Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Hiring an offensive minded HC doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll be building around Tua. But it’s clear that you can only win so much without a top level offense. That’s why I’m so interested in guys like Daboll, McDaniel, and Pederson.

Personally I think Tua gets one more year in Miami. I think Flo was the driving force in the Watson trades(not the only one interested but the one willing to sell his soul). So we’ll give Tua another season with a better supporting cast and then either take a QB in the 2023 draft or make a move for a vet.

I also think y’all are really overhyping Flores. Were you really excited to watch another year of Godsey play calling?

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Hiring an offensive minded HC doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll be building around Tua. But it’s clear that you can only win so much without a top level offense. That’s why I’m so interested in guys like Daboll, McDaniel, and Pederson.

Personally I think Tua gets one more year in Miami. I think Flo was the driving force in the Watson trades(not the only one interested but the one willing to sell his soul). So we’ll give Tua another season with a better supporting cast and then either take a QB in the 2023 draft or make a move for a vet.

I also think y’all are really overhyping Flores. Were you really excited to watch another year of Godsey play calling?
    That's my thought as well. For as great a defense mind Flo had, he was crap offensively, and had really bad connections for assistant coaches and coordinators. And his firing will prove even more so. He may not get hired because he cannot bring in competent assistants. And I keep saying it, but owners speak with each other. GMs speak with each other. If Ross and Grier want, they can either bury Flo or fake it and provide only the positive aspects. That's why I'm not convinced he gets a shot again this year. He may need to go back to a DC role for a year or two before trying again.

I also agree, Tua gets his 3rd year in MIA. I think a new coach wants to pick his own guy, but this is not the year to do that. They will go with Tua, try to make it work, and hope for the best in 2022. But with two 1sts in 2023 (maybe more depending on potential trades), that is what potential HC candidates will care about. I guarantee whoever comes in will have to work with Tua for 2022, but will have their chance at their QB in 2023.

The media keeps bashing the MIA opening for some reason, but it is one of the better ones out there.
    - A really good defense already in place with rising stars in Holland, Phillips, Wilkins
    - huge cap space in 2022, with more cap space potential in 2023
    - great amount of draft assets in 2022-2023
    - owner willing to spend
    - GM willing to provide the HC a voice into players through the draft and FA
    - location where players want to play

With the cap, that new coach can build an offensive line in a hurry, bring in reliable WR help and trade that 1st to get more ammo to trade up in the 2023 draft for a QB if he doesn't want Tua.

Armando got some details on how Flo felt. Nothing really new but just more confirmation.

“The picture one gets from multiple sources, including coaches on the Flores staff, is of a coach frustrated by Tagovailoa’s work ethic. Flores thought it was, per one source, “sh-tty.”

Flores was frustrated because he didn’t think Tagovailoa put in extra time on Mondays and Tuesdays during game week.

And if you know Flores, this won’t surprise: Flores didn’t keep quiet about it. He was “really hard” on Tagovailoa about it, per a source, even in the presence of others.

When Flores would find out Tagovailoa was golfing on off days during the season, he’d become upset and criticize him for that.”

“ At one point in the 2021 season, he told people within the organization, “We’ll never win a championship with this guy,” referring to Tagovailoa.”

Also states that Flo was the primary person pushing for Watson, and that he did originally want Tua but quickly soured on him.

Grier still likes Tua, and while they don’t want to force him onto a HC, they would like it if a HC gave him a shot.

That final part is what scares me most. Pushing a GM and QB onto a new HC is the easiest way to **** this up. Like I’ve said, I’m cool with the Flo decision. But only if you can hire the right guy now. Obviously we won’t know for awhile, but it would suck to miss on the presumed quality names because of this.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-14-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Armando got some details on how Flo felt. Nothing really new but just more confirmation.

“The picture one gets from multiple sources, including coaches on the Flores staff, is of a coach frustrated by Tagovailoa’s work ethic. Flores thought it was, per one source, “sh-tty.”

Flores was frustrated because he didn’t think Tagovailoa put in extra time on Mondays and Tuesdays during game week.

And if you know Flores, this won’t surprise: Flores didn’t keep quiet about it. He was “really hard” on Tagovailoa about it, per a source, even in the presence of others.

When Flores would find out Tagovailoa was golfing on off days during the season, he’d become upset and criticize him for that.”

Also states that Flo was the primary person pushing for Watson, and that he did originally want Tua but quickly soured on him.

Grier still likes Tua, and while they don’t want to force him onto a HC, they would like it if a HC gave him a shot.

That final part is what scares me most. Pushing a GM and QB onto a new HC is the easiest way to **** this up. Like I’ve said, I’m cool with the Flo decision. But only if you can hire the right guy now. Obviously we won’t know for awhile, but it would suck to miss on the presumed quality names because of this.
    I don't think this should scare you. I take it as the FO will give the HC the opportunity to get Watson, Wilson, or Rodgers or stick with Tua for the year and beyond or stick with Tua for the year then move on. Now, if the draft had quite a few Very good QB prospects then that would be a different story.

I'm predicting the max we stick with Tua is through his rookie deal. Someone else mentioned this, and I agree, in a couple years we will probably be having the same discussions the Browns are on Baker. No problems with the production on a rookie deal. That 2nd contract at like 20+mil a year? Absolutely not.

I believe Ross when he said he’ll leave the QB decision up to the coach. I know some in the media think it’s weird, but I just take it as we won’t force the decision onto the coach.

But it might rub a candidate the rub way if Grier maybe tries a bit too much to say “are you sure you want to move on from him?”

But we all know Grier will do whatever the guy says.

Btw this also confirms some worries we’ve had about Tua’s work ethic. It’s been rumored since he left Bama that he wasn’t a “student” of the game. Definitely shows why he has some games where he’s just off.

^^ I think it would be okay with a new HC because it would make sense with the lack of draft position and lack of talent in the draft this year. After a year I think with an improved offense around Tua they'd all be in agreement either way. Either he sinks or swims. No excuses. Ross is getting older and less patient most likely, so Grier would follow Ross from all accounts.

The #Dolphins put in a request to interview #Rams RBs coach/assistant head coach Thomas Brown for their head coaching job, source said.

A former Georgia and NFL running back, Brown reminds some in the league of a young Mike Tomlin. On the rise at age 35.

We’re definitely gravitating to young HCs right now. Ross is not scared of the last two hires. He’s also a former University of Miami OC.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-14-2022 at 02:20 PM.

Tua is still so young, and only has, what , 18 NFL starts? and he has a winning record in those starts (mainly because of the defense, but still). I think a new HC will look at this defense, and say yeah, i think i can make the playoffs with Tua and this defense right now. And I think that will help the HC give Tua a shot in 2022. If this team was absolute crap, then I would expect the new HC to want a new QB no matter what.

I did not trust Flo to be able to help Tua succeed at the NFL level. I think Tua needs a year under a competent OC/ and HC that can coach him up. I am 1000% okay giving Tua 2022 under a new coach, and I would like to think a new HC would want to see what they have in Tua directly before moving on.

Uhhh….. Darlington just said Flo looked into having Jack Easterby, the crazy preacher guy who has Cal McNair of the Texans wrapped around his fingers, join the Dolphins in 2019 as the chief of staff.

Y’all there’s more and more reasons coming out for why I think we’ll be perfectly fine.

Oh some of the stuff I've read... I'm not sure why he wasn't fired before this.

During the 8-1 streak it seems he never liked talked to his assist coaches, just blew them off every time they saw them and treating them like ****. And these are guys he picked.

Makes me sad that I really liked him as our coach.

According to La Canfora, who has been a little closer to right than wrong as of late, Dolphins are leaning Daboll now because of his relationship with Tua.

The one thing to like about Daboll is he seems to know how to create a run game.

2009 Browns: 8th in yards, mostly trash at RB all year. Jerome Harrison started last three games and had 561 yards.
    2010 Browns: This is the Peyton Hillis year, turned the guy into a beast and even made the Madden cover.
    2011 Phins: 11th in yards, Reggie Bush 1k year on 5 yards a carry
    2012 Chiefs: 5th in yards, Jamaal Charles 1500+ yards on 5.3 yards a carry.
    2018 Bills: 9th in yards, nothing great at RB
    2019 Bills: 8th in yards, Gore and rookie Singletary
    2020 Bills: 20th, tied with the Browns year as his worst rushing year but Josh Allen took over.
    2021 Bills: 6th in yards - running QB in Allen helps pick him back up.

Jamaal Charles is the only ELITE RB he has had but pretty much every RB had career years under him. He knows you gotta have a run game. Top 11 rush attack in 6 of 8 seasons.

Now his passing attack as been in the 20s other than this last two season with Allen and being 2nd and 3rd. He hasn't had much to work with for QBs, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson - Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace - Matt Moore, Chad Henne - Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn - Josh Allen, Nathan Peterman, Jake Delhomme

I’ve been a giant Daboll fan and agree with Omar’s opinion that he’s the best play caller we’ve had in the past 10 years.

But more importantly I’ve been so impressed with his growth as a coach. Read the piece that Marcel Louis-Jacques wrote about him here: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...offense-career

You can’t tell me that he would be the exact opposite of Flores. Plus with all of his experience in the league I would feel like he has the best shot out of all the first time guys to build a good staff. He’s not like Flo, or Kellen Moore, who have only coached in one place their whole career.

Hiring Daboll would be a great move. The only problem is I have no idea how you call this system with Tua. Watching the Bills game and all thinking is that Tua can’t make half of these throws that Josh is making. If anything I think Daboll would perfect in Chicago with Fields.

Hopefully he can make magic happen with Tua, but if not you do whatever you can to get him someone like CJ Stroud in 2023. This vertical passing game is incredible. Although I am seeing so many more RPOs than I thought they called. It’s just the RPOs are going for 15-20 yards instead of 5 lol.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-15-2022 at 10:13 PM.

He worked with Tua at Bama so he knows what he can and can't do. My biggest thing is what DC does he bring with him. Vic Fangio im sure is on top of everyones list.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast