel to it.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Too bad Pelinka didn't listen

Reaves: Please come to the rescue. I expect another big game from the kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime24 View Post
    Lebron flopping but Reaves to the rescue lol
    I love it lol
    Last edited by McAllen Tx; 01-14-2022 at 05:46 PM.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Too bad Pelinka didn't listen

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Don't forget he said this last month:

“Russ reminds me of Allen Iverson, wanting to win but wanting to win on his terms,” one Eastern Conference executive told ESPN. “If he can take a step back and win in L.A., it will validate everything else he’s done in the league.”

Westbrook, when informed of the Iverson parallel, pushed back.

“I disagree for multiple reasons,” Westbrook told ESPN. “No. 1, I believe that I am a one-of-a-kind player, and I respect Allen and respect everything he’s done for the game, but I’m not comparable to Allen Iverson by any means. No. 2, is that I’ve been probably — I feel, myself — always trying to fit in to do the best for the betterment of the team. And I’ve always done that in my career, and I’ll continue to do that and whatever happens, happens. If we win a championship, cool. If we don’t, I’m OK with that too and life goes on

As for the bolded, I feel that's something you reason with yourself after you've given it your all and came up short. I don't think it's a good look to say while still playing. It has an "IDGAF whether I win or not" feel to it.
    100% agree and that's why it doesn't sit well with me.

More news and rumors before anything happen.
    Anthony Davis to be evaluated early next week

Kyle Goon: Frank Vogel clarifies that Anthony Davis will be evaluated early next week. 2 hours ago – via Twitter kylegoon
    Top Rumors, Frank Vogel, Injuries, Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers

This rumor is part of a storyline: 491 more rumors
    Mike Trudell: There’s no update on Anthony Davis right now, other than that he’ll be reevaluated by the medical staff in the next few days, and we’ll likely hear from AD next week. He’s been out with the left MCL sprain that occurred on Dec. 17 at Minnesota. 2 hours ago – via Twitter LakersReporter
    Top Rumors, Injuries, Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers

Mike Trudell: Kendrick Nunn has cold-like symptoms and didn’t practice today; he won’t make the 1-game trip to Denver today as a precaution. 2 hours ago – via Twitter LakersReporter
    Injuries, Injury, Kendrick Nunn, Los Angeles Lakers

Harrison Faigen: Frank Vogel says the bulk of the Lakers’ practice today was prepping for Nikola Jokic, who he calls “the most unique player in the NBA.” 2 hours ago – via Twitter hmfaigen
    Frank Vogel, Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets, Los Angeles Lakers

Ryan Ward: Frank Vogel on what he hopes to get out today’s practice: “Hopefully we have an improved defensive performance.” 2 hours ago – via Twitter RyanWardLA
    Frank Vogel, Los Angeles Lakers

Harrison Faigen: Stanley Johnson tells @Kyle Goon that he hopes he’s shown the Lakers that he can be “consistent” during his second 10-day contract. “Obviously the goal is to get on the team and stick long-term… I’ve really enjoyed myself here.” 2 hours ago – via Twitter hmfaigen
    Stanley Johnson, Los Angeles Lakers

MAIN RUMORS 7HR AGO
    Russell Westbrook: No regrets about Laker trade
    Russell Westbrook: No regrets about Laker trade

So while the Lakers may have had second thoughts about this pairing, in other words, he has not. “No,” he said when asked if he had any regrets about the move. “Nah. I mean, not at all, because — like I told you — it’s bigger than basketball for me.” 8 hours ago – via Sam Amick @ The Athletic
    Top Rumors, Trade, Russell Westbrook,
    Soon to be seen together!

Go Lakers!

Let’s go Lebron

s!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast