Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

2022 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread

Posting this as the 49ers get a pick on Stafford to sneak into the playoffs. That pick will unfortunately be at best somewhere between 19-24 (the pick we send to Philly is #15).

Dolphins currently have 9 picks in the draft.
    1st: 49ers
    2nd: Our own
    3rd: Comp pick from the 49ers. It will be the pick they got for the Robert Saleh hire, so around the 100s
    4th: Ours and Pittsburgh’s which now will likely be later since they slipped into the playoffs.
    5th: Ours
    6th: Ours
    7th: Ours and a pick we got for the Isaiah Ford trade

We were set to get comp picks for Godcheax and Fitz. Signing Fuller negated the Fitz pick, but since Fitz did not play this year that pick was wiped and 5th we would have gotten from Godcheax is gone.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Stafford and the Rams can **** off for how badly they played against the 49ers. And if I’m following the playoff seeding correctly I think they play again next week, so that pick may fall even further.

Unfortunately that pick is looking more like 2020 Houston Texans pick and not the 2021 Houston Texans pick.

But even though it’s not the haul we’re used to, still plenty to work with. Grier will have to work with a perfectly average looking draft class, but will have some ammo to move up on day 2 if he wants or acquire vets on expensive deals if he wants.

Rams play the cardinals and niners play the cowboys.

I originally thought Stafford was underrated in Detroit. After watching him this season I think he is more hype than substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Rams play the cardinals and niners play the cowboys.

I originally thought Stafford was underrated in Detroit. After watching him this season I think he is more hype than substance.
    The dude is Kirk Cousins with better PR. It’s just that no one watched him in Detroit so they never saw how bad he was.

Thank god I was wrong. But I’m really not happy that we have to rely on Dallas to beat the 49ers.

Now we’ll have to throw in an extra pick for that QB trade….

Guys would it have better to lose to the Saints? Would have gotten them into the playoffs over the 49ers.

Praying that we get Linderbaum

Mid 20's, i'd be looking hard at WR to bolster this offense. Jameson Williams, Treylon Burks, or Chris Olave. SF makes it to the NFCCG or SB, then i'm just taking either RB Breece Hall or Kenny Walker III and calling it a day. Need to address RB. I like what both Duke and Lindsay brought this year, but I'm not convinced either can be a 300 carry back.

And as much as this team needs it, if I see another OL prospect in the 1st or 2nd rd, i'm gonna puke. This FO has no good OL talent evaluators.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Mid 20's, i'd be looking hard at WR to bolster this offense. Jameson Williams, Treylon Burks, or Chris Olave. SF makes it to the NFCCG or SB, then i'm just taking either RB Breece Hall or Kenny Walker III and calling it a day. Need to address RB. I like what both Duke and Lindsay brought this year, but I'm not convinced either can be a 300 carry back.

And as much as this team needs it, if I see another OL prospect in the 1st or 2nd rd, i'm gonna puke. This FO has no good OL talent evaluators.
    WR or Edge is going to be the best depth based on where our pick will be. I’m all over a first round WR. Literally the only other two options I like are Linderbaum or Lloyd.

Absolutely no on RB in the first. There isn’t a complete back like that in this years class. I know we’re all super high on Kenneth Walker on this forum, but he’s also got limited receiving or pass blocking film. There’s not a single guy I would take before our 2nd round pick.

Resign Duke and Lindsay as your two depth guys and draft someone in rounds 2-4. This years class doesn’t have the elite upside guys, but there’s a group of 6-7 guys that I think are all good. This class is made up of Michael Carters or Trey Sermons instead of the Javonte or Najee.

If we’re to draft an Olineman I need a veteran Oline coach asap. I’m talking a Mike Munchak from Denver caliber guy. Any other level of Oline coach immediately needs vets instead of rookies.

The dude I love the most in our pick range is Jordan Davis, dude is a monster in the middle but our middle DL is already pretty stacked.

Chris Olave is ok, I don't love him as much as others do. Drake London could be a replacement for Parker/Preston.

Really like Devin Lloyd but prob goes higher.

Davis is a man-beast! but we have Raekwon manning the middle, and he's doing awesome at it. No need to add another NT type DL, but the player is goooooooood.
    London kind of scares me. I've never been high on USC players for some reason.

With the torn ACL, if Jameson Williams enters the draft, he could legit be a steal for us in the 20's.

Drake London is a hard no for me. I know Chase is lighting up the world, but I try and stay away from guys who purely win off jump balls situations.

I love Olave. He’s basically Will Fuller so the fit would work well. He’s just so smooth of a player that he doesn’t look like the fastest guy. But then you line up and he’s behind you.

But Treylon Burkes remains my favorite. I swear he’s AJ Brown 2.0.

Jameson Williams has declared for the draft after tearing his ACL in the championship game.

Y’all know how Grier loves to drafts injures Bama players.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Jameson Williams has declared for the draft after tearing his ACL in the championship game.

Y’all know how Grier loves to drafts injures Bama players.
    I would LOVE me some Williams on this team. The ACL is scary, but when healthy, this kid is probably the best WR in the draft, or in the top 2.

I wonder if this team would trade away the SF 1st rd pick for another 2023 1st rd pick? stock up in case the new HC doesn't like Tua?

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    I wonder if this team would trade away the SF 1st rd pick for another 2023 1st rd pick? stock up in case the new HC doesn't like Tua?
    🤔

Im on board

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Drake London is a hard no for me. I know Chase is lighting up the world, but I try and stay away from guys who purely win off jump balls situations.

I love Olave. He’s basically Will Fuller so the fit would work well. He’s just so smooth of a player that he doesn’t look like the fastest guy. But then you line up and he’s behind you.

But Treylon Burkes remains my favorite. I swear he’s AJ Brown 2.0.
    Not a big fan of London either, just saying thats who he is. A jump ball guy. Not really wanting to spend a pick on that but seen him mocked close. Rather keep Parker.

And the issue I have with Olave is he has never been the best WR on his own team. Feel he sometimes gets easier converges because of that.

As always the draft feels very deep with WRs. Get George Pickens, Dontario Drummond, Khalil Shakir or Jaivon Heiligh on day 3

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast