Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Every single candidate seems qualified hope they have a decision early next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BoSchemblogger View Post
    Agreed and thatís kind of my point. These guys are big names because of the situations they have inherited (no fault of their own).

Itís impossible to say whether Lafleur would have similar success with the Giants than the Packers. But considering Rodgers vs Jones I tend to think Lafleur would not be thought of as highly with the Giants.

So itís a gamble no matter who we hire. Seems like the McVay coaching tree has gotten off to better starts but even there youve got Taylor tied to Burrow and Staley to Herbert
    LaFleur was a good OC in Tennessee, that's why he got the GB job. Also, everyone's tied to any young quarterback's success, is at least partially responsible for it in the first place.

https://twitter.com/bthomps81/status...003331073?s=21

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Wonder if this happens.... Do they try to bring in Mitch Trubuski as competition for Jones.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Joe Schoen had his second interview yesterday(tues ---- this one in person)

Ryan Poles is expected to have his second(this one in person) interview today(wens)

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 01-19-2022 at 05:06 AM.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Sign me up. Lord of good candidates but this is the duo I was hoping for as the process has played out

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Sign me up. Lord of good candidates but this is the duo I was hoping for as the process has played out

Why not Joe Hortiz and Jim Harbaugh or Adam Peters and Jim Harbaugh or either with Doug Peterson.?

Brian Dobell could become the second coming of Bill Belichick or he could become a part of the Bill Arnsbarger Syndrome .

At the present state of the Giant Football team are we not better off with a HC who has proven success?
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 01-19-2022 at 03:41 PM.

I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer an experienced HC. I'm ok going young with the GM. We desperately need a change in philosophy, top to bottom. However, I would prefer to have someone with experience managing the game as well as managing the locker room. I would rather have young and hungry assistants get the OC and DC positions instead.

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer an experienced HC. I'm ok going young with the GM. We desperately need a change in philosophy, top to bottom. However, I would prefer to have someone with experience managing the game as well as managing the locker room. I would rather have young and hungry assistants get the OC and DC positions instead.
    Read my post right above yours where I totally agree with you .

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Joe Schoen had his second interview yesterday(tues ---- this one in person)

Ryan Poles is expected to have his second(this one in person) interview today(wens)

Adam Peters is on his way for a second interview

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Read my post right above yours where I totally agree with you .
    You beat me to the punch. We are still in the minority though. The sentiment is to go younger at gm and hc. At least that is what I get from reading the posts here.

Adam Peters is on his way for a second interview
    Well my top 3 choices for the position have gotten second interviews, so I'm happy about that. Wonder if there is a 4th or any others or did they go from 9 to 3. Guess we shall know soon enough.

The Giants put in a request to interview Cowboys DC Dan Quinn for their head coaching job.

I find this interesting since the GM isn't locked in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    The Giants put in a request to interview Cowboys DC Dan Quinn for their head coaching job.

I find this interesting since the GM isn't locked in yet.

Maybe it was just to get Jerry Jones' goat. They should also put in a request for Kellen Moore also.

The reason for Quinn could possibly be that Schoen ,Roles and Peters all had Quinn at the top of their list as a HC.

If it is Quinn then there is a good chance Graham leaves and Quinn would have to find a dynamic OC , ( don't have any idea ) .My choice , albeit a long one , is still Jim Harbaugh . Show him the money !!!
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 01-20-2022 at 03:10 AM.

Maybe it was just to get Jerry Jones' goat. They should also put in a request for Kellen Moore also.

The reason for Quinn could possibly be that Schoen ,Roles and Peters all had Quinn at the top of their list as a HC
    The latter makes sense and I thought that earlier. Former, not so much.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast