Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 384 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.win...rflus-nfl-2022

"Brian Dabollís stay at the Alabama OC Rehabilitation Facility worked out for the better. He landed the offensive coordinator job at Buffalo the following season. He then finally received a QB who had the legitimate talent to mold into a franchise stud. After a slow start in 2018, Daboll gradually molded Josh Allen into one of the best QBs in the AFC.

A major adjustment to Dabollís coaching style was the use of advanced metrics to track footwork and the velocity of Josh Allenís throws. It was thanks to that he found a way to drastically improve his QBís throwing mechanics. Footwork got better, arm motion improved, to a point Josh Allen wasnít winding up to throw like a baseball player anymore. His decision-making is still suspect at times, but a gunslinger will always take their chances. Josh Allen is a long-term answer that should compete for Super Bowls in the coming years."

Thought this was interesting. The Bills have been very big into analytics with their turnaround. Read several things about Beane and Schoen being the ones that pushed a lot to staff and invest in an analytical staff. The Bills website shows a six person staff dedicated only to analytical research. I really hope the Bears start doing this whether they get Bills guys or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.win...rflus-nfl-2022

"Brian Dabollís stay at the Alabama OC Rehabilitation Facility worked out for the better. He landed the offensive coordinator job at Buffalo the following season. He then finally received a QB who had the legitimate talent to mold into a franchise stud. After a slow start in 2018, Daboll gradually molded Josh Allen into one of the best QBs in the AFC.

A major adjustment to Dabollís coaching style was the use of advanced metrics to track footwork and the velocity of Josh Allenís throws. It was thanks to that he found a way to drastically improve his QBís throwing mechanics. Footwork got better, arm motion improved, to a point Josh Allen wasnít winding up to throw like a baseball player anymore. His decision-making is still suspect at times, but a gunslinger will always take their chances. Josh Allen is a long-term answer that should compete for Super Bowls in the coming years."

Thought this was interesting. The Bills have been very big into analytics with their turnaround. Read several things about Beane and Schoen being the ones that pushed a lot to staff and invest in an analytical staff. The Bills website shows a six person staff dedicated only to analytical research. I really hope the Bears start doing this whether they get Bills guys or not.
    Honestly the biggest reason I think GM is going to be much more important than HC. We need to catch up to the 21st century.

Overall I will say Iím just not enthused by the HC candidates we interviewed. I never thought Iíd want a defensive guy, but Iíd take a Brandon Staley type over a shot in the dark OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Honestly the biggest reason I think GM is going to be much more important than HC. We need to catch up to the 21st century.

Overall I will say Iím just not enthused by the HC candidates we interviewed. I never thought Iíd want a defensive guy, but Iíd take a Brandon Staley type over a shot in the dark OC.
    Idk that there are any guys like that this cycle. I guess maybe Flores because of age or Patrick Graham Giants DC. I really think Eberflus will be highly successful, and is my favorite DC this go around. I like when guys coach both offense and defense, and Eberflus was the passing game coordinator for the Cowboys for two years while also coaching LBs. Pairing he and Dodds or Morocco Brown could be a strong combo.

Oh yeah forgot because we haven't requested an interview but Jerod Mayo could be the Brandon Staley of this year.

Daboll isn't bringing Allen, Diggs and Knox with him. If he is hired, we better pray Justin is 2/3 of Allen, if not, we are an 8 win team per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I, for one, am shocked that a Mike McCarthy-led team is ******** the bed in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's a bad head coach IMO. He no longer has Rodgers to bail him out. Plus, I think that it hinders a man from being the head coach, if he's calling plays. Not a fan of that.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBear View Post
    Chiefs (Matt Cassel, Brady Quinn), Dolphins (Matt Moore, Pat Devlin), Browns (Derek Anderson, Seneca Wallace) is who he had previously as an OC. Doubt about anyone would get high level play out of that group. And not sure it's that concerning. If Fields doesn't take that step we'll suck anyways and will be starting over regardless. I think they have been expressed but I don't think people are going to be overly concerned that Daboll didn't have great offenses when he had next to no talent at previous locations. The goal should be to have good talent and coaching not one or the other. Good coaching is pointless without talent.
    I agree with this. I remember watching NBC years ago, when Ditka was still on the panel. A question was asked to him. "Coach...who's the best head coach in the NFL." Ditka: "The coach with the best players. Just like every other year."

That said, I think that Fields is very similar to JA as far as throwing, mobility, and running the ball. I'd be happy with Daboll. I think that Fields may be tailored to his offense.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    https://mobile.twitter.com/dabearsbl...63408270495745

After the Bills pairing, Dodds and Eberflus is probably my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    He's a bad head coach IMO. He no longer has Rodgers to bail him out. Plus, I think that it hinders a man from being the head coach, if he's calling plays. Not a fan of that.
    I'm wonder if Jerry Jones gets pissed enough to throw crazy money at Harbaugh, it seems like something he would do. I can't see how the Cowboys, with that team, can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonderful View Post
    I'm wonder if Jerry Jones gets pissed enough to throw crazy money at Harbaugh, it seems like something he would do. I can't see how the Cowboys, with that team, can't win.
    Jerry will do the same thing he's done with most coaches. Keep them a year or two longer than he should, ruining their title window, then hire another yes man. Harbaugh and Jerry would clash from day one.

Also a big point DG is that when Marinelli and Monte Kiffin took over for Rob Ryan he was retained, and he helped them transition from a 3-4 to a 4-3 which shows adaptability. Being retained through multiple staffs is definitely a positive for him. His defenses at Missouri were also very good.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    McCarthy doesn't call plays. Kellen Moore does.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Frazier will now interview Friday.