Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft 2022

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I read a couple of things about the team being a bit ticked that he wasn't able to make it back this season. Maybe I assumed that had to do with the weight/conditioning issues that had people concerned going into the draft, but it could have been something else.
    Maybe they felt Becton was milking it?
    Maybe Becton didn’t want to come back and risk injury to play for a 4 win year

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I think Neal is probably the fav to be selected if Thibodeaux and Hutchinson are gone and he's still on the board.

Btw, Becton's weight was not an issue this year, he was in amazing shape heading into training camp.

Keep your eye on the names Ikem Ekwonu and Charles Cross, particularly Ekwonu.
    He may unseat Neal as the top OT with a great combine showing.

Neal is not really considered a great LT prospect, he is considered a great OL prospect that may be a great LT. I bring this up because Becton may have to move to RT sooner than later.
    Ekwonu is a really, really good LT.
    Food for thought.
    Saw a mock where Cross went 1st overall… this is a weird draft with no real top-line QB or really anyone else that stands out (other than maybe thibs). Wouldn’t mind a trade-back ir even 2!

On the other hand, we need to address pss rush EVENTUALLY

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I read a couple of things about the team being a bit ticked that he wasn't able to make it back this season. Maybe I assumed that had to do with the weight/conditioning issues that had people concerned going into the draft, but it could have been something else.
    There's been some things written, regarding him giving up on plays in games and practice. I hope it's fixable. I think that feeds into why he didn't return. This is purely me guessing but I wonder if he didn't work hard to get back because it wasn't a season where they were going anywhere.

If any of that stuff is true. They need to sort it out because, If he gets his head on right, he will be a beast.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Maybe they felt Becton was milking it?
    Maybe Becton didn’t want to come back and risk injury to play for a 4 win year
    Either of those scenarios is very troubling if true. Both speak to his desire (or lack thereof) to play, get better and ultimately be great.
    Your Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    There's been some things written, regarding him giving up on plays in games and practice. I hope it's fixable. I think that feeds into why he didn't return. This is purely me guessing but I wonder if he didn't work hard to get back because it wasn't a season where they were going anywhere.

If any of that stuff is true. They need to sort it out because, If he gets his head on right, he will be a beast.
    Agreed. I want the kid to be a beast and our left tackle for the next 10 to 15 years. Hopefully he gets healthy, stays motivated and grows with the rest of the young guys. He just needs to understand that this coaching staff doesn't seem to have tolerance for guys who don't give it their all (i.e Mims).
    Your Worst Nightmare

How’s this for a draft day trade

Lions trade #2 and Goff
    Jets trade #4 and #131

We take on Goff’s horrendous salary and get to move up for the pass rusher

How’s this for a draft day trade

Lions trade #2 and Goff
    Jets trade #4 and #131

We take on Goff’s horrendous salary and get to move up for the pass rusher
    I don't want Goff, but I'd trade for his girlfriend.

For the "privilege " of taking on horrendous contact..Jets better KEEP #4....#131 is best i offer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No way do I want anything to do with Goff..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    No way do I want anything to do with Goff..
    At first I thought no ****ing way but looking at his contract, he has an opt out. He also has nothing guaranteed for 23 and 24. He making 10 mil this year and if I am reading correctly, if they cut him in 23, it would be a 10 mil cap hit and that's it.
    To me that means, if he knew he was going to be a backup and wanted one more long term deal, he'd have to opt out.
    Bottom line is I think the worst the Jets would be on the hook for would be this year and then 10 mil next year.

Is that 10 mil worth the best pass rusher in the draft?
    I am still way more inclined to say, not but it's a thought.

What if they took the 10th pick and 131?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    At first I thought no ****ing way but looking at his contract, he has an opt out. He also has nothing guaranteed for 23 and 24. He making 10 mil this year and if I am reading correctly, if they cut him in 23, it would be a 10 mil cap hit and that's it.
    To me that means, if he knew he was going to be a backup and wanted one more long term deal, he'd have to opt out.
    Bottom line is I think the worst the Jets would be on the hook for would be this year and then 10 mil next year.

Is that 10 mil worth the best pass rusher in the draft?
    I am still way more inclined to say, not but it's a thought.

What if they took the 10th pick and 131?
    I would think Detroit wants their choice of QB. Not sure if that guy is there at 10…definitely there at 4

Steelers may want to move up to 10 for a QB, it would take there 1st, 2nd, 3rd
    Personally I’d rather a 1st, 3rd, and next years 1st

Moving from 10 to 20 I still think leaves plenty of premium talent out there. I would think we have a realistic shot at any of Jameson Williams, Tyler Linderbaum, and don’t call me crazy Stingley Jr.
    Also options like either Georgia DT, Elam, some of the highly rated IOL

Moving from 10 to 20 I still think leaves plenty of premium talent out there. I would think we have a realistic shot at any of Jameson Williams, Tyler Linderbaum, and don’t call me crazy Stingley Jr.
    Was considering this option as well..

@20..they should/coukd get Jeremiah Johnson for edge.. I too would insists on #1 next year as well as you suggest.

Would you trade the #4 to Philadelphia', for picks #15 & #19?

I would probably take this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Would you trade the #4 to Philadelphia', for picks #15 & #19?

I would probably take this trade.
    In this draft...I would too..but don't think they will..they woukd trade those picks for Watson before doing it for #4.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast