Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft 2022

I'm just hoping the Lions take a QB and we get one of the top 3 players.

Interesting readup on Stingley:

Click Here

I'm not going to say emphatically the Jets won't draft him, but as I said before; he has too many red flags for my liking at #4
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-21-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Interestimg readup on Stingley:

Click Here

I'm not going to say emphatically the Jets won't draft him, but as I said before; he has too many red flags for my liking at #4
    A recurring foot injury for an athlete is a big issue. I stay clear from him.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If healthy for the combine, I actually expect Stingley to make a good showing.

As good as his freshmen year was, he gave up over 17yds a catch and although he had 6 ints, he also gave up 5 TDs.
    And that was his best year.

I can't at #4.

Click Here

Interesting article.. I have many of the same concerns with Stingley, but when it came to us running so much zone last year I just assumed it was because of lack of talent amongst our corner group. I guess if the philosophy of Douglas and Saleh is to not prioritize corner and focus on pressure up front I can accept it, I just know the best Iíve ever seen this defense was during the Revis and Cromartie years, and what having two guys of that caliber on the outside can do for the defense..

My personal preference was to get Denver on the line and trade back to 9 so they can take Pickett at 4, they have a good amount of draft capital and we could take Sauce at 9..

Iím just not entirely sold on these pass rushers outside of Hutchinson and Thibodeux.. Karlaftis doesnít stand out at all for me. Ojabo only had the one great year and seems more like a 3-4 OLB to me in the NFL. Demarvin Leal doesnít seem to get a ton of pressure.. I do like Jermaine Johnson a lot but heís flying under the radar at the moment, weíll get a good look at him during the Senior Bowl but at this point taking him in the top 10 may be a bit of a reach.

I do like Devin Lloyd a ton, he could generate pressure for sure but it would be coming from the LB spot and I do hope if we take him that we still bring back Quincy as well, I really like the intensity that Quincy plays with..

If healthy for the combine, I actually expect Stingley to make a good showing.

As good as his freshmen year was, he gave up over 17yds a catch and although he had 6 ints, he also gave up 5 TDs.
    And that was his best year.

I can't at #4.
    100% agree about Stingley. May wind up being great, but too much of a risk at #4. I'm guessing if we don't trade down from 4, Neal may be the best bet. Grades out better than Becton, and he and Becton as bookend tackles would be pretty crazy (if chubbs can keep the weight down and play next season!)
    Your Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    Interesting article.. I have many of the same concerns with Stingley, but when it came to us running so much zone last year I just assumed it was because of lack of talent amongst our corner group. I guess if the philosophy of Douglas and Saleh is to not prioritize corner and focus on pressure up front I can accept it, I just know the best Iíve ever seen this defense was during the Revis and Cromartie years, and what having two guys of that caliber on the outside can do for the defense..

My personal preference was to get Denver on the line and trade back to 9 so they can take Pickett at 4, they have a good amount of draft capital and we could take Sauce at 9..

Iím just not entirely sold on these pass rushers outside of Hutchinson and Thibodeux.. Karlaftis doesnít stand out at all for me. Ojabo only had the one great year and seems more like a 3-4 OLB to me in the NFL. Demarvin Leal doesnít seem to get a ton of pressure.. I do like Jermaine Johnson a lot but heís flying under the radar at the moment, weíll get a good look at him during the Senior Bowl but at this point taking him in the top 10 may be a bit of a reach.

I do like Devin Lloyd a ton, he could generate pressure for sure but it would be coming from the LB spot and I do hope if we take him that we still bring back Quincy as well, I really like the intensity that Quincy plays with..
    I agree with alot of what you said, HOWEVER I need to draw your attention to the AFC Championship game against Pittsburgh.
    While it's true the Jets may have well won this game had Sanchez not thrown a pick 6 right before halftime, I want you to remember how the game ended.

The Jets couldn't get to Roethlisberger.
    Late in the 4th qtr, with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line, the Jets could not get to Roethlisberger on key downs, and it was excruciating to watch.

Could you imagine for a second just how much better Revis and Cromartie would have been if the Jets actually had an Edge to force the ball out the QBs hand quicker. My goodness.

Ojabo may be a better off a 3-4 OLB than 4-3 DE as you suggest, but I've seen him bend the edge more than enough times to be comfortable with him as a DE.
    I actually have more questions about Hutchinson than Ojabo, because what does Hutchinson do if his bullrush isn't successful on the NFL level.
    Whereas Ojabo is a speedrusher with several moves to set up his blocker.

Agree on Devin Lloyd, I was hoping he'd slip into the 2nd, but when teams watch tape on him they're going want him too.
    He may go mid-to-late 1st.

And Yes, I don't just want Quincy back, we need Quincy back.
    He is the people's player.
    He really enjoys playing football, and it shows.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-21-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    100% agree about Stingley. May wind up being great, but too much of a risk at #4. I'm guessing if we don't trade down from 4, Neal may be the best bet. Grades out better than Becton, and he and Becton as bookend tackles would be pretty crazy (if chubbs can keep the weight down and play next season!)
    I think Neal is probably the fav to be selected if Thibodeaux and Hutchinson are gone and he's still on the board.

Btw, Becton's weight was not an issue this year, he was in amazing shape heading into training camp.

Keep your eye on the names Ikem Ekwonu and Charles Cross, particularly Ekwonu.
    He may unseat Neal as the top OT with a great combine showing.

Neal is not really considered a great LT prospect, he is considered a great OL prospect that may be a great LT. I bring this up because Becton may have to move to RT sooner than later.
    Ekwonu is a really, really good LT.
    Food for thought.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-21-2022 at 07:57 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I think Neal is probably the fav to be selected if Thibodeaux and Hutchinson are gone and he's still on the board.

Btw, Becton's weight was not an issue this year, he was in amazing shape heading into training camp.

Neal is not really considered a great LT prospect, he is considered a great OL prospect that may be a great LT. I bring this up because Becton may have to move to RT sooner than later.
    Food for thought.
    I mentioned Ekwonu a during the college season. He jumped up the boards. There is talk of the Jags taking him at 1.
    I know it's not sexy but Tyler Linderbaum is nasty. He's just plain mean, at C. I would have no issue with him at 10. Get Zac or the next QB a C that will be there for a decade.
    Truthfully? I would have zero issue with Neal or Ekwonu at 4 and Linderbaum at 10.

If by some magic they can sign Reddick or Landry to bookend with Lawson on the defensive side? Yikes!
    Titans don't have a ton of cap and I am guessing Landry will command more than they want to pay. Panthers may want to spend elsewhere. It's a long shot but if they could pull that off? That changes the draft completely
    Take your 2 OL then go all skill with the rest of the draft.

Ignorance is bliss

Click Here

A lot of that makes sense
    I believe Hamilton has a higher likelihood of being drafted by the Jets in the top 10 than Stingley

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Itíll come down to the medical evaluations. Itís not uncommon for a high draft player to punt on a season. Pretty sure Nick Bosa did that

Quote Originally Posted by lamonster View Post
    I love drafting offensive linemen, I canít remember a year where I didnít want one
    However, I donít know what weíd do with Neal. Iím sold on Fant at RT and LT if Becton isnít what he was his rookie year. If Becton isnít what he was his rookie year, heís probably a damn good RT

Unless weíre putting Neal at guard and ultimately replace Fant when his contract expires? Even then, why not extend Fant? As for a guard at #4, he better be drawing comps to Quenton Nelson, otherwise the value is misaligned

Itís too bad weíre a little too far from Hutchinson or KT and thereís no Jamarr Chase in this draft. I like Ojabo a lot, but he may not be right for our defense. I keep going back to Hamilton as one of our top picks, he seems like a great fit, if Neal is the other, Iíd be ecstatic, but confused how the pieces will be put together

I actually have more questions about Hutchinson than Ojabo, because what does Hutchinson do if his bullrush isn't successful on the NFL level.
    Whereas Ojabo is a speedrusher with several moves to set up his blocker.
    Ha, thatís my same concern with Hutchinson. Heís really strong, and it works in college, but I donít think heís fast enough. Iím really curious about his pro days, heíll need to display speed and agility.

I compare him to JJ Watt, but if he doesnít have all the attributes of Watt, heís going to be an all around average DE

Ojabo is Von Miller like. He may be the best if the bunch in 3-4 years

Food for thought.
    Going to have breakfast now

Food for thought.
    I read a couple of things about the team being a bit ticked that he wasn't able to make it back this season. Maybe I assumed that had to do with the weight/conditioning issues that had people concerned going into the draft, but it could have been something else.
    Your Worst Nightmare

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast