Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Yankees make history today!

FILED UNDER:
    YANKEES NEWS

YANKEES MINOR LEAGUES & PROSPECTS

MLB PROSPECTS & MINOR LEAGUES
    Yankees promote Rachel Balkovec to Low-A Tampa manager
    Balkovec makes history as the first woman to manage a minor league team.

By Ryan Pavich Jan 9, 2022, 7:15pm EST

The Yankees have made a move within their minor league system, promoting Rachel Balkovec as their new manager for the Low-A Tampa Tarpons according to The Athleticís Lindsey Adler. Balkovec will become the first woman to ever manage a minor league team, three years after she became the first female coach in minor league history when the Yankees hired her as a minor league hitting instructor in 2019.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2022/...oric-promotion

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    FILED UNDER:
    YANKEES NEWS

YANKEES MINOR LEAGUES & PROSPECTS

MLB PROSPECTS & MINOR LEAGUES
    Yankees promote Rachel Balkovec to Low-A Tampa manager
    Balkovec makes history as the first woman to manage a minor league team.

By Ryan Pavich Jan 9, 2022, 7:15pm EST

The Yankees have made a move within their minor league system, promoting Rachel Balkovec as their new manager for the Low-A Tampa Tarpons according to The Athleticís Lindsey Adler. Balkovec will become the first woman to ever manage a minor league team, three years after she became the first female coach in minor league history when the Yankees hired her as a minor league hitting instructor in 2019.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2022/...oric-promotion
    As long as the person can do the job Iím totally ok with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    As long as the person can do the job Iím totally ok with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Frankly I don't think the Yankees give her the job if they didn't feel she was qualified and up to the task.

Doc, i agree. The Yanks have made huge strides in the last 3yrs bringing in high level developmental people throughout the system, they wouldnt have given her that job unless the thought she was the best person for the job.

I would say they must have an extremely high level of confidence in her. That first step into long season ball is probably 2nd only to AA developmental wise. Its a huge step from SS ball to full season ball and without quality coaches it can really be rough, especially for the IFA kids who have never played under the lights or adjusting to being stateside full time. With Vargas, possibly Arias at some point next yr, Brendon Beck and the other high ceiling kids the drafted last yr, they need to have a manager that will help them be comfortable, confident and help them make a smooth transition to full season ball.

Just my opinion but i doubt being a women had much to do with giving her that job. She had alot of success last yr working with Dom, Sweeney, Periera, Gomez and Garcia if i remember correctly. If the high level kids hadnt responded well to her , she wouldn't have gotten the job.

She did a really good job last yr pushing Lawson " hit strikes hard" hitting philosophy and i expect that they believe that success will continue in her new role.

All of the spec guys have been hoping for yrs that the Yanks would bring in the best scouts, coaches and developmental people even if it cost them more money than u normally pay those guys. They have done a heck of a job doing that since the 19 season and last yr was proof of that up and down the system. Lets hope they continue bringing in great people to develop all the incredibly talented kids they have so we can start to see that success in the system show up as results on the MLB club the nwxt few yrs.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Good stuff. Good for her. I am sure she earned it. Saying MLB isn't an easy place for women is an understatement.

Ignorance is bliss

100% in favor of promoting the most deserving candidate and promoting women in general.

Congrats the Yankees are a huge organization and anyone getting this position is a qualified person. Expectations are always high.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Listen to the new manager:

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1YqxopOBlbXKv

Very bright, articulate and knowledgeable. Great story.

Long overdue in my book. Plenty of women who deserve to be involved in the game, from the field (maybe not the majors yet) to ownership.

Hope things will change and start changing because it's looonngggg overdue.

Gotta open the game to everyone interested and deserving; wherever that's race, sex, sexual orientation, nationality or religion. That's how you preserve the game for generations in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Frankly I don't think the Yankees give her the job if they didn't feel she was qualified and up to the task.
    I donít have a problem with it but I feel only former ball players should get the manager jobs.

This reminds me of when the Lightning had the female goalie.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    I donít have a problem with it but I feel only former ball players should get the manager jobs.

Obviously you do have a problem with it then. If you've read anything about her, you'd know that the players love her coaching style and respect her very much. Sure sounds like the right person got the job to me

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

Actually looking at the resume, she is more qualified to manage a baseball team then the guy they hired to manage our big league club in 2018

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Obviously you do have a problem with it then. If you've read anything about her, you'd know that the players love her coaching style and respect her very much. Sure sounds like the right person got the job to me
    Mush is worried she will get promoted to the MLB team and he will be fully aroused by her. Then he would jack it to her and when his wife caught him, he would be too scared to say it was her, so he would have to tell his wife he was jacking it to Stanton. She will then call him a derogatory term for a gay man and storm out of the room. This will leave Mush on the couch for the night but alive and grappling with the fact that his wife will now address him by that term for the rest of their marriage
    Mush will live with being called the name

Ignorance is bliss