Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 640

Thread: Nfl draft 2022

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    11,645

    Nfl draft 2022

    We'll know most positioning on Sunday.

    Otherwise, let's talk who ya' want.....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,944
    Too early

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,944
    I like Jameson Williams as a WR option, looks like an unpolished taller Jaylen Waddle. However, I think he has decently high bust potential. His routes look pretty soft, certainly no Amari Cooper or Jerry Jeudy in the route running department. I think hell need a minimum of 2 years to breakout. Ideally Williams goes in the middle of the first if were able to trade back, however after Waddle went 6 last year, who knows.
    Last edited by Larry M; 01-05-2022 at 05:45 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I like Jameson Williams as a WR option, looks like an unpolished taller Jaylen Waddle. However, I think he has decently high bust potential. His routes look pretty soft, certainly no Amari Cooper or Jerry Jeudy in the route running department. I think hell need a minimum of 2 years to breakout. Ideally Williams goes in the middle of the first if were able to trade back, however after Waddle went 6 last year, who knows.
    He is my #1 target for trade down scenario with Seattle pick. He looks like a great fit for a #1 wr option..

    Other wr option I like in 1st is Treylon Burks..big size/athlete/hands..would consider trading up from 2nd round to back end of first(where projected currently) for him too using capital acquired from Seattle trade down if a different target is chosen..like cb

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    Ideally, I'd like to lock up and Edge and shut down corner with the first two picks, but it all depends on who's available to maximize the pick value. Of course a potential game changing WR would be awesome, as would a stud tight end.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern CAL
    Posts
    5,936
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Ideally, I'd like to lock up and Edge and shut down corner with the first two picks, but it all depends on who's available to maximize the pick value. Of course a potential game changing WR would be awesome, as would a stud tight end.
    I dont think we need a shutdown corner, I think the guys we have now are plenty good... what we need is pressure on the QB. Hopefully we get lawson back at full strength and he plays the whole year, it would help everyone on defense.

    I would like to see WR and Safety, we need a stud WR. Move davis to #2 and moore in the slot thats a great start.


    #Hernandezing


    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    11,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Too early
    18 minutes later....
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I like Jameson Williams as a WR option, looks like an unpolished taller Jaylen Waddle. However, I think he has decently high bust potential. His routes look pretty soft, certainly no Amari Cooper or Jerry Jeudy in the route running department. I think hell need a minimum of 2 years to breakout. Ideally Williams goes in the middle of the first if were able to trade back, however after Waddle went 6 last year, who knows.
    Lol.....It's like his second personality overruled his first one.

    Ok, I like Williams too but he's a different kind of WR.
    Meaning he's more vertical than all around.

    If he become more possession-like, to add to his stretch game, he's gonna be a league problem.

    But coming into the league, he's not as developed as many other Bama WRs were.

    His speed appears to be gamebreaking though and he has good hands.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-05-2022 at 06:25 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    958
    I think CB is definitely a big need. We have a good CB in Bryce Hall but besides that none of these guys have shown me anything to get excited about, theyve been getting picked apart all year.

    I think the best CB in this draft is definitely Sauce Gardner. Hes going to be a beast in the NFL, has had one of the most impressive college careers Ive seen from a CB in a while and he has all the measurables to be a shut down corner on the next level. Having a tandem of him and Hall will completely transform this defense. I really think he can be our next Revis..

    Im really starting to warm up to the idea of going Hamilton and Sauce, giving us the best secondary in the league for many years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    958
    When it comes to WR, the only 1st round guy i would love to have is Drake London, he is the real deal but with his injury Im not sure exactly where his draft stock lies at this time.

    I also like a couple guys in the 2nd round.. David Bell could be a very good pro, has good size and speed, great college production, seems like good character.. Could be another great 2nd round receiver..

    I also like Jalen Tolbert from South Alabama a lot. Has the knock of playing at a smaller school and definitely lacked a ton of talent as his qb but the game tape looks really good and he definitely looks the type of an NFL WR. Needs to improve with drops some but Im not sure how long hes gonna stay under the radar especially if he can show out at the Senior Bowl..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    18 minutes later....


    Lol.....It's like his second personality overruled his first one.

    Ok, I like Williams too but he's a different kind of WR.
    Meaning he's more vertical than all around.

    If he become more possession-like, to add to his stretch game, he's gonna be a league problem.

    But coming into the league, he's not as developed as many other Bama WRs were.

    His speed appears to be gamebreaking though and he has good hands.
    "Stretch field ability" "Gamebreaking speed" and good hands is exactly the skill set this team needs..opens up others on team in Davis and Moore to do what they do best well ..no brainer in trade scenarios coupled another asset acquired to fill another hole..I just want good value for the pick given up and thats an area I dont see JD having a problem being able to accomplish

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    11,645
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMetsGo View Post
    "Stretch field ability" "Gamebreaking speed" and good hands is exactly the skill set this team needs..opens up others on team in Davis and Moore to do what they do best well ..no brainer in trade scenarios coupled another asset acquired to fill another hole..I just want good value for the pick given up and thats an area I dont see JD having a problem being able to accomplish

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Stretch field ability, gamebreaking speed and good hands could mean he's not a WR1 but a good WR2.
    Would you spend a prime 1st round draft pick on Robby Anderson?

    Because those terms apply to him as well.

    Williams needs to show short yardage win ability.
    If he can, he could be something special.

    With Williams, its all going to come down to route running.
    For instance, Metchie is a better route runnner.
    Question is, is Williams capable of more underneath or is he simply a more skilled Robby Andersen.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,944
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    18 minutes later....


    Lol.....It's like his second personality overruled his first one.

    Ok, I like Williams too but he's a different kind of WR.
    Meaning he's more vertical than all around.

    If he become more possession-like, to add to his stretch game, he's gonna be a league problem.

    But coming into the league, he's not as developed as many other Bama WRs were.

    His speed appears to be gamebreaking though and he has good hands.
    Lol, it was a joke because I actually started a Draft Day thread at 12:55 pm on Sunday September 13 2020

    That thread was ultimately deleted, I guess the mods didnt find it funny 5 minutes before kickoff of the new season

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,944
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Stretch field ability, gamebreaking speed and good hands could mean he's not a WR1 but a good WR2.
    Would you spend a prime 1st round draft pick on Robby Anderson?

    Because those terms apply to him as well.

    Williams needs to show short yardage win ability.
    If he can, he could be something special.

    With Williams, its all going to come down to route running.
    For instance, Metchie is a better route runnner.
    Question is, is Williams capable of more underneath or is he simply a more skilled Robby Andersen.
    My concerns as well, thats why I said soft routes and hes no Amari Cooper or Jeudy. Cooper was absurd at Baja running routes.

    I think if Williams stays another year at Baja, hed almost guarantee a top 10 pick.

    Once thing super impressive with Williams, dude accelerates at an elite level and has a pretty good get off move. Im not sure a DB will be able to control him at the line. Robby didnt quite have that.

    He needs two years to develop his game, whether it be 1 more year at Bama or two tough years in the NFL

    On another note, Metchie is interesting if he falls a lot. But Im in search of WR1

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In your Mind
    Posts
    11,645
    Jets picking #4 & #10 in 1st.
    #3 and #6 in 2nd.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,944
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Jets picking #4 & #10 in 1st.
    #3 and #6 in 2nd.
    I see JD going Hamilton #4 (assuming medical clears), signing Marcus Williams to pair a dynamic duo for the next 10 years
    Ojabo at #10 (baby Von Miller). Combine him with Lawson and Quincy should be a reasonably good pass rush
    Kaiir Elam at #35 and weve completed the DB and defensive rebuild
    Trey McBride at #38 gives us a TE that can block AND catch.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •