Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    Get it done this week!
    Unless their HC is still coaching next week Iíd be shocked if they donít make the move this week. SeniorBowl starts next week. Draft season is just about to start and you need to know where to point your scouting department.

Itís obviously not going to stop them if they want a guy like McDaniel or Brown, but itís important to get this going soon.

Giants have officially requested a second interview with Daboll.

Heíll have options.

Albert Breer is also reporting that the main three for Miami seems to be Quinn, Daboll, and Joseph. Said the big domino everyone is waiting to fall is Quinn. If he goes somewhere we might see everyone start to fall into place.

Cannata is putting his money on Vance being the next HC. Iíve officially given up.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-24-2022 at 11:54 AM.

I'm not going to count Harbaugh out just yet. Ross could pull a fast one. I can see him really wanting Daboll, but also not minding to lose out on Daboll if he has Harbaugh ready to go. If other NZFL teams knew Harbaugh wanted back into the NFL, they would be all over him. There could be a secret wink wink between the two of them.

I honestly would love Quinn. It has to be Daboll or Quinn. If not, my money is on Harbaugh.

Problem is that Quinn seems to have his pick of the litter. You have to sell him instead of the other way around.

Daboll is clearly the guy NY wants. Based on what Iím seeing they havenít even finished their first wave of interviews yet. Flo doesnít have an interview until Friday! And the Giants already want to talk to Daboll again.

Hiring Vance feels like you lost out on the other candidates and took the safe pick you knew would come.

Vance is the current betting favorite to be the teams next HC on Draft Kings.

I wanted Fangio and Kris Richard last coaching cycle so what do I know. But man it feels real dumb to fire Flores just to hire the smiling version of the guy.

I don't mind Vance as much as alot hate him. He for sure can call a defense, he wasn't working with much at the time. Are starting CBs where Byron Maxwell and Tony Lippett, both only "played" one more year and never playing in the NFL again lol - Lippett was in part due to injury but he got chances.

Then in his time with Denver dude had nothing at QB for either year. Case year two was his best, like what do you expect with that and they still won 6 games.

My main issue with him is what staff will he bring, his two years with Denver all but like 5 coaches are still in the league. Studesvillie is here, Curtis Modkins is still the RBs coach in Denver, Mike Sullivan was the Steelers QB but didn't coach since 2018, Joe Woods was his DC in Denver and has been the same with the Browns. Klint Kubiak was the OC for the Vikings last year, was an Offensive Assistant with him. Possible could be our OC if Vance is hired being Vikings looking for a new coach.

My issue with Vance is that it feels like a very uninspired pick. Based on everything weíve heard, it feels like Vance was always choice number 3 behind Quinn and Daboll. So you didnít get your top options, possibly because of the decisions to keep Grier and Tua.

So youíre hiring a guy PURELY because you know heíd say yes and that you think he is decent enough to work with. This rebuild started to get out of the tired cycle of hiring best friends and mediocre coaches.

I think his defenses in Arizona have been better than expected, but I donít think theyíre overly impressive. The lack of talent there is a decent excuse, but heís gotten nothing out of the two athletic freak LBs theyíve drafted.

And of course, you run into the issue of can he build up the offensive staff to support the young QB which is the obvious red flag.

I just canít help but feel like this is Dennis Hickey 2.0. Gonna force a guy onto the roster because you need someone to work with some already established guys, just to move on in 2 years after you draft a new QB and force that QB onto the next HC.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; Yesterday at 01:08 AM.

From PFN

ď While he (Joseph) is on their shortlist of candidates, a source close to the situation tells PFN that as much as Grier likes Joseph, Ross wonít sign off on the hire except as a fallback plan. We were told that two or three others would have to decline Miamiís offer first.Ē

They posted the full story here https://www.profootballnetwork.com/m...el-and-others/

Basically Daboll and Quinn are the top two options but are probably going elsewhere. Then itís down to McDaniel and Joseph, and Joseph seems to be the Grier guy. Room is split on what to do since they swung and missed on the top guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Vance is the current betting favorite to be the teams next HC on Draft Kings.

I wanted Fangio and Kris Richard last coaching cycle so what do I know. But man it feels real dumb to fire Flores just to hire the smiling version of the guy.
    Vance Josephs defenses are not as good as Flores.

Chicago and Minnesota are finalizing their GM hirings so Iíd expect the HC market to start heating up.

And Sean Payton has stepped away from coaching so thereís a new HC spot open. No idea how one would view that job considering their roster construction but obviously the team is a well recognized team. Might steal another candidate from us.

I could easily see their GM retiring and the team going for a full rebuild. Also Payton is retiring so no need to worry about us potentially hiring him.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; Yesterday at 03:17 PM.

Does anyone else find it really weird that Miami hasnít even scheduled second interviews? Everyone else is at least starting their 2nd round and Miami is just sitting here.

Right now it feels like theyíre locked in on one person and just waiting for them to make a decision which is terrifying. But since their backup plan seems to be someone who hasnít interviewed anywhere else they donít feel any pressure.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910