Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

James Webb Space Telescope

Finally launched on Christmas Day 2021 after many delays and some re-planning. It will allegedly do more things than Hubble did, but Hubble is still operational. I'm looking forward to seeing images from Webb.
    https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/we...ereIsWebb.html

Webb Telescope is in orbit.

Very excited to see the images when they come in. Already sounds like they have some things in particular they want to get a glimpse at.

I think they are going to try to actually take a picture of a black hole.

Another five months before it's fully operational if I read the link right. Very cool.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

This will be awesome. We will be able to see all the way back to Adam and Eve about 6000 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    This will be awesome. We will be able to see all the way back to Adam and Eve about 6000 years ago.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Another five months before it's fully operational if I read the link right. Very cool.
    That sounds right, and I read that we should expect the first images to be blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    That sounds right, and I read that we should expect the first images to be blurry.
    I was hoping I read that the images now are blurry and that they will be clear in five months thanks to adjusting? Whenever, it will be cool to see I think.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I was hoping I read that the images now are blurry and that they will be clear in five months thanks to adjusting? Whenever, it will be cool to see I think.
    Ahh, okay. Lots of adjusting to do, and it's not like you do it hands on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Ahh, okay. Lots of adjusting to do, and it's not like you do it hands on lol.
    True. I just figured with it being automated it could move significantly faster. Obviously they have reasons to do things at less than a snail's pace.

They are now aligning the telescope. Next is final correction and instrument calibration. It should be about 6 weeks until it is fully operational. I'm looking forward to seeing the images that come back from it.

I am absolutely looking forward to this. I dont know about all ya all but nothing gives me a better sense of calm than looking at light that emanated from the source 13 billion years before Adam ever thought of screwing Eve in the fictitious Garden of Eden. In other words...The universe was here long before us and will be here long after we are gone and that my friends gives me peace and comfort....

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I am absolutely looking forward to this. I dont know about all ya all but nothing gives me a better sense of calm than looking at light that emanated from the source 13 billion years before Adam ever thought of screwing Eve in the fictitious Garden of Eden. In other words...The universe was here long before us and will be here long after we are gone and that my friends gives me peace and comfort....
    Let's keep your religion out of this thread. Thanks.

They are into the final correction phase now. It is going to be a matter of weeks until the final product will be available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast