Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    While you can actually make a strong case, and it would be correct, that Kyle Shanahan was the reason Atlanta was in that Super Bowl to begin with.

I'd prefer Flores over Quinn, but I want Pederson over both.
    I want Harbaugh over all three !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    While you can actually make a strong case, and it would be correct, that Kyle Shanahan was the reason Atlanta was in that Super Bowl to begin with.

I'd prefer Flores over Quinn, but I want Pederson over both.
    Agree. Just saying Iím not worried about a retread so long as the new GM has a clear plan and true authority in hiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I want Harbaugh over all three !!!
    I wouldn't mind Harbaugh for sure, but it's still Pederson for me. He's a good offensive playcaller, has experience building some type of effective schemes even around questionable personnel. He helped pioneer what is now a bit of a 4th down revolution league-wide, showed he can work with analytics, and his RPO scheme could help salvage DJ.

I know there's no chance in hell this will happen, because why should we be allowed to have nice things, but there is nobody I can think of I would rather have. But hey, that's just me.

Harbaugh probably was only going to be an option if he hired Hortiz. Would have loved the guy but doubt it now.

IT IS JOE SCHOEN as the new GM .

And the search for a HC begins in earnest now

I like Schoen. He was my top choice with the 49ers guy #2

Solid hire. By all accounts a guy who can run the entire organization from analytics to pro personnel and draft / scouting.

Heís going to need time to clean up the remnants of the Gettleman disaster left behind. 2022 is basically dead on arrival given the cap situation so this coming year is about clearing cap space, drafting well to rebuild the roster and creating the foundation for the next few.

Big questions heís gonna face right away.

Who will he hire as HC/OC? Whatís the plan at QB?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    The Giants are expected to interview two of their HC candidates ó #Bills OC Brian Daboll and DC Leslie Frazier ó this weekend in Buffalo, source said. Their new GM Joe Schoen is still in town, so this all makes sense. Both should happen tomorrow.

Giants have also requested interviews with Brian Flores and Dan Quinn

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Wink Martindale is leaving Baltimore. Curious timing. Gotta wonder if Schoen has reached out to him already for a DC position - especially if Dabbols gets the HC gig.

Would also love for them to snag Vic Fangio as DC once they have a HC.

Interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Wink Martindale is leaving Baltimore. Curious timing. Gotta wonder if Schoen has reached out to him already for a DC position - especially if Dabbols gets the HC gig.

Interesting times.

If it is Flores then Graham probably stays but I would like Fangio .

Daboll, Frazier, Leftwich and Bieniemy could all turn out to be excellent HCs but the present state of The Giants warrants someone who has head coaching experience. That said, I guess the choice should be among Pederson, Flores, Quinn or Caldwell, ( I don't think that Harbaugh is realistically in the mix ) . I think that Frazier might have had a very limited HC experience .

The last 3 coaches had no head coaching experience. I also think that all the assistants should have NFL experience

P.S. Doesn't Brian Dobell look like Toby on This Is Us ?
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 01-21-2022 at 08:02 PM.

I donít think they have to hire a person with HC experience - though Iím not against it either.

The last 3 HCs were all done in by the Giants lack of a process and lack of commitment to rebuild. Not saying any of them were great but itís hard to judge people fairly when the organization was so dysfunctional.

By all accounts now the Giants are finally doing this right. So Iím ready to be patient for a few years with whoever they hire to rebuild this thing right.

GM and HC search

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    If it is Flores then Graham probably stays but I would like Fangio .

Daboll, Frazier, Leftwich and Bieniemy could all turn out to be excellent HCs but the present state of The Giants warrants someone who has head coaching experience. That said, I guess the choice should be among Pederson, Flores, Quinn or Caldwell, ( I don't think that Harbaugh is realistically in the mix ) . I think that Frazier might have had a very limited HC experience .

The last 3 coaches had no head coaching experience. I also think that all the assistants should have NFL experience

P.S. Doesn't Brian Dobell look like Toby on This Is Us ?
    I donít see why it has to be someone with HC experience some of the best minds in the nfl are in their first HC job and in the playoffs like mcvay,lafluer, McDermott, shanahan, vrabel and Taylor. Thatís 6/8 remaining teams being ran by a first time head coach. Just need to get the right guy.

Shurmur was a failed HC with the browns before we had him here.

Frazier had 1 winning season in 3 years with minny btw.

The other experienced guys have had some success for sure but also flaws exposed that resulted in their eventual ousting. Could they learn from their experience and grow as coaches? Absolutely. I would personally rather take a chance on new blood but wouldnít complain about Flores or even Pederson too much.

That all said Daboll seems like a slam dunk to be the guy. Plenty of reports that he come in tandem with Schoen and then he was interviewed the same day Schoen was hired. Heís the landslide favorite imo but Iím sure they with host 4-5 interviews for optics/due diligence.

Itís a blessing for Schoen to not have to engage in a long drawn out HC search as he has plenty of work to do on the roster and in draft preparation.

Last edited by ManningToTyree; 01-22-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

Interesting times.

If it weren't for the fact that they are both 74 years young, I would lobby for either of the big boys for DC, Romeo or Wade. Fangio would be a fine hire as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if Graham stays as DC unless he gets an HC opportunity elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    If it weren't for the fact that they are both 74 years young, I would lobby for either of the big boys for DC, Romeo or Wade. Fangio would be a fine hire as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if Graham stays as DC unless he gets an HC opportunity elsewhere.
    Itís going to depend on what style of defense the HC wants to play and if graham is capable of adjusting to that preference. If itís Flores itís a slam dunk he stays. Not so sure otherwise.

Apparently Giants will also interview Patrick Graham for the job

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast