-Tracy Walker and Charles Harris extensions
    -Finding a new OC
    -Doing everything we can to keep Aaron Glenn around as DC
    -Bolster the WR core
    -LB core needs help bad
    -Safety to pair with Tracy Walker
    -Help with the DL
    -Stay healthy please
    This sums it up pretty well. Im hoping that the Dan Campbell culture will attract atleast 1 important FA signing. I doubt Glenn gets a serious look at HC anywhere this year. But if this Defense does continue to improve we will lose him eventually.

Most importantly, itís been five years, bring on the new unis!!

Seriously though, Harris might command some serious dough to re-sign. Hope we can work something out. Iím all about stacking edge rushers and getting him back under contract, but not at all costs, especially after we draft Thibs/Hutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Most importantly, itís been five years, bring on the new unis!!

Seriously though, Harris might command some serious dough to re-sign. Hope we can work something out. Iím all about stacking edge rushers and getting him back under contract, but not at all costs, especially after we draft Thibs/Hutch.
    Spotrac says market value is about 4 years and 38 million. That seems a little rich to me for a guy with one year of production. Either way they'll have work to do at EDGE with Trey Flowers likely getting the boot.

the OC issue is interesting, does Man Cannibal plan to continue to call the plays? i don't think many OC candidates want to come to a terrible organization without playcalling duties, and considering our offensive personnel, there isn't much potential for career growth, unless you're an offensive mastermind, which you can't even prove if you're not at the helm

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Some important team matters to take care of this offseason:

-Tracy Walker and Charles Harris extensions
    -Finding a new OC
    -Doing everything we can to keep Aaron Glenn around as DC
    -Bolster the WR core
    -LB core needs help bad
    -Safety to pair with Tracy Walker
    -Help with the DL
    -Stay healthy please
    I wouldn't pony up for Harris...do the same thing you did this year look for a cheap fix that is trying to prove he can do it. Derek Barnett from philly is pretty much next years Harris.

New OC - its got to be Ben Johnson then we aren't changing OC's IMO. It's about finding the new TE coach.

Aaron Gleen - I know he got a lot out of very little but I don't see 1 year as dc getting him a job.

WR core will be addressed in the draft or by resigning Reynolds

LB core - I could see them drafting either Devon Lloyd or Nakobe Dean with our first selection or possibly if they fall to the rams pick this draft is going to be really interesting because neither Thibodeaux nor Hutch is the next Chase Young level talent that makes them the clear choice at either 1 or 2.

Saftey - Marcus Williams from the saints, or Quandre Diggs (pipe dream I know)

DL - I mean we really do have to hit the defense again this year in the draft right. I mean Oline is solid, running backs have depth, Tight End might have 1 spot available, WR really only needs resigning of Reynolds if the money is right and an additional pick up either draft of free agency, and there is no qb in this years draft that is considered a franchise qb. So the defense should be the focus to me.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Spotrac says market value is about 4 years and 38 million. That seems a little rich to me for a guy with one year of production. Either way they'll have work to do at EDGE with Trey Flowers likely getting the boot.
    Totally agree. I want to believe he's turned the corner and will continue at similar production going forward, but we don't have the flexibility to take expensive chances in the second year of a rebuild.

Also agree with garnotm with the promotion of Ben Johnson to OC. Hell, I'd probably prefer for the offensive game calling to stay exactly as it has been for the second half of this season. I don't think that a having an OC that doesn't call the plays all that unusual. It's actually something that DCs very familiar with coming from the Saints, with Pete Carmichael holding OC duties and Sean Payton calling plays. AFAIC, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

One nice to see on LOL's To Do list was the lack of need for a QB in the offseason. To see Goff turn things around here in-season and go 3-1 in his final 4 starts makes me feel absolutely comfortable not going QB unless some dream candidate falls into our lap and forces our hand. I'd thought that Goff's final couple years in LA mentally broke him and wasn't coming back, but the guy stepped up and impressed. I think he 100% deserves to hold the reins of the team next season.

Black Monday being unkind to the NFC North

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Black Monday being unkind to the NFC North
    Gooooooooooooooood.

Flores getting fired is a stunner. Easy speculation says they want Harbaugh given the Stephen Ross connection but "sources" say that isn't the case via Jeff Darlington.

Gooooooooooooooood.

Flores getting fired is a stunner. Easy speculation says they want Harbaugh given the Stephen Ross connection but "sources" say that isn't the case via Jeff Darlington.
    That makes a lot of sense, especially seeing Ross already pays for a huge chuck of Harbaugh's salary at Michigan.

Bill Polian selected to assist Chicago in their GM/HC selection. Is it too soon for Quinn/Patricia part II in the Windy City? Thank god Sheila brought in Spielman to assist because if Martha's still in charge, we'd have gone back to that dried up well, guaranteed.

Well the Broncos have requested permission to interview Aaron Glenn for their HC opening.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball We beat Duke in Coach K's last home game and finished his career in the Final 4.
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Lions and Jets coaching staff will be coaching the Senior Bowl.

and this I found intresting via Pride of Detroit and the official Senior Bowl Announcement:

ďFor the first time in the gameís rich history, head coaches will serve in more an advisory capacity while promoting select assistants into leadership roles on the staff (e.g. running backs coach to head coach, secondary coach to defensive coordinator, etc.). This new change will offer position coaches and coordinators developmental opportunities in a setting that showcases their skills in front of peers from all 32 clubs.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Well the Broncos have requested permission to interview Aaron Glenn for their HC opening.
    Thankfully they have a list of 9 guys they want to interview. We need another year or two with him to really get this thing rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
    Thankfully they have a list of 9 guys they want to interview. We need another year or two with him to really get this thing rolling.
    I agree

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball We beat Duke in Coach K's last home game and finished his career in the Final 4.
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast