Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Difference between Democrats and republicans is that democrats will criticize other democrats, republicans will do mental gymnastics to justify **** they donít even believe in.

Case and point? I donít like AOC, Pelosi, Obama, Biden, Buttigieg, Warren, etc.

Iíll never see them criticize McConnell or Trump or whoever else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you are talking about me, you really don't pay attention much (not unusual around here). I've criticized Trump quite a bit. McConnellÖnot much to criticize there. He's a dull guy that you may not like how he runs his partyÖÖa lot like Schumer. I did say several times (short memories here) that he should have given BO's SC selection a hearing and a vote. In retrospect on seeing what Garland is like, it kind of worked out for the country.

But the real difference (for me at least) between the parties is that the Repubs manage for the country and the people within it. If the country thrives, the people come along for the ride. The Dems manage for the people and the country be damned. The Dems are far more vulgar (hello squad) and seem to govern with policies that go against common sense (bad term to use around here but so be it) e.g. all the progressive DAs with no bail and lack of prosecution, the southern border, no voter ID, legalizing drugs, who goes to what toilet issues etc. All issues that, if the were put on a national ballot that wopuld be soundly defeated but the Dems openly support this crap. In short, one party treats us like aduklts, the other like children that need to be led.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea it is funny to see people who truly believe this. And many of them are those most hurt by his policies. I know a half dozen people who hate his guts but believe that his policies make them better off. They donít care what he says just so long as there are lower taxes and less regulation.
    Well, there is that.

Or Prez Crackers that is a nice lovable guy that keeps me working in my mid 70s. I guess if he can do it, I can do it. Can Prez Crackers point to any success Ö other than having Cheeseburger Abrams avoid him. I salute him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You did a pretty good job of saying it actually.

Hilly believes in Hilly and is totally obsessed with becoming Prez and will do or say anything (and I do mean anything) to attain that goal. She positively believes that she knows more than anyone else about pretty much anything. She thinks that she "deserves" the Office of the Prez because of who she is.
    Fixed it back.

And by the wayÖÖDoes Trump have any southern dialects or black dialects that he can pull out at the drop of a hat according to who he is speaking to. Hilly has this mastered.

Sluggo's back! I guess we were a bit overdue for one of his patented out of touch rants, insulting references to powerful minority women, and general obsession with Michelle Obama and her supposed path to the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Fixed it back.

And by the wayÖÖDoes Trump have any southern dialects or black dialects that he can pull out at the drop of a hat according to who he is speaking to. Hilly has this mastered.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hbMA8wNN8

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    A showman until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I mean, Donald Trump is actually the leading candidate for the republican party and he lost to a guy nicknamed Sleepy Joe by 8+ million votes. How embarrassing

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    you know this doesn't support you, right?

Joe Biden has been in politics how long? Donald Trump was not a politician, he was a reality TV star, the left said as much. pretty pathetic for Hillary Clinton to lose to Trump.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    How do you fall for this ****?

"Pollster Doug Schoen" is a guy that went from Fox News to Newsmax, and "former New York City Council president Andrew Stein" is such a staunch Democrat that he sought the endorsements of both the Republican and Conservative parties in 1993 when he wanted to run for mayor.

No one serious is actually calling Hillary Clinton an option.

But you sure as hell slurped it right up, didn't you?
    your ignorance for media continues.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...s-joe-bidens-/
    Two Democratic insiders ó pollster Douglas E. Schoen and former Manhattan Borough President Andrew Stein ó laid out the case in a Wednesday op-ed, arguing that Mrs. Clinton could spearhead a move to the middle and calling her the partyís ďlikely best optionĒ in the 2024 presidential race.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.4fab0fb4e783
    Douglas Schoen was a pollster and senior political adviser to President Bill Clinton from 1994 to 2000.
    Doug Schoen
    @DouglasESchoen
    Pollster. Consultant. Strategist. Advisor to Pres. Clinton and NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg. Author. Democrat committed to restoring bipartisanship.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    The Washington Times? Your deep throated embrace of right-wing media never ceases to amaze.

Joe Biden has been in politics how long? Donald Trump was not a politician, he was a reality TV star, the left said as much. pretty pathetic for Hillary Clinton to lose to Trump.
    Pretty pathetic for everyone in the Republican field to lose to him before that, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    If you are talking about me, you really don't pay attention much (not unusual around here). I've criticized Trump quite a bit. McConnellÖnot much to criticize there. He's a dull guy that you may not like how he runs his partyÖÖa lot like Schumer. I did say several times (short memories here) that he should have given BO's SC selection a hearing and a vote. In retrospect on seeing what Garland is like, it kind of worked out for the country.

But the real difference (for me at least) between the parties is that the Repubs manage for the country and the people within it. If the country thrives, the people come along for the ride. The Dems manage for the people and the country be damned. The Dems are far more vulgar (hello squad) and seem to govern with policies that go against common sense (bad term to use around here but so be it) e.g. all the progressive DAs with no bail and lack of prosecution, the southern border, no voter ID, legalizing drugs, who goes to what toilet issues etc. All issues that, if the were put on a national ballot that wopuld be soundly defeated but the Dems openly support this crap. In short, one party treats us like aduklts, the other like children that need to be led.
    Wasnít referring to you.

Didnít even realize you were back, tbh.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

I agree she ran a terrible campaign and didn't go to a bunch of swing states. It's almost as bad as losing by the biggest margin ever to a guy named Sleepy Joe who will be 82 when his first term is up. Also being the first one term president in nearly three decades because you lost to Sleepy Joe is a feat unto itself. Trump should be totally embarassed

Last edited by Kenny Powders; 01-14-2022 at 06:19 PM.

Douglas Schoen is a shill for the Clinton's

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Iíd like to start this thread now, especially to look back at in the future.

Itís no secret that Biden has done an absolutely piss poor job and has less of a plan for COVID than Trump did. Kind of funny how the most unhinged republican president in history gave the country stimulus checks, locked down, and issued unemploymentÖwhile Biden has essentially told everyone to go **** themselves.

So my question to yíall is, how do you feel about the job Biden has done as president so far? (I understand thereís a Joe Biden presidency thread but I also want to delve into the future here)

If you think heís done a good or bad job, explain why and if you say heís done a bad job, do you think heíll get primaried against by a progressive? If so, who? Also, whoís your pick/prediction for the Republican nominee?

I think thereís a decent shot that Buttigieg gets groomed by the Democratic Party. Dude has no convictions and nobody knows what he stands for - making him a perfect person to be molded by the Republican side of the Democratic Party. Him being gay, a veteran, young and a mayor of a town in the middle of nowhere will have Democrats licking their lips for the opportunity to exploit identity politics. Democratic policies are just drone strikes and corporate politics wrapped up in a rainbow flag, after all. I would like to see Pramila Jayapal run but no chance does this country elect a woman president, especially a woman of color.

I think thereís 0 chance that Biden wins a general election and that heíll only win a primary if super delegates and outside money get involved. If itís Biden vs Trump in 2024, Iím not even gonna vote lol.

Iím close to losing all of my faith in the political system - and Iíve voted in every single election since I turned 18. Can we have a candidate who isnít geriatric?

It's very evident that Joe Biden has been to this point a terrible failure as President, and it's all because of what he's not doing. He sat back and watched as Build Back Better was constantly haggled over and stripped down by two Senators before getting rejected entirely. He never took a stand and he just told everyone "We'll pass something" and basically we'll get what we get. He never once stood up and fought for it or tried to pressure Manchin/Sinema into voting for it. They said they were against something in the bill and that was the end of the discussion, it was cut out. Who cares if it was a campaign promise or something he ran on.

COVID being a thing isn't really his fault, nor was it Trump's, but once again it's what he's not doing. He never authorized the defense production act to make vaccines, tests, masks, anything. I don't think he's doing anything to increase hospital capacity (something even Trump was doing in 2020). He's just hands off in everything he does.

Looking ahead to the future, the Democrats are going to get rolled in the midterms. Republicans are going to take both the House and Senate, and before anyone gets too excited about that prospect, things are going to get worse than they are now. A GOP Congress will turn government on it's head and literally nothing will get done. We are going to spend the next two years listening to random investigations into things that the republicans are "outraged" about like Afghanistan. Biden will get randomly impeached by the GOP House, but not convicted in the Senate. COVID will get worse and more and more people will die. I think Biden's approval is going to stay in the low 40's/high 30's range. His inaction is just obvious and people see it. Lastly, every single thing is going to get turned into an issue for 2024.

I've said before I don't think Trump will run in 2024, and I stand by that. I think Trump would like to run because he misses the power and authority he had as President, but I just have a feeling he isn't going to do it because it's easier to try to run the party from the sidelines. Also because I think a growing section of the GOP brass want to move on from him. I also think Biden would STILL have a good chance of beating Trump in a general election because people remember Trump too. January 6th was a big deal, no matter what the right says. Assuming Trump doesn't run, I think Ron DeSantis or Tucker Carlson will be the GOP nominee in 2024.

As for Biden, I do think he'll run and he will absolutely get a primary challenger from the left in 2024. I think Nina Turner and Marianne Williamson are two people who may challenge Biden in the primary. Biden will win a primary rather easily, but I could see 25-35% of the democratic electorate supporting his challenger(s). Having that much of the electorate go against him will probably force him to make more "concessions" to the left but it will probably just be lip service.

In the Presidential election, I think Biden will lose. I think voter turnout is going to be really low in 2024 because Biden has turned his back on his base. I don't believe as many people will vote on the GOP side either, but turnout will be low enough for them to win. A Republican Congress and Republican President are only going to make things worse, more for corporations and less for actual people. But the reality is Democrats do the same thing.

Basically, the Government isn't going to do a damn thing to improve anyone's lives in the short or mid term. It's going to be survival of the fittest and a lot of people are going to be worse off. COVID will get worse, inequality will get worse, climate change will get worse, but we're going to keep marching along with the military industrial complex, deregulation, and corporate welfare. I also except the GOP to eventually replace Breyer on the Supreme Court, giving them a 7-2 split.

We're ****ed until at least 2028, hopefully after all the damage both of these parties are going to cause between now and then we'll get enough people to support a candidate who actually wants to government to operate coherently. Not going to hold my breath.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 01-14-2022 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    It's very evident that Joe Biden has been to this point a terrible failure as President, and it's all because of what he's not doing. He sat back and watched as Build Back Better was constantly haggled over and stripped down by two Senators before getting rejected entirely. He never took a stand and he just told everyone "We'll pass something" and basically we'll get what we get. He never once stood up and fought for it or tried to pressure Manchin/Sinema into voting for it. They said they were against something in the bill and that was the end of the discussion, it was cut out. Who cares if it was a campaign promise or something he ran on.

COVID being a thing isn't really his fault, nor was it Trump's, but once again it's what he's not doing. He never authorized the defense production act to make vaccines, tests, masks, anything. I don't think he's doing anything to increase hospital capacity (something even Trump was doing in 2020). He's just hands off in everything he does.

Looking ahead to the future, the Democrats are going to get rolled in the midterms. Republicans are going to take both the House and Senate, and before anyone gets too excited about that prospect, things are going to get worse than they are now. A GOP Congress will turn government on it's head and literally nothing will get done. We are going to spend the next two years listening to random investigations into things that the republicans are "outraged" about like Afghanistan. Biden will get a random impeached by the GOP House, but not convicted in the Senate. COVID will get worse and more and more people will die. I think Biden's approval is going to stay in the low 40's/high 30's range. His inaction is just obvious and people see it.
    Lastly, every single thing is going to get turned into an issue for 2024.

I've said before I don't think Trump will run in 2024, and I stand by that. I think Trump would like to run because he misses the power and authority he had as President, but I just have a feeling he isn't going to do it because it's easier to try to run the party from the sidelines. Also because I think a growing section of the GOP brass want to move on from him. I also think Biden would STILL have a good chance of beating Trump in a general election because people remember Trump too. January 6th was a big deal, no matter what the right says. Assuming Trump doesn't run, I think Ron DeSantis or Tucker Carlson will be the GOP nominee in 2024.

As for Biden, I do think he'll run and he will absolutely get a primary challenger from the left in 2024. I think Nina Turner and Marianne Williamson are two people who may challenge Biden in the primary. Biden will win a primary rather easily, but I could see 25-35% of the democratic electorate supporting his challenger(s). Having that much of the electorate go against him will probably force him to make more "concessions" to the left but it will probably just be lip service.

In the Presidential election, I think Biden will lose. I think voter turnout is going to be really low in 2024 because Biden has turned his back on his base. I don't as many people will vote on the GOP side either, but turnout will be low enough for them to win. A Republican Congress and Republican President are only going to make things worse, more for corporations and less for actual people. But the reality is Democrats do the same thing.

Basically, the Government isn't going to do a damn thing to improve anyone's lives in the short or mid term. It's going to be survival of the fittest and a lot of people are going to be worse off. COVID will get worse, inequality will get worse, climate change will get worse, but we're going to keep marching along with the military industrial complex, deregulation, and corporate welfare. I also except the GOP to eventually replace Breyer on the Supreme Court, giving them a 7-2 split.

We're ****ed until at least 2028, hopefully after all the damage both of these parties are going to cause between now and then we'll get enough people to support a candidate who actually wants to government to operate coherently. We'll see.
    I don't want to touch on future predictions past two years. I don't think the left will have a creditable chance to primary Biden. Bernie was their best shot and that was due to his radical stance over decades. Nina and Marianne for different reasons would get vaporized by the DNC's political machine. The public really hasn't noticed them outside hit pieces from both parties.

If Biden gets primary, he really has to be stinking up the house for that to happen, it will come from the moderates. After two years of trying to get progressive policies pass, the DNC will give up and swing right to try to eat into the Republican base and independent. There is blame being assigned to the progressives already in various democratic circles.

If the Republicans win this mid-term. Holding the SC, Congress, various states where officials have the last say on their state voting totals, the democrats will lose 2024, all the republicans have to do is consolidate their position and let the controlling party take all the heat for inflation, economy, and crime problems. I bet once in power they will push austerity policies and privatizations of more federal services. Prisons, and school for instants. They will be back in small government mode. Strident repressive criminal policies to fight crime with total disregard of how it affects the communities involved. It will be the Police union market with extra aid.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-14-2022 at 07:58 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast