Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Not trying to knock Daboll here because there's clearly plenty to like about him, but I wonder what the explanation is for their Offense having the 2nd highest DVOA variance in the league? Only the Texans were worse. They still managed to be 8th in Offensive DVOA, but the week to week inconsistency is a bit concerning for me.

Maybe it's an outlier because they didn't have the same problem the season before, but it's something worth considering.

My current GM wish list (of whats been reported)

Omar Kahn- I dont remember the Steelers ever being bad and if you can grab that orginazations number 2, I am all for it.

Eliot Wolf- Comes from a great organization and is the son of the guy who built the 90's Packers (Ron Wolf). I kinda hope that can be the Bears version of Scotty/Stan Bowman where the legendary old man kinda comes in the package. Like others have said too, he might have a little more fire in his belly to win and stick it to the Packers.

Rick Smith- Built some good teams in Houston and proved he can identify a franchise QB when he drafted Watson. He's far from perfect but I think he would be a nice upgrade to Pace.

Morocco Brown also sounds intriguing and comes from a good org, I like what I've read so but need to read more.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 01-14-2022 at 05:12 PM.

Coaching wishlist

Harbaugh- very good NFL track record and should have a ton of connections to build a good staff (Vic reunion?). The guy is a weirdo but I can get past that

Flores- Very risky but I would be ok with that, guy gets the most out of his roster and wins. If he likes Fields that should really help because hopefully we won't see the Tua type drama. If he has a good plan for OC and the offense he's probably my top candidate next to Harbaugh.

Daboll- My favorite candidate who hasn't been a head coach yet. Guy has coached a multitude of positions (including QB) and has a ton of experience as a playcaller. Hes also worked with both Belichek and Saban and hopefully some of that greatness rubbed off on him. The main thing though is that he has been apart of the process of turning a young talented QB into a stud ( Allen) which is exactly what we need for Fields.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 01-14-2022 at 05:30 PM.

A lot will depend on the coordinators they can bring along with them, but aside from Doug Pederson, I'm leaning more towards some of the defensive coaches they're interviewing. Eberflus, Bowles, and Flores all interest me, not in any specific order.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Coaching wishlist

Harbaugh- very good NFL track record and should have a ton of connections to build a good staff (Vic reunion?). The guy is a weirdo but I can get past that

Flores- Very risky but I would be ok with that, guy gets the most out of his roster and wins. If he likes Fields that should really help because hopefully we won't see the Tua type drama. If he has a good plan for OC and the offense he's probably my top candidate next to Harbaugh.

Daboll- My favorite candidate who hasn't been a head coach yet. Guy has coached a multitude of positions (including QB) and has a ton of experience as a playcaller. Hes also worked with both Belichek and Saban and hopefully some of that greatness rubbed off on him. The main thing though is that he has been apart of the process of turning a young talented QB into a stud ( Allen) which is exactly what we need for Fields.
    I think hes a weirdo in the best kind of way for a football coach. You know whos a weirdo? Bill Belichick. Pete Carrol is a little off too. You have to be a little off to have sustained success in this league. That little bit off comes from being addicted to winning.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Coaching wishlist

I be fine with any of these but for whatever reason I don't think Harbaugh gas been mentioned in anything real

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I think hes a weirdo in the best kind of way for a football coach. You know whos a weirdo? Bill Belichick. Pete Carrol is a little off too. You have to be a little off to have sustained success in this league. That little bit off comes from being addicted to winning.
    Well said.

And honestly, most of the weird vibes I got from him were from recruiting stories, which is a different animal he wouldn't even be dealing with anymore.
    Last edited by Cubs420; 01-14-2022 at 06:44 PM.

Well said.

And honestly most of the weird vibes I got from him were from recruiting stories which is a different animal he wouldn't even be dealing with anymore.
    The story of him wrestling a DL recruit on an in-home visit a few years ago is hilarious. The thought of him just wrestling in the middle of some familys living room is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do wonder if they have even spoken to Harbaugh. He apparently doesn't even have an agent, so it would be easy for him and the Bears to keep it quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I do wonder if they have even spoken to Harbaugh. He apparently doesn't even have an agent, so it would be easy for him and the Bears to keep it quiet.
    Apparently hes hiring assistants at MI. Id put the odds of him leaving there on par with a successful Nagy jet sweep on 3rd & 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Apparently hes hiring assistants at MI. Id put the odds of him leaving there on par with a successful Nagy jet sweep on 3rd & 1.

Lol yep he hired a big name assistant from Notre Dame it would be a bad look for him to leave. I think the NFL stuff was just for leverage for a better Michigan contract. I honestly think the Dolphins owner knew that and that's why he said he wasn't interested. If Harbaugh was going to leave Michigan anyway why wouldn't they go after him. I think he stays right where he's at.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

Nagy, what a ****ing joker

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

I keep seeing Flores and Fraziers (yuck) names floating around as the early favorites. My issue is if we hire a defensive coach, who can we even hire as the OC to be able to develop Fields and fix the offense? We probably wont be able to pry a well-established OC from another team, so will probably end up with some hyped QB coach or whatever who can very well be a dud. This is the main reason Im for Daboll. We already have a well established defense and a DC whos getting the most out of it (just need to improve the secondary).

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Im just surprised we are not interviewing more offensive guys. Daboll Leftwich and Hacket are really the only 3? Suppose Pederson too but he almost feels like an after thought.

No Mcdaniels (though again i dont want him) no Moore? No Harbaugh to my knowledge.

Im honestly surprised Joe Brady isnt getting interviews either. And I would love him as an OC if he would take it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast