Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    I'm patiently awaiting the next Knick fan use "the magic bullet" theory to pinpoint how Cam Reddish's injury is related to Thibs. It's always either Thibs over plays a guy or under plays him.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    Cam Reddish (right shoulder separation) has been ruled out for the remainder of the season, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
    Just came here to post this. What a horrible thing to happen, right when he was getting minutes too.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Just came here to post this. What a horrible thing to happen, right when he was getting minutes too.

I think the stars are aligning for next year.
    Cam at a decent contract
    Trade for Zion(with his injury concern and situation in NOLA his trade value should be lower)

Hey if I am the Pelicans i say screw it with the young stars wanting out. We are going to the playoffs. Give me Randle, Fourn draft pick plus filler for Zion plus filler

Jonas
    Randle
    Ingram
    Fourn
    CJ

Fits more their timeline and gives the fire power they need in the west. Randle doesn't have to be the 1st option and Fourn can go back to being the off the ball player that he is

For us

Mitch
    Zion
    RJ
    Grimes or Cam
    McBride

Bright future ahead of us. If Zion gets healthy. I want to believe he will be more like Embid not like Oden.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I think the stars are aligning for next year.
    Cam at a decent contract
    Trade for Zion(with his injury concern and situation in NOLA his trade value should be lower)

Hey if I am the Pelicans i say screw it with the young stars wanting out. We are going to the playoffs. Give me Randle, Fourn draft pick plus filler for Zion plus filler

Jonas
    Randle
    Ingram
    Fourn
    CJ

Fits more their timeline and gives the fire power they need in the west. Randle doesn't have to be the 1st option and Fourn can go back to being the off the ball player that he is

For us

Mitch
    Zion
    RJ
    Grimes or Cam
    McBride

Bright future ahead of us. If Zion gets healthy. I want to believe he will be more like Embid not like Oden.
    Yeah and then get Coach K to come here and coach for a season or two.

Knicks’ Cam Reddish working out two months after season-ending injury
    By Marc Berman
    May 12, 2022 8:02pm

It has been two months since Knicks small forward Cam Reddish was diagnosed with a right-shoulder AC joint injury and was lost for the season after taking a spill at Sacramento on March 7.

The road back to redemption has started in Tarrytown.

According to multiple sources, Reddish has been at the Knicks’ training center over the last week and has started basketball activities, including light shooting.

Other young players — including Quentin Grimes, Miles McBride, Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley and Jericho Sims — joined the workouts on Monday. RJ Barrett suffered a season-ending knee sprain on April 8 and his status is unclear.

Without any cap space, there is no telling what upgrades the Knicks can make to their roster. One gigantic question mark is whether the 6-foot-8, 22-year-old Reddish can make a difference with a training camp under his belt and a clean slate under coach Tom Thibodeau.

The Post previously reported Thibodeau was opposed to the Knicks acquiring Reddish from the Hawks because he didn’t see him as an upgrade to replace a player from his rotation.

The Knicks front office — and fans — love Reddish’s silky potential. But team president Leon Rose never mentioned Reddish’s name in his season-ending interview with MSG Network.

The former Duke standout was no factor during his short time as a healthy Knick. He was obtained on Jan. 13 for Kevin Knox and Charlotte’s conditional first-round pick, which won’t convey this season.

“Cam has been in the gym — very consistent, very determined,’’ one source close to Reddish said.

When the regular season ended on April 10, Reddish was still rehabbing his right shoulder. Had he opted for surgery (which was considered) Reddish would still be off the court.

After the Hawks acceded to his request to be traded, Reddish appeared in just 15 games for the Knicks, averaging 6.1 points and 1.4 rebounds, shooting 41.5 percent overall and 25.8 percent from 3-point range.

He only got time in Thibodeau’s rotation after multiple injuries to the team’s wings, but never mustered a true bustout game despite showing flashes in the open court. Reddish’s injury occurred when he raced back on a fast break to block a shot and tumbled hard to the court and onto his shoulder.

It was a devastating blow to Reddish’s career since it meant he would be unable to earn Thibodeau’s trust in game situations before he’s due a rookie contract extension in October.

One of Reddish’s issues in Atlanta was that he felt he deserved a larger role as a featured player but hadn’t proved enough.

He has been injury-prone. After his lone Duke season, Reddish had surgery to a core muscle before the 2019 draft, in which Atlanta selected him 10th overall.

In his second season with Atlanta, in 2020-21, Reddish was limited to just 26 games because of Achilles soreness. After the Knicks traded for him, Reddish needed a two weeks to get over an ankle sprain.

Still, the promise is there that Reddish has the tools to be as good as he thinks. Reddish was not made available for comment by the Knicks after his shoulder injury and didn’t attend road trips thereafter.

Soon after he made his Knicks debut, Reddish showed his confidence by stating: “I feel like I can be a star. I feel like I could be a legit star. That’s what I’m working to be. It’s pretty simple.”

Regardless of the shoulder issue, the trade doesn’t look so horrible, especially if the heavily protected Charlotte pick doesn’t convey in 2023 either. Meanwhile, Knox didn’t do anything with Atlanta to make the Knicks regret giving up on the 2022 restricted free agent.

According to NBA sources, Knox, the Knicks’ 2018 lottery pick, could return to Atlanta, but may have to sign a minimum-contract deal.

Meanwhile, some scouts have wondered about Reddish’s maturity and whether he has the unselfishness to be part of a winning program. The Knicks have a grave need for a 3-4 combo forward, especially if Julius Randle is traded.

In a recent interview, ESPN’s college basketball guru Seth Greenberg labeled Reddish the “ultimate tease.”

“He seduces you with the things he does,’’ Greenberg told The Post. “But he doesn’t do those things on a consistent basis. He should be a really good defender but he’s not consistent. He looks like he should be a god shotmaker but doesn’t shoot with consistency. He doesn’t play through contact the way you’d like to see him play through contact. Those are the ‘ifs’ in his game.

“People want to see him succeed but people have given up on him for a reason. You can seduce someone with potential for so long. After a while, that person has to be productive.’’

The time for that is now.

Mike Conti has been covering the Atlanta Hawks since 2012 and had this to say about Cam Reddish, "Record without Cam Reddish 18-9."

Chris Kirschner Atlanta Hawks Beat writer at the Athletic had this to say, "Nate McMillan made several mistakes throughout the season. One of them was continuing to play Cam Reddish because he felt if he didn’t, the team’s chemistry would’ve been negatively impacted. It was a bad read."

I dunno what to think.

Since his playing days at Duke, I've been a Cam Reddish supporter. He has a high ceiling but the way the Hawks' writers putting it...the biggest obstacle with Cam Reddish is Cam Reddish. Nate McMillan had seen enough. He was the odd man out.

The only way the Knicks will know what this young man is about, by playing him. Do you bring Fournier off the bench? Can the Knicks move um, ANYONE?

Too early to say.

The Knicks are constantly stuck between win now imperative and developing players. I'm hoping for a break out of purgatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Mike Conti has been covering the Atlanta Hawks since 2012 and had this to say about Cam Reddish, "Record without Cam Reddish 18-9."

Chris Kirschner Atlanta Hawks Beat writer at the Athletic had this to say, "Nate McMillan made several mistakes throughout the season. One of them was continuing to play Cam Reddish because he felt if he didn’t, the team’s chemistry would’ve been negatively impacted. It was a bad read."

I dunno what to think.

Since his playing days at Duke, I've been a Cam Reddish supporter. He has a high ceiling but the way the Hawks' writers putting it...the biggest obstacle with Cam Reddish is Cam Reddish. Nate McMillan had seen enough. He was the odd man out.

The only way the Knicks will know what this young man is about, by playing him. Do you bring Fournier off the bench? Can the Knicks move um, ANYONE?

Too early to say.

The Knicks are constantly stuck between win now imperative and developing players. I'm hoping for a break out of purgatory.
    yes and if we listened to the NY writers and coverage people RJ when going thru his bad spell was the same crap.

Maybe re-read the post and it says in english that his potential is off the charts and Knicks need to see if they can water out of a dry well and tap into it and get very lucky.

If you read the post accurately it also said what I argued in here at the time of the trade certain posters were adament about that the Hornets pick would happen very quickly, well it didn't and probably won't again next year and could turn into a 2nd round pick.

so the trade today makes sense, and somehow this Knicks organization needs to figure out how to get the very best all the potential out of Cam.

anyone in here think for one second he'd be the first player to become a very good player after taking 3-4 seasons to prove himself? Took Billups 5 seasons, then he was the key to a ring. The examples are endless.

Good trade, low risk, High reward, and stop reading what you want and read all the other articles about how well he played for Atlanta when the team was down players and he was one of the only players producing.

That player that scored 30+ within a couple games of each other with his defense is the guy we need to tap into and we don't need that much scoring.

Start Reddish at the 3.

Been hearing about the supposed potential of Reddish since Duke. Still waiting to see it show itself with any regularity

He’s got the physical tools, but so have countless others

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Been hearing about the supposed potential of Reddish since Duke. Still waiting to see it show itself with any regularity

He’s got the physical tools, but so have countless others
    True but have to play him, like we had to play Obi last season. We aren’t winning a championship any time soon. Throw Cam out there. Key is who do you start Cam with RJ and Julius or RJ and Obi. I prefer the Mitch, Obi, Cam, RJ, IQ or Brogdon or Jones lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    True but have to play him, like we had to play Obi last season. We aren’t winning a championship any time soon. Throw Cam out there. Key is who do you start Cam with RJ and Julius or RJ and Obi. I prefer the Mitch, Obi, Cam, RJ, IQ or Brogdon or Jones lineup.
    Cam is not a starter. I would not like that at all lol. I didn’t like him at Duke, don’t really like him now

Unless the goal is to lose, actually tank. Then start him

Cam is not a starter. I would not like that at all lol. I didn’t like him at Duke, don’t really like him now

Unless the goal is to lose, actually tank. Then start him
    Start him if earns it, but give him the chance.. Be open minded. Be fair minded. If he is a bench player so be it. If he is a starter so be it. Like the potential of his size and versatility.

Start him if earns it, but give him the chance.. Be open minded. Be fair minded. If he is a bench player so be it. If he is a starter so be it. Like the potential of his size and versatility.
    He hasn’t yet

He hasn’t yet
    Your very much like Thibs.

Your very much like Thibs.
    100% not like Thibs

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast