Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    No, the donor class is doing very well during the pandemic and economical downturn, so Biden has been a very capable president for them. He told them nothing will change. Manchin and Sinema are turning into donor's darlings as well. Mitch even ask his donors to contribute to them. I keep telling people these Presidents and Congresses don't work for you. Why do think these guys leave the "Office" and get very lucrative speaking tours and book deals making millions? Talking and writing for rich donors.
    Again, Wes, you might be overstating the case, but I agree that your essential point is valid.

Whether Republicans or Democrats are in power, the top 10% do just fine, thank you. The significant difference between the two partyís establishments is certainly not one that centers on economic issues. It might be on social issues, but even then, I donít see a huge disparity.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Again, Wes, you might be overstating the case, but I agree that your essential point is valid.

Whether Republicans or Democrats are in power, the top 10% do just fine, thank you. The significant difference between the two partyís establishments is certainly not one that centers on economic issues. It might be on social issues, but even then, I donít see a huge disparity.
    Dude, I am a lifelong leftist that is what we do. They play on social issues to get elected, then they do the work of the donors once elected, even if it means being a gatekeeper for thorny campaign issues that might affect them. Joe Manchin.

I can live with the top 10% getting their goodies from these politicians but not at the expense of the rest of the country. This mindset, of catering to the donors first, is interfering with dealing with problems like climate change or making in-course changes we need to do.

Excuse any overstatements, but I am too pissed about how things are going to be fair and balanced.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-25-2022 at 07:54 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

This week I heard they drop the investigation into the Flint water case. So I am not feeling charitable towards the power that be.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021