Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

2022 Miami Dolphins Free Agency Thread

Please use this thread specifically for veteran moves.

Dolphins currently set to have $75millions in cap space, most in the NFL. There is a relatively easy path for them to open up close to $20-$22 million if they wanted.

Currently only 26 players under contract, so even though we will have a ton of money we have a lot of players we need to add.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Right off the bat, resign both Duke and Lindsay. Cheap and they proved dependable in the RPO. Battering rams when they run it. It's what this team needed all year. We are pretty much out of the running for Kenny Walker III.

Resign Ogbah and keep the DL intact for the next 3 years.

If we don't trade for Watson, send a pick to DET for Decker and sure up the LT spot, while sliding Eich to RT. I think Hunt would do wonders for him more so than AJ. Also I'd look to sign Ben Powers (I think that's his name), the OC from TEN who will be a free agent. Not the top option, but a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Right off the bat, resign both Duke and Lindsay. Cheap and they proved dependable in the RPO. Battering rams when they run it. It's what this team needed all year. We are pretty much out of the running for Kenny Walker III.

Resign Ogbah and keep the DL intact for the next 3 years.

If we don't trade for Watson, send a pick to DET for Decker and sure up the LT spot, while sliding Eich to RT. I think Hunt would do wonders for him more so than AJ. Also I'd look to sign Ben Powers (I think that's his name), the OC from TEN who will be a free agent. Not the top option, but a good option.
    Great ideas and with that Tenn OC you probably get a guy who will instill a more physical style, which favours Duke and Lindsay, plus whoever you add to the RB corps and OL.

^^^^Its actually Ben Jones, but I’ve always liked him. Stud run blocker and doesn’t get physically dominated as a run blocker.

Duke has earned a role with the team next year. He’s the only reason the offense won against New York or New England. Lindsay is better suited for an outside zone scheme, which I don’t think we have the hogs to run right now. But he’s an interesting option to keep.

The main point is to get Myles Gaskin off of my ****ing team. Jesus do I never want to watch him take a snap here again.

I think we have to make a play at Armstead. I’d love to see Corey Linsley too. I know they are both older but we have tried the youth route on the offensive line and it has not worked fast enough.
    Last edited by oconn444; 01-10-2022 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oconn444 View Post
    I think we have to make a play at Armstead. I’d love to see Corey Linsley too. I know they are both older but we have tried the youth route on the offensive line and it has not worked fast enough.
    Linsley is under contract with the Chargers.

Armstead is going to be the popular name. He’s the best Olineman in the class and he fits our mold. But he’s had some injury issues over the past few seasons. I’m getting some real Brandon Albert vibes from him.

One situation I would keep an eye on is Dallas. Terrence Steele and La’el Collins played musical chairs all year at RT and both still look good. Collins might be one of those vets available for a day 3 pick because of his age and salary. You have a similar issue with him as Armstead in terms of age and injuries, but great value and another good player.

As much as I like Terron Armstead, unless hes cheap I don't think we can risk signing him. He will be hurt at some point in a season, he has never finished a full season in his entire 9 year career. His best was 15 then 14x2, 13, 10x2, 8, 7, 6.

Orlando Brown is the move being he's also way younger. Pay him, it also takes away from a good team in the AFC. Although could see him getting a tag.

Scherff also another name, unless he resigns he should be out there as they won't use the tag again on him.

Also names for the OL are Laken Tomlinson, Connor Williams, James Daniels, Ben Jones,
    Andrew Norwell, Morgan Moses, Austin Corbett, Trent Brown.

If we don't sign atleast two of those names FA was a bust IMO. Unless we trade for one.

Weird thought today, whether or not we get Daboll, I think signing Mitch Trubisky might be a really good thing for this team. Has solid talent, kind of same situation he had in CHI as Tua has had in MIA . . . Lackluster OL play and average weapons, and would be cheap, but also would genuinely challenge Tua in practice imo. Brissett never challenged Tua.

If we get Daboll, Isaiah McKenzie becomes an immediate FA to target. He would help take some of that pressure off of Waddle but dude is so electric.

Also gets us a return threat again, which was a massive issue this year. Boy was I wrong how easy it would be to replace Grant (still the right move tho)

Will Fuller WR UFA Gone
    Emmanuel Ogbah EDGE UFA resign
    Jacoby Brissett QB UFA Gone
    Phillip Lindsay RB UFA Gone
    Albert Wilson WR UFA Gone
    Justin Coleman CB UFA 50/50
    Elandon Roberts LB UFA resign
    Malcolm Brown RB UFA Gone
    Mike Gesicki TE UFA resign
    Michael Palardy P UFA resign
    John Jenkins IDL UFA Gone
    Jason McCourty S UFA 50/50
    Brennan Scarlett LB UFA resign
    Duke Riley LB UFA 50/50
    Mack Hollins WR UFA resign
    Duke Johnson RB UFA resign
    Greg Mancz C UFA Gone
    Vince Biegel LB UFA resign
    Isaiah Ford WR UFA Gone
    Sheldrick Redwine S RFA 50/50
    Patrick Laird RB RFA Gone
    Jamal Perry CB RFA 50/50
    Nik Needham CB RFA resign
    Durham Smythe TE UFA resign
    Salvon Ahmed RB ERFA resign
    Elijah Campbell S ERFA 50/50
    Preston Williams WR RFA resign
    Sam Eguavoen LB RFA resign
    Spencer Pulley C SFA Gone
    Tommylee Lewis WR SFA 50/50
    Jordan Scarlett RB SFA Gone
    Durval Queiroz RG SFA 50/50

Quote Originally Posted by gambo1988 View Post
    Will Fuller WR UFA Gone
    Emmanuel Ogbah EDGE UFA resign
    Jacoby Brissett QB UFA Gone
    Phillip Lindsay RB UFA Gone
    Albert Wilson WR UFA Gone
    Justin Coleman CB UFA 50/50
    Elandon Roberts LB UFA resign
    Malcolm Brown RB UFA Gone
    Mike Gesicki TE UFA resign
    Michael Palardy P UFA resign
    John Jenkins IDL UFA Gone
    Jason McCourty S UFA 50/50
    Brennan Scarlett LB UFA resign
    Duke Riley LB UFA 50/50
    Mack Hollins WR UFA resign
    Duke Johnson RB UFA resign
    Greg Mancz C UFA Gone
    Vince Biegel LB UFA resign
    Isaiah Ford WR UFA Gone
    Sheldrick Redwine S RFA 50/50
    Patrick Laird RB RFA Gone
    Jamal Perry CB RFA 50/50
    Nik Needham CB RFA resign
    Durham Smythe TE UFA resign
    Salvon Ahmed RB ERFA resign
    Elijah Campbell S ERFA 50/50
    Preston Williams WR RFA resign
    Sam Eguavoen LB RFA resign
    Spencer Pulley C SFA Gone
    Tommylee Lewis WR SFA 50/50
    Jordan Scarlett RB SFA Gone
    Durval Queiroz RG SFA 50/50
    I don't have a problem with most of them except

Preston Williams. He is just wasting a roster spot. I don't know if injuries have done him in but he can't do anything anymore.

Jordan Scarlett might stick around because he fills the box of intangibles at the minimum price.

Salvon Ahmed is gone. I give him zero chance of returning. He does nothing but run and he doesnt even do that well. Lindsay and Johnson showed how bad Gaskins and Ahmed really are.

Phillip Lindsay is one of our 2 best RBS. Unless we bring in some backs to replace him he may be sticking around.

The problem with predicting any FA right now is we have no idea what scheme we’ll want to run, especially defensively.

Lindsay is great in a outside zone blocking scheme. Getting someone like McDaniel would put him as a must resign.

Preston was clearly a guy that got in Flo’s dog house. He’s like Parker where you absolutely cannot rely on him, but with a new staff I’d look into bringing him to camp.

Not going to lie, I think it might have been Flo that didn't want Gesicki, or want to feature him as much. I always thought Grier and Flo were on the same page when it came to players. I think if he get an offensive minded HC, I think Gesicki comes back into the fold. I don't know why I never thought of this before lol.

IMO, I think someone like Daboll, or Moore, or McDaniels would love to have Gesicki and Waddle as their main receiving options. Gives them flexibility to go after other guys knowing they have option 1 and 2 locked up (and option 3 if they keep Parker).

I think Flo’s vision for the offense was a lot of 3 wide with a lot of speed. When you go 3 wide typically the TE will line up inline to help at least chip the line. Obviously Geiscki just can’t do that well enough to make it worthwhile. Then you add that even when he did go out wide he started to struggle this year to make an impact.

Daboll or Moore absolutely would love to work with Geiscki. Both use their backs to block a lot and love to get as many guys in the passing concept as possible, so you see a lot of 5 man protection. The only problem with that is we obviously don’t have a good Oline.

I think McDaniel would move on from him even faster than Flo honestly. The Shanahan scheme absolutely NEEDS a TE who can block. Not to say that he couldn’t make it work, but they’ve always had a good blocker.

Jeremy Fowler has listed the Pats and Dolphins as potential landing spots for WR Calvin Ridley. Speculated that a conditional 2nd round pick would get the deal done.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast