Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    That was def bad late defensive and ST play calling. Josh Allen and Bills Mafia deserved a win tonight.

Regarding the HC, I’m not really too worked up over the person. Finally.. finally… we seem to have a legitimate GM who will be allowed to work his process and find the right people to build with.

I’m good no matter what. Just start building and developing with a good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said, fully agree.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    The Steelers put in a request to interview Giants DC Patrick Graham for the same position in Pittsburgh, per source.

They're seeking a replacement for Keith Butler, who retired Saturday, and Graham is well-regarded.

He says he wants to stay with giants but if the HC wants to keep him the ok.

That was def bad late defensive and ST play calling. Josh Allen and Bills Mafia deserved a win tonight.

Regarding the HC, I’m not really too worked up over the person. Finally.. finally… we seem to have a legitimate GM who will be allowed to work his process and find the right people to build with.

Me either, I think the problem the last decade has been horrible drafts and player personnel decisions more than anything and I have more faith today than I have in any year for a while that the GM will do better there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Me either, I think the problem the last decade has been horrible drafts and player personnel decisions more than anything and I have more faith today than I have in any year for a while that the GM will do better there.

The GM can get all the players that he can but it is up to the coach to coach them.Getting the right coach is the most important move to make. I am not dismissing getting the right GM , but the coach is most important, see Parcells and Coughlin for the Giants , and Bellichik, Tomlin and Reid for the rest as examples.

Very odd you don't want Flores but you would want Quinn whose team blew a 28-3 lead in a superbowl in under a half and then he was fired after starting a season 0-5.

Odd how the memory is short with coaches.

Not that I'm for either coach one way or another but just can't understand the logic you've been using here with this.

I am basing a lot for Quinn on what he did as the DC for the Cowboys . If Pete Carroll were available there would be some who would advocate for him even though he had a brain fart in the SB.

If Brady pulled some of his magic yesterday and McVay got fired would you not want him because he lost such a huge lead?

Makes sense to interview Graham. He did a solid job as DC with the talent he had and the inept offense always putting the D in a no win spot.

I wouldn’t cry if he left but wouldn’t be surprised if he stayed on as DC either. He’s well respected.

My guess is he’s not gonna get the HC job and will likely move on to another team in some capacity.

If he left I would jump on Vic Fangio although my friend in Austin and a huge Cowboy fan said that if Quinn is hired siomewhere Jerry Jones would reach out to Fangio immediately.

I thought one of the biggest blunders was with 13 seconds left and up by 3 why did you not kick the ball on the ground and have the return man use up precious seconds or in the alternative kick the ball short of the end zone and make the return man use up seconds .

It might not have changed the outcome but you would have used up at least 4 seconds off the clock and there is a difference leaving Mahomes with 9 seconds as opposed to 13 seconds.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 01-24-2022 at 03:39 AM.

At some point defensive coordinators will finally learn the lesson that the team needs to execute what got them there in the first place throughout the entire game and stop with the prevent defense. Frazier has had tons of success turning defenses around and coaching some top level defenses in his coaching career, but his defense was done in by the ol' prevent.

When will they ever learn.

Agree completely about the squib kick - I really can't understand why they wouldn't do that beyond pure fear that Tareek Hill would take it to the house somehow. Still, unfathomable they wouldn't have tried it.

I went back and watched that finals regulation drive by the Chiefs. The defensive play scheme made absolutely no sense. Rushing 4 when you know Mahomes is gonna throw the ball in 2 seconds or less is useless. And if you look at the middle of the field, there had to be 25-30 yards of wide open field between the pass rushing DEs and the next closest safeties and DBs. And they did it twice!!

Just rush 3 and keep 5 guys back and 3 in the middle of the field to at least take away the speed throws somewhat.

If Buffalo did any of those 3 things - squib kick, rush 3 instead of 4, and cover the middle of the field even partially, they win that game in regulation. Truly baffling ending for them and they honestly deserved the loss after that. All the hot takes about changing OT rules are silly with respect to last night. Buffalo gave that game away.

No thanks to Leslie Frazier.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Agree completely about the squib kick - I really can't understand why they wouldn't do that beyond pure fear that Tareek Hill would take it to the house somehow. Still, unfathomable they wouldn't have tried it.

I went back and watched that finals regulation drive by the Chiefs. The defensive play scheme made absolutely no sense. Rushing 4 when you know Mahomes is gonna throw the ball in 2 seconds or less is useless. And if you look at the middle of the field, there had to be 25-30 yards of wide open field between the pass rushing DEs and the next closest safeties and DBs. And they did it twice!!

Just rush 3 and keep 5 guys back and 3 in the middle of the field to at least take away the speed throws somewhat.

If Buffalo did any of those 3 things - squib kick, rush 3 instead of 4, and cover the middle of the field even partially, they win that game in regulation. Truly baffling ending for them and they honestly deserved the loss after that. All the hot takes about changing OT rules are silly with respect to last night. Buffalo gave that game away.

No thanks to Leslie Frazier.
    They were probably more afraid of the ball going out of bounds than Hill taking it to the house on a squib.

Regardless, the lesson of the story is that the Bills played it safe and it backfired. McDermott deserves blame as well on the defensive lapse. Jimmy Johnson is probably rolling in his grave seeing what his heir in Philly allowed to happen.

The Giants plan to interview #Bills OC Brian Daboll a second time for their head coaching job today, per source.

Daboll is the first known finalist for New York, which is also interviewing Cowboys DC Dan Quinn today. Heating up.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

The Giants plan to interview #Bills OC Brian Daboll a second time for their head coaching job today, per source.

Daboll is the first known finalist for New York, which is also interviewing Cowboys DC Dan Quinn today. Heating up.

This was updated information and it will actually take place tomorrow.

The Giants have put in a request to interview Cowboys secondary/passing game coordinator Joe Whitt Jr. for their defensive coordinator, per @PLeonardNYDN.

Certainly interesting considering Dan Quinn was interviewed today. He’s also been requested for the Seahawks and Ravens DC.

Whitt also worked with Giants DC Pat Graham (2018) — now a Giants head coaching candidate — and Giants LB Blake Martinez (2016-18) in Green Bay.

The Ravens and Seahawks already requested DC interviews with Whitt, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    They were probably more afraid of the ball going out of bounds than Hill taking it to the house on a squib.

Regardless, the lesson of the story is that the Bills played it safe and it backfired. McDermott deserves blame as well on the defensive lapse. Jimmy Johnson is probably rolling in his grave seeing what his heir in Philly allowed to happen.
    Jimmy Johnson isn't dead.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

NEW: Sources say members of the Giants organization have contacted multiple members of the Miami Dolphins’ support staff and assistant coaches to do due diligence on Brian Flores as the coaching search heats up. And they’ve received encouraging and glowing reviews in return.

Giants aren’t shy about acknowledging their meaningful work on Flores. They make calls on all candidates, but this homework on Flores’ time & end in Miami reflects a specifically thorough process on him, reinforces NYG’s serious interest, and indicates the feedback is positive.

- Pat Leonard

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast