Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    The latter makes sense and I thought that earlier. Former, not so much.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Moore would be just to get Jones' goat !!! It would probably force him to fire McCarthy

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Moore would be just to get Jones' goat !!! It would probably force him to fire McCarthy
    After they came out and said they support MM, I don't see that happening. Would be a bad look for the organization.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Why not Joe Hortiz and Jim Harbaugh or Adam Peters and Jim Harbaugh or either with Doug Peterson.?

Brian Dobell could become the second coming of Bill Belichick or he could become a part of the Bill Arnsbarger Syndrome .

At the present state of the Giant Football team are we not better off with a HC who has proven success?
    I donít think harbaugh is actually available but would certainly be interested. Peterson doesnít do it for me team turned on him in Philly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Peters is on his way for a second interview
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Link?

It was in all the NY newspapers this morning as well as the NY Giants Big Blue View

https://nypost.com/2022/01/19/giants...d-gm-finalist/

The Giants put in a request to interview Cowboys DC Dan Quinn for their head coaching job.

I find this interesting since the GM isn't locked in yet.

I think this is a bad move. They need to take their time with the gm search and not rush it and then let the gm do their thing. Why force an HC on a gm, especially a brand new hire?

They should concentrate on the gm search and let everything else fall into place.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I think this is a bad move. They need to take their time with the gm search and not rush it and then let the gm do their thing. Why force an HC on a gm, especially a brand new hire?

They should concentrate on the gm search and let everything else fall into place.
    I wouldnít read too much into the request. If each candidate for gm has Quinn on their short list itís better to request now to get ahead of time. Or even if they arenít sure they will interview him it doesnít hurt to put in the request to give him pause on other opportunities until the giants have their gm.

That said I want nothing to do with Quinn. Heís a failed HC and we need an offensive mind in the worst way.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I wouldnít read too much into the request. If each candidate for gm has Quinn on their short list itís better to request now to get ahead of time. Or even if they arenít sure they will interview him it doesnít hurt to put in the request to give him pause on other opportunities until the giants have their gm.

That said I want nothing to do with Quinn. Heís a failed HC and we need an offensive mind in the worst way.

i understand the offensive mind but why does it have to be with the HC , why can't it be with an OC . Why do you say Quinn was a failed HC ? Didn't he take the Falcons to the SB , albeit he lost in the biggest comeback in SB history but he got his team there.

McAdoo and Shurmer were supposed ," offensive minds " . The two most successful Giant coaches Parcells and Coughlin were not ," offensive minds", although Coughlin was the wide receiver coach with The Eagles , Packers and Giants , but never an OC .
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 01-20-2022 at 01:55 PM.

i understand the offensive mind but why does it have to be with the HC , why can't it be with an OC . Why do you say Quinn was a failed HC ? Didn't he take the Falcons to the SB , albeit he lost in the biggest comeback in SB history but he got his team there.

McAdoo and Shurmer were supposed ," offensive minds " . The two most successful Giant coaches Parcells and Coughlin were not ," offensive minds", although Coughlin was the wide receiver coach with The Eagles , Packers and Giants , but never an OC .
    You can actually make a strong case that the reason the Falcons lost that Super Bowl is that Kyle Shanahan, who was their OC at the time, inexplicably abandoned the run game late when he could have easily run out the clock. And Shanahan is widely respected as a football genius and top tier HC right now.

I'd be fine with Quinn if that's who the new GM wants.

Don't worry. He's got this.

There are no more GM interviews on the schedule for the Giants at this time.

So three finalists for now: Joe Schoen, Ryan Poles and Adam Peters.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post

My guess is, all of the top GM candidates have him on their short list(sounds like Brian Flores is as well)

So makes sense for them to put in a request. I'm assuming they'll have a decision on the GM by the end of this week and I haven't seen any information regarding when any interview would be.

My guess is, all of the top GM candidates have him on their short list(sounds like Brian Flores is as well)

So makes sense for them to put in a request. I'm assuming they'll have a decision on the GM by the end of this week and I haven't seen any information regarding when any interview would be.

I would much rather have Quinn than Flores. When you start out 1-7 and then win your next 8 games and then get fired , "there is something wrong in the State Of Denmark"

I would much rather have Quinn than Flores. When you start out 1-7 and then win your next 8 games and then get fired , "there is something wrong in the State Of Denmark"
    Same could be said about a head coach who was let go after starting a season 0-5 and couldn't get another head coaching job, after bringing his team to the super bowl(in which they got absolutely embarrassed after being up 28-3 in super bowl 51)

All reports are Flores was let go because he wanted a different QB. I'd rather get a guy let go because of that rather than a poor performance. I guess you forgot how embarrassing the falcons became under Quinn.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 01-20-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    You can actually make a strong case that the reason the Falcons lost that Super Bowl is that Kyle Shanahan, who was their OC at the time, inexplicably abandoned the run game late when he could have easily run out the clock. And Shanahan is widely respected as a football genius and top tier HC right now.

I'd be fine with Quinn if that's who the new GM wants.
    While you can actually make a strong case, and it would be correct, that Kyle Shanahan was the reason Atlanta was in that Super Bowl to begin with.

I'd prefer Flores over Quinn, but I want Pederson over both.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast