Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Brian Flores fired (Update: Flores sues NFL/Miami)

HOLY **** BOYS

I was not in on Flores but Iím stunned. Holy **** holy **** holy ****.

Updated interview list:
    Brian Daboll
    Mike McDaniel
    Dan Quinn
    Vance Joseph
    Kellen Moore
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 01-11-2022 at 08:19 PM.

Dannnnnnnnnng. I saw that clip of Glazer yesterday. Ross must've had a deadline of him making the playoffs by end of year 3.
    Tua getting traded seems even more likely now.

Dumpster fire. Can't make it up.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Harbaugh is coming. Guarantee it.

Wow. i'm shocked honestly. Flores will get scooped real quick though. Denver is my guess.

I sure hope Ross and Grier had a plan before the firing.

But...

Denver hires Flores, retains Munchak, then trades for Watson. Just watch

I think in the future we will look back and wish we never fired Flores.

It also makes no sense to me to fire Flores and not send Grier out the door.

Flo was great with defense, and so is Boyer. But he just couldn't keep an offensive coaching staff together, or select good offensive coaches. A lot of the guys we drafted were hand picked by Flo, especially on defense. makes me wonder what the heck is going to happen to this roster.

Also makes me wonder just how low we dropped in the Watson sweepstakes since Watson liked Flo. Is Ross going to pull the trigger on Watson and then have him give input into the new HC (like he wanted in HOU)? This just makes the off-season even more compelling.

Ok so I know that I said I wanted Flores fired, but Iím scared now lol

Thereís obviously a lot going on, but just looking through the reporters tweets hereís a few things that I think have lead to this decision.

QB seems to be a major one. It seems like Floís relationship with Tua had deteriorated to a ridiculous point. Reportedly Tuaís finger was healthy enough to start against the Ravens and Flo still decided to start Brissett.

We all know that Floís personality is tough to work with. Weíve heard it since he pretty much took over and traded Minkah. Hes struggled work with coaches or players, and has actively decided to push people away for the most part. I just think there was no shot he could hire a good offensive staff this year to fix it. He also probably would have done everything to move on from Tua.

On the player portion, Omar posted the drama around KVN getting released. Apparently Van Noy was arguing with some coaches about play calls, and the players respected him for it. But Flo didnít like to be second guessed and pushed to have him cut.

Rappaport said Flo was a major reason for Watson wanting to come to Miami. Now that might mean Watson is open to other moves. Or hell, maybe Flo goes to Houston and convinces Watson to stay.

This move is also not directly related to Harbaugh becoming the HC. Multiple big time reporters have said it.

Beasley just posted a story on PFN with some hits.

Flores rode his players hard over making weight and speaking to reporters, embarrassing them in front of teammates, or even keeping them home from road trips over relatively trivial offenses.

And he didnít have quarterback Tua Tagovailoaís back from the first day Tua arrived on campus. He benched the first-round pick twice as a rookie and then tried for nearly six months to bring Deshaun Watson to Miami ó even though Watson faced nearly two-dozen accusations of sexual misconduct.

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh has long been an object of Rossí affection, but heís just one of several options we expect the Dolphins to consider this cycle. Former Eagles coach Doug Pederson ó who has Miami ties ó is another.

Hate hate hate hate this move.

Since the complete tear down everything had been tracking so well and the right decisions were being made, and then it just hit a wall and I don't think Flores was the problem. That said, I think Watson is literally the sole reason for this. I think whoever wanted Watson (Flores I think?) and whoever didn't (Ownership) clashed so hard that it made the relationship untenable.

Now Flores will go, someone who isn't as good going to come in and blow up the whole offense/defense, they're going to draft or bring in a vet on QB, ruin Tua, and now we're back to being 9-8 or 8-9 every year and everything we worked so hard for is for naught.

Semi-related: Jim Harbaugh is horrible as a coach in every way, shape and form and would be an idiot to leave Michigan where he can do no wrong to come to the nfl and get fired in 2 years

Let me list the coaches before Flores

Gase
    Philbin
    Sparano
    Saban
    Wannstedt

This is Brian Flores first gig as head coach. Coaches like players also develop. He took a horrible Dolphins team and in their 2nd and 3rd seasons had winning seasons.

So hereís where Iím at on the decision.

Flo was clearly a good coach, but thereís been so much smoke coming from the locker room that I think we might have made the move a year early. I had no faith heíd fix the offense, and the only way I saw it work was if Flo got a somewhat decent staff and got Watson to completely take over games (which could have easily happened).

But Iím absolutely terrified that Ross makes a desperation move. I know it feels like he will, but the way heís done it before makes me think he wonít be that reactionary. Hopefully he gets someone with experience but doesnít just take the big name guy.

Keeping Grier is ugly and limits the options you have for HCs. But in Rossís statement, he said he believes the team has a young and talented roster. I tend to agree. Iím just remembering how we talked about keeping Grier after Gase. Someone said that the only person who knows who advocated for who is Ross himself. Beasley said that every single move, whether to add a player or cut someone, was either cleared or advocated for by Flo. We know Grier is a yes man and apparently outside of Tua, every other move was heavily influenced by Flo.

Iím terrified of this move, but I donít think itís the end of the world. Iím more worried about Flo being good than I was Gase, but I also wouldnít be surprised if Flo is a better DC. Dude needs to spend time away from NE and network a bit more. Get me a guy like Doug Pederson and Im happy.

But Iím also terrified of this meaning we stick with Tua or get desperate for Kirk.

Quote Originally Posted by RcrkllrH2 View Post
    Hate hate hate hate this move.

Since the complete tear down everything had been tracking so well and the right decisions were being made, and then it just hit a wall and I don't think Flores was the problem. That said, I think Watson is literally the sole reason for this. I think whoever wanted Watson (Flores I think?) and whoever didn't (Ownership) clashed so hard that it made the relationship untenable.

Now Flores will go, someone who isn't as good going to come in and blow up the whole offense/defense, they're going to draft or bring in a vet on QB, ruin Tua, and now we're back to being 9-8 or 8-9 every year and everything we worked so hard for is for naught.

Semi-related: Jim Harbaugh is horrible as a coach in every way, shape and form and would be an idiot to leave Michigan where he can do no wrong to come to the nfl and get fired in 2 years
    If people think Brian Flores was tough on players Jim Harbaugh was notorious for pushing his teams harder.

Iím sure I could convince myself to get in on Harbaugh, but that would feel so much like Rhule in Carolina. At least Harbaugh has better coaching connections and could literally build the same staff he had in San Fran.

My top option is still Doug. Still like Daboll but Iíve cooled on him this year. I really stopped paying attention to the coaching pool since the win streak lol.

The absolute worst thing this could mean is forcing Tua on a HC. Hopefully the QB change interest wasnít purely on Flo. You need to give the HC the option to get a QB he wants if he doesnít want Tua.

Also need someone who envisions the defense the same way. I donít think the defense is so specifically crafted that you canít make changes, but someone aggressive needs to come in. Canít have a guy like Eberflus from Indy or Dan Quinn who play strict cover 2 or cover 3. Need an aggressive DC.

Doug with Vic Fangio as the DC would be sex.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast