Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    The Giants plan to interview #Bills DC Leslie Frazier a second time for their head coaching job Friday, per source.

So with Joe Schoen in place as GM, his former Buffalo colleagues Brian Daboll and Frazier are both getting a long look in New York.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    The Giants plan to interview #Bills DC Leslie Frazier a second time for their head coaching job Friday, per source.

So with Joe Schoen in place as GM, his former Buffalo colleagues Brian Daboll and Frazier are both getting a long look in New York.

It might be to satisfy the Rooney Rule . I could be mistaken but I believe that you have to interview 2 minority candidates for a HC position.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Jimmy Johnson isn't dead.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Jimmy Johnson, the eagles DC and McDermott's predecessor in Philly, died in 2009. In other words, the other Jimmy johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    It might be to satisfy the Rooney Rule . I could be mistaken but I believe that you have to interview 2 minority candidates for a HC position.
    So interview the same minority candidate twice and you are good to go. Those sneaky bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post

As they should. You deserve long looks after having the year the bills had. And in the case of Daboll, after the progress Allen has shown year in and year out

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Jimmy Johnson, the eagles DC and McDermott's predecessor in Philly, died in 2009. In other words, the other Jimmy johnson.
    Oh! I searched Jimmy Johnson and got the analyst so was so confused

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Several league sources believe Bills OC Brian Daboll is the favorite to be the Miami Dolphins' next head coach.
    If Daboll takes that job, Dan Quinn & Brian Flores are the leading contenders to be the Giants' next head coach, to me. NYG's done significant work on both.

Giants DC Pat Graham interviewed today. Flores is Thursday. Leslie Frazier has 2nd interview Friday. Then decision time.

Last thing I'll add: Frazier & Bengals' Lou Anarumo both have worked with Schoen, know each other well. And Schoen mentioned alignment as an important piece of the hire today. So those are still names in this race. But so far info points to Quinn & Flores as faves. Stay tuned
    - Pat Leonard

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

I think Daboll is my first choice but don't mind Flores too. I don't mind Quinn as temporary to rebuild the franchise but don't know if he's that guy that can win a ring with

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I think Daboll is my first choice but don't mind Flores too. I don't mind Quinn as temporary to rebuild the franchise but don't know if he's that guy that can win a ring with

We are a long way from a ring !!! Let's just be relavent again.

Iíll trust they - and specially Schoen - will follow a good process and pick the right HC to work with and build this organization back up from the shambles Gettleman has left it in.

That said I do have concerns about Flores and the sort of abrasive style he has in dealing with coaches and players. Itís too much like Joe Judge and it creates a ďonly I can fix itĒ scenario that I really donít want to see happen here.

My biggest fear with Flores is his style will scare away some really great coordinator and coaching options.

Iíll trust their process but Daboll is the guy I want here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Iíll trust they - and specially Schoen - will follow a good process and pick the right HC to work with and build this organization back up from the shambles Gettleman has left it in.

That said I do have concerns about Flores and the sort of abrasive style he has in dealing with coaches and players. Itís too much like Joe Judge and it creates a ďonly I can fix itĒ scenario that I really donít want to see happen here.

My biggest fear with Flores is his style will scare away some really great coordinator and coaching options.

Iíll trust their process but Daboll is the guy I want here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    According to a article in the NY Daily News , Daboll is the first choice of the Dolphins and that there was a good chance he will wind up there. Daboll would like to have Wink Martindale as his DC whether here or in Miami .

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    We are a long way from a ring !!! Let's just be relavent again.
    Yeah that's my only reasoning for why Quinn is okay hire. Being 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 is huge improvement from what we have been for a long time

I was fine with a defensive coach but I watched a video of people talking about it and it did make me concerned if we take a Quinn, Flores, or Frazier. The problem with a defensive coach is you need a great mind for your OC position. You need to be able to get along well with them but if they do too well, you will be looking for a new OC as they'll get a HC job. In which case, it is hard to get stability for an offense and we are too much an offensive league already. That does worry me about going for a Quinn/Flores/Frazier. Too much instability year in and year out

Quinn is staying in Dalllas. Cross him off the list.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Quinn is staying in Dalllas. Cross him off the list.
    The Giants have to step up their search quickly before it will be a compromise selection , especially if Daboll leaves for the Dolphins . That would leave Flores, Frazier, Graham and Anarumo left . I know nothing about Anarumo, but the other 3 do not get me excited.

Jones must have offered him gobs of money to stay after the Broncos hired Hackett and the Giants were still in the picture. I guess the Giants picture is not a rosy one .

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast