Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 384 1231151101 ... LastLast

Official 2022 Off Season Thread (FA, Draft, FO)

Put it all here. Sorry Blams but I am throwing some serious BS koolaid at the wall with this off season. Here we go and laugh away!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My simple mock off season (Adding & subtracting major pieces).
    President of football Ops:
    1.Move Ted Philips to CFO role & have him rebuild the brand and the roadmap for the move to AH & new stadium.
    2.Hire Eric DeCosta as new President of football OPS (Direct report to GM). He has been successful as the Raven's GM for 3 seasons now. He might bite now if Teddy is out of the way.
    GM: Hire Saints assistant GM Jim Ireland. He has a very good scouting track record and with Decosta can transform the offense into SB using the current Baltimore system model.
    HC: Hire Brian Daboll with an emphasis on hiring a competent OC & QB coach.
    OlineC: Poach Jeff Stoutland away from the Eagles. He has been a master teacher this year and has many years of experience in multiple schemes.
    DC: Move on from Desai and rehire Fangio. I have a feeling he leaves Denver after this season.
    ** Note Champ Bailey gets hired as a GM and we are awarded 2 supplemental 3rd round picks **

Off Season (35 players signed, 41M CAP space):

Cuts/Trades:
    1.Trade Nick Foles to the NO Saints for a 4th round pick (Currently 112). Save 8M.
    2.Trade Robert Quinn to the Eagles pre 6/1 for a 2022 2nd (Currently projected to be pick 54 in this year΄s draft) and a 2023 5th that can convert to a 4th depending on performance. Save 4.5M.
    3.Cut Graham post 6/1. Nothing to say. Save 4M.
    4.Cut Trevathan post 6/1. Not much left in the tank. Save 3.5M.
    5.Cut Cohen post 6/1. We have plenty of RB depth. Save 4M.
    6.Cut Goldman post 6/1. He has not played well and does not warrant his largest CAP hit. Save 8.9M.

Total 29 players (73.9M CAP space – Rookie pool should be 5M.) 73.9M – 5M = 68.9M

Own Free Agents to resign:
    Starters
    1.Resign James Daniels to 4/40M with 20M guaranteed & a 12M signing bonus. He gets good money upfront and is not pricey compared with other RG΄s. 2022 4.5M CAP hit.
    2.Resign Bilal Nichols to 4/30M with 14.5M guaranteed & a 10M signing bonus. He is not worth Hicks’s money yet so this is a good compromise. 2022 5M CAP hit.
    Depth
    1.Resign Sam Mustipher to a 2/3.9M with 2.9M guaranteed & a 2M signing bonus. 2022 1.9M CAP hit. Option to look at RFA tag.
    2.Resign Alex Bars to a 2/3M with 1.5M guaranteed & a 1M signing bonus. 2022 1.5M CAP hit.
    3.Resign Alec Ogletree to a vet minimum 1.1M guaranteed. 2022 1.1M CAP hit.
    4.Resign Damiere Byrd to a vet minimum 1M guaranteed. 2022 1M CAP hit.
    5.Resign Artie Burns to a vet minimum 1M with 500K guaranteed. 2022 500K CAP
    hit.
    Resign Thomas Graham to ERFA 1M. 2022 1M CAP hit.
    6.Resign Bush, Horstead, & DHC to vet minimum 1M guaranteed. 2022 3M CAP hit.
    7.Resign Patrick Scales as the LS to vet minimum 1M. 2022 1M CAP hit.

Total 39 players 68.9M – 22.5 = 46.4M

1.Sign WR Chris Godwin to a 4/72M with 38M guaranteed & a 20M signing bonus. Godwin can be a true 1A or 1B receiver and has great route running. He will be a big jump ball & redzone target plus one more weapon for Fields. He has had minor hamstring injury concerns but has been consistent in TB. 2022 7M CAP hit.
    2.Sign CB P.J. Williams to a 4/64M with 30M guaranteed & an 18M signing bonus. Williams is good as a press or zone CB and could be a sneaky good under the radar
    Signing. He has good size, decent speed and has underrated pass defended and int numbers. 2022 6.5M CAP hit.
    3.Sign TE Tyler Conklin to a 3/24M with 16M guaranteed & a 9M signing bonus. He has had a breakout year and is good at blocking and a decent pass catcher. He will be great in the 2 TE sets if we deploy them under Daboll. 2022 5M CAP hit.
    4.Sign DT BJ Hill to a 3/27M with 15M guaranteed. He is young at 26 and is a future mini Hicks type DT. He stuffs the run, has good gap awareness, and excels at TFL's. 2022 5M CAP hit.
    5.Sign ILB De'Vondre Campbell to a 3/24M with 15M guaranteed. Campbell brings good zone coverage skills against the pass, is a tackling machine against the run and has great size to compliment Roquan as 1-2 punch. 2022 5M CAP hit.
    6.Sign SS Jordan Whitehead to a 2/10M with 6M guaranteed. He is a pure in the box run defender who grades out positively. His coverage is spotty on mid & long-range coverage but hopefully he stays in the box on 75% of his snaps. 2022 3M CAP hit.
    7.Sign C Ted Karras to a 3/17.5M contract with 10M guaranteed. Karras is a versatile IOL with 2.5 seasons as a center. He will be enough of a bridge to hold down the spot while our 3rd round pick gets seasoning over the next 2 seasons. 2022 4M CAP hit.
    8.Sign LT Julien Davenport to a 1.5M prove it deal. 2022 1M CAP hit.
    9.Sign WR Tre΄quan Smith to a 1/2M prove it deal. 2022 2M CAP hit.

Total 46 players 46.4M - 38.5M = 7.9M (Plenty of CAP for additional depth moves)

2022 DRAFT
    1.With pick 38 we select Edge Jermaine Johnson (6.4/265 Lbs) from Florida State. Johnson is a stout pass rusher with good moves on the edge and is really grasping run defense as well. He will be able to take over for Mack in mid or late 2023.
    2.With pick 54 we select WR David Bell (6.2/205 Lbs) from Purdue. Bell is a protypical X receiver and may have develop into a good ARob comp. He is an excellent route runner, gains separation, and is decent in the YAC. He is still having to develop blocking and scheme techniques, but he will be a great weapon for JF.
    3.With pick 73 we select C/IOL Jamaree Salyer (6.5/315 Lbs) from Georgia. Salyer is a versatile guard who is adept in zone scheme blocking and can uproot opposing DT΄s easily. He has the frame to move to center and become a Swiss IOL Army knife.
    4.With our supplemental 3rd round pick we draft ILB Jack Sanborn (6.2/240 Lobs) from Wisconsin. Sanborn reminds me of Kwia in that he is good at the 2nd level and sniffs out runners and stops them before they break out of the 3-4 yards gained territory. He is not the most athletic and will have to build up his speed to cover TE curls and mid field routes from RB΄s.
    5.With pick 146 we take TE Jahleel Billingley (&.4/235 Lbs) from Aabama. He is quite a project but has moderate speed, is learning the route tree, and can block on simple assignments.
    6.With pick 148 we pick QB Tanner McKee (6.5/228 Lbs) from Stanford. This draft class is not flush with QB talent so I think McKee drops to day 3 and we can pluck him in the 5th round. I like his size, arm strength, and pocket presence. He can really develop into a good backup.
    7.With pick 188 we select OT Tyler Vrabel (6.5/315 Lbs) from Boston College. He is a project and can give us depth as a swing tackle in 2023. He has worked primarily on the right side but has taken snaps as a LT.
    8.As a UDFA we sin Michael Turk to be our punter.

Roster:

OFFENSE:
    QB1 – Justin Fields, QB2 – Andy Dalton, QB3 – Tanner McKee
    RB1 – David Montgomery, RB2 – Khalil Herbert, RB3 – Damien Williams
    WR1A – Chris Godwin, WR1B – Tre΄quan Smith
    WR2A – Darnell Mooney, WR2B - Damiere Byrd
    WR3A - David Bell, UDFA
    TE1 – Cole Kmet, TE2 – Tyler Conklin, TE3 – Jesper Horstead, TE4 - Jahleel Billingley
    RT1 – Larry Borom, RT2 – Germain Ifedi, RT3 - Tyler Vrabel
    RG1 – James Daniels, RG2 – Alex Bars
    C1 – Ted Karras, C2 – Sam Mustipher, C3 - Jamaree Salyer
    LG1 – Cody Whitehair, LG2 - Jamaree Salyer
    LT1 – Teven Jenkins, LT2 - Julien Davenport, LT3 - Tyler Vrabel

Defense:
    DT1A – BJ Hill, DT1B – UDFA
    NT1 – Khyiris Tonga, NT2 – Angelo Blackson
    DT2A – Bilal Nichols, DT2B – Mario Edwards
    OLB/Edge1A – Khalil Mack, OLB/Edge1B – Jeremiah Attaochu
    OLB/Edge2A – Trevis Gipson, OLB/Edge2B – Jermaine Johnson
    ILB1A – Roquan Smith, ILB1B - Alec Ogletree
    ILB2A - De'Vondre Campbell, ILB2B - Jack Sanborn
    CB1A – PJ Williams, CB1B – Thomas Graham, CB1C – Kindle Vildor
    CB2A – Jaylon Johnson, CB2B – Artie Burns, CB2C Kindle Vildor
    SS1 – Jordan Whitehead, SS2 – DHC
    FS1 – Eddie Jackson. FS2 – Deon Bush

Special Teams
    Kicker – Cairo Santos
    Punter – Michael Turk
    LS – Patrick Scales
    ST – Bush, DHC, Horstead, TBD
    Last edited by chicagofan08; 01-08-2022 at 02:56 PM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Without too much breakdown A) don't think Greham is a Cut. I think his money is left over from back loading and u cant get rid of it either
    B) don't think Bell last to the 3rd. Or late 2nd i suppose.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Without too much breakdown A) don't think Greham is a Cut. I think his money is left over from back loading and u cant get rid of it either
    B) don't think Bell last to the 3rd. Or late 2nd i suppose.

You're correct about Graham. He's a free agent, and the money showing up next year is dead, just deferred like Dalton and Ifedi.

Anyone think it's a good year to dangle Montgomery? Not sure what his value is, but it's his contract year and I'd rather not pay him anyway. He's a quality back but not someone I wanna break the bank on, plus we have an in-house replacement already with Herbert.

If we can get a 4th I'd do it.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Anyone think it's a good year to dangle Montgomery? Not sure what his value is, but it's his contract year and I'd rather not pay him anyway. He's a quality back but not someone I wanna break the bank on, plus we have an in-house replacement already with Herbert.

If we can get a 4th I'd do it.
    I don't think RBs get traded for much so no. I would rather hold onto him and let him go in FA for a comp pick. Although i honestly would not be surprised to see us pay him which is never smart IMO

-Rem Koolhaas

I don't think RBs get traded for much so no. I would rather hold onto him and let him go in FA for a comp pick. Although i honestly would not be surprised to see us pay him which is never smart IMO

I'm not sure we could get a 4th either, but I'd give it a try personally. Idk I've never been the biggest Monty guy anyway. I always forget the comp pick, I agree hopefully that's the way we go.

Anyone familiar with Josh Gattis? Listed as an OC Prospect on one of the sites i visited. Currently Michigan OC. Would he be a candidate for Jim Harbaugh as OC? Is he worth it?

I think its worth noting because Jim had Roman with him at stanford b4 making him OC. If Jim is a real option this may be his coordinator choice.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-16-picks/amp/

Stuff i was able to find... He has a really good track record with WRs

Helped Turn Jordan White into the top WR in the country in 2011

Jordan Mathews in 2012-13 went for 1323 (8th) and 1477 (4th)

Chris Godwin at Penn state

2018 Alabama was full of great WRs.... Hard to actually know if he was responsible or not.

And While im not sure Michigan had any Gr8 WRs Ronnie Bell has also been hurt the last two years?
    Last edited by Kyben36; 01-09-2022 at 12:53 AM.

-Rem Koolhaas

Anyone familiar with Josh Gattis? Listed as an OC Prospect on one of the sites i visited. Currently Michigan OC. Would he be a candidate for Jim Harbaugh as OC? Is he worth it?
    I was not impressed with him when he was at Bama and neither was Saban as he basically allowed Gattis to go to Michigan without so much as a argument. Saban reaction to Gattis going to Michigan is very similar to that famous Power Boothe, "Well, Bye" meme.
    Screw sabermetics.

Harbaugh/Vic reunion in Chi Town? [emoji848]

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...295973891?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the bears are promoting pace (without roster control) , or firing pace, I 100 percent believe the bears will be the most coveted spot just ahead if Jacksonville.

Vegas number 3.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    If the bears are promoting pace (without roster control) , or firing pace, I 100 percent believe the bears will be the most coveted spot just ahead if Jacksonville.

Vegas number 3.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    The one thing i think might be in our favor. Pace IMO is not as bad Baalle in Jax or Mayock in Vegas. Plus if Pace is Moved it would open up a new GM spot

-Rem Koolhaas

Official 2022 Off Season Thread (FA, Draft, FO)

Nm

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I was not impressed with him when he was at Bama and neither was Saban as he basically allowed Gattis to go to Michigan without so much as a argument. Saban reaction to Gattis going to Michigan is very similar to that famous Power Boothe, "Well, Bye" meme.
    Gattis was passed over at PSU as well. I dont think hes a terrible OC but he should be far from your first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Harbaugh/Vic reunion in Chi Town? [emoji848]

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...295973891?s=21

Dream scenario here if you can add a legit oc.