Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
    I really don't think any coaches made Favre, Rodgers, Elway. Brady, Mahomes and Manning to mention just a few into some of the best to ever play the position. They obviously helped with teaching them the system(s), but they didn't have any magic formula or teaching technique that made them the greats of the game.

So as far as HC candidates we are waiting on interview dates for Bowles, Leftwich, Quinn, and Frazier interviews Friday. For GMs waiting on Brown, Carthon, Khan, McKenzie, Poles, Smith, Hortiz, Wooden, and Wolf interviews tomorrow. Idk if they will interview every GM candidate they requested, but man that's 9 GM candidates left. This could take awhile.

I can't wait until this was all for show and McCaskey gives Champ Kelly the GM job, and they hire Frazier as the HC.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    If that’s what they wanna do then just hire Flores. He has the most recent HC experience and is coming off a relatively successful season considering Miami was projected to finish bottom 5. Frazier is a dinosaur and he gives me all kinds of John Fox vibes that none of us fans want any part of. You think they’d have learned their lesson after that epic fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Flores is still favored in Vegas- +275 with Daboll +350.

A lot of talk and hype (myself included) about Lincoln Riley and possibly being the next big coach. So far all his QBs have been lees than stellar. Is it because they left riley, or they are not great NFL QBs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I think all this talk about "we have to get this guy or that guy" to develop Fields or any other quarterback is really overrated. Yes, obviously good coaching helps, but to me it comes down to the actual athlete (QB) Does he have what it takes to play the position? If the answer is Yes then coaches can work with that and improve it.
    But if the answer is NO then no amount of coaching can get the guy to play at an elite level.
    The great ones really don't need much coaching!
    I think this rational shows failure simply looking at our history ..... We traded for a young great qb in Jay cutler and seemingly ruined him. Our system never fit him well. Our play makers sucked. He went from a great young QB like Herbert in Denver to what he was in chicago which people constantly debate if he is even the best qb in bears history. (And there are some in here who honestly don't think so)

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by disgruntledbull View Post
    A lot of talk and hype (myself included) about Lincoln Riley and possibly being the next big coach. So far all his QBs have been lees than stellar. Is it because they left riley, or they are not great NFL QBs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    His system really makes if easier on qbs. There is little to no question about that.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Flores is still favored in Vegas- +275 with Daboll +350.
    Daboll I would be very happy with. Flores is fine.... Pending his OC hire.

-Rem Koolhaas

https://twitter.com/HireDabollNow/st...NiIIk2ofg&s=19

Lol read this. The rational sounds so ridiculously Bears I almost believe it. Pretty funny actually.
    Last edited by toovey107; Today at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    No reason to believe we'll turn away from anyone based on race.

There are plenty of qualified minority candidates and non minority candidates. The emphasis is on giving the minority candidates an opportunity that they have not historically had.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Why can't they just hire the most qualified candidates? If they are both black, that's great. If they are both white, that's great. Race shouldn't ever be an issue, one way or the other. Like with all jobs, hire the best candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Also strange question. Is our new GM not going to have the ability to interview these candidates himself. Im not sure these guys will have much awareness of the guys as they don't know if they have a gm job. And many of these candidates are from teams with safe coaching seats. So are they just going to be told by ownership who they like? And have to choose from them and listen to them. If so the FO i just don't trust their judgement.

I feel the same way. These guys up top should not be involved in football decisions. Is this just a dog and pony show, with wanting us to think that they will not be involved in the GM and HC hirings? Publicly, they may not appear to be involved, but I don't trust for on second that they are not involved.

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162