Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl draft 2022

This is a really invaluable opportunity to see how these guys practice, how they interact with teammates and to coaching, whether they’re leaders or not (and if that leadership is more vocal or “by example”). We gotta take advantage of this opportunity, especially with how many picks we have. Fun times!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I wonder if he goes back?
    If I were him, I probably would

Here's a tight end draft prospect who wants to play for the Jets:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...edgdhp&pc=U531

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Here's a tight end draft prospect who wants to play for the Jets:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...edgdhp&pc=U531
    While he's not the most athletically gifted TE in the draft, something needs to be said for his desire.

Got to like players that want to be here.

So who are your trade up or trade down targets?

For me, it’s Kaiir Elam and Jameson Williams

I think Elam is a stud, I put him behind Stingley. Sauce is off my board, I think he’s a bust. I see Elam mocked mid to late first round. I’d give #35, 69, and 108 to move up and get him in the late teens.
    Alternatively, I’d likely take #19, 51, and 115 in a trade down
    https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com...022/kaiir-elam

Jameson is a little more difficult to mock, I thought for sure he’d be a 10-15 pick, but we’ll have to see with that knee. If he starts falling into the deep 1st, trading #35 and 102 makes sense to me. However I can see JD sitting tight on WR as I don’t believe Lafleur’s offense values high end WRs. I hope they reconsider as ZWs accuracy was horrendous and he’ll need tons of separation

Hamilton, Ojabo, Elam, McBride oh my
    Last edited by Larry M; 01-19-2022 at 05:51 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    While he's not the most athletically gifted TE in the draft, something needs to be said for his desire.

Got to like players that want to be here.
    100%. The drive and want to play for this team should be weighted seriously. If they want to be here, they will invest their energy to do that. I think it becomes less about money and more about the team.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    100%. The drive and want to play for this team should be weighted seriously. If they want to be here, they will invest their energy to do that. I think it becomes less about money and more about the team.
    Fortunately, the Jets staff will have a first hand look at him and others.
    He has good hands, if he can show that he runs crisp routes, that will cover for a lack of breakaway speed.

Also, there's a good number of seniors (particularly OL) that will go rounds 2 and 3 that they'll be viewing.

Side: Keep track of OL Neal from Alabama, if he's on the board, he's another candidate for the pick at #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    So who are your trade up or trade down targets?

For me, it’s Kaiir Elam and Jameson Williams

I think Elam is a stud, I put him behind Stingley. Sauce is off my board, I think he’s a bust. I see Elam mocked mid to late first round. I’d give #35, 69, and 108 to move up and get him in the late teens.
    Alternatively, I’d likely take #19, 51, and 115 in a trade down
    https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com...022/kaiir-elam

Jameson is a little more difficult to mock, I thought for sure he’d be a 10-15 pick, but we’ll have to see with that knee. If he starts falling into the deep 1st, trading #35 and 102 makes sense to me. However I can see JD sitting tight on WR as I don’t believe Lafleur’s offense values high end WRs. I hope they reconsider as ZWs accuracy was horrendous and he’ll need tons of separation

Hamilton, Ojabo, Elam, McBride oh my
    I think Ojabo will be rising on boards after the combine, possibly to the Giants or nearby them.
    If the Jets want him, it may have to be at #4.

Sauce is the real deal.

Stingly has really only had 1 good year.
    However, it was 1 phenomenal year, but it was as a freshman.
    He hasn't lived up to the billing since, and it wasn't just because of injuries.

I'll know more about trade up/down targets after the combine, unfortunately WR Drake London probably won't be a full participant. If he's healthy, he'd be a target if he starts falling in the draft.
    However, I do think the Jets will target another WR in FA (Allen Robinson comes to mind), so not sure if WR will be highly sought in the draft.

A lot of talk in Gator circles that Kair is gonna show out at the combine/pro day and make people realize how hamstrung he was by the godawful system grantham ran (before getting fired). Marco wilson was quite literally the most trash *** DB i have ever seen wear the orange and blue… and yet the dude made a roster and played well enough to be on the field most downs (he got smoked by another gator, van jefferson, this weekend… i wanted van sooooo bad).

If Kair is put in the right system, he could be as dangerous as stingley. I think a lot of former gators on D will see a resurgence in the nfl… that’s how atrocious the last coaching staff was. And why not a single one of the former coaches hs been hired, let alone even mentioned for open spots across college.

Rant over…

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    I think Ojabo will be rising on boards after the combine, possibly to the Giants or nearby them.
    If the Jets want him, it may have to be at #4.

Sauce is the real deal.

Stingly has really only had 1 good year.
    However, it was 1 phenomenal year, but it was as a freshman.
    He hasn't lived up to the billing since, and it wasn't just because of injuries.

I'll know more about trade up/down targets after the combine, unfortunately WR Drake London probably won't be a full participant. If he's healthy, he'd be a target if he starts falling in the draft.
    However, I do think the Jets will target another WR in FA (Allen Robinson comes to mind), so not sure if WR will be highly sought in the draft.
    I agree Ojabo is going to fly up the mock drafts after the combines. My comment above could be Ojabo 4 Hamilton 10

Agree on Stingley, but he sure looked like Revis during that freshman year. Like Revis, his body control is insane, and he wears #24. He could be another Jamarr Chase or Nick Bosa (or Clowney) and just punt on the college season knowing he’d be a top pick. You can throw Micah Parson onto that list minus the top pick part.

Sauce will be a bust. Dee Milliner style

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    A lot of talk in Gator circles that Kair is gonna show out at the combine/pro day and make people realize how hamstrung he was by the godawful system grantham ran (before getting fired). Marco wilson was quite literally the most trash *** DB i have ever seen wear the orange and blue… and yet the dude made a roster and played well enough to be on the field most downs (he got smoked by another gator, van jefferson, this weekend… i wanted van sooooo bad).

If Kair is put in the right system, he could be as dangerous as stingley. I think a lot of former gators on D will see a resurgence in the nfl… that’s how atrocious the last coaching staff was. And why not a single one of the former coaches hs been hired, let alone even mentioned for open spots across college.

Rant over…
    Let me know your thoughts on the coaching staff

Let me know your thoughts on the coaching staff
    Lol… let’s just say that mullen and co were complete frauds who spoke about relentless effort, and in actuality had about a 2% effort

Napier and his staff have done more in 2 months than mullen did in 4 years… and that’s coming from the players themselves

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Lol… let’s just say that mullen and co were complete frauds who spoke about relentless effort, and in actuality had about a 2% effort

Napier and his staff have done more in 2 months than mullen did in 4 years… and that’s coming from the players themselves

I agree Ojabo is going to fly up the mock drafts after the combines. My comment above could be Ojabo 4 Hamilton 10

Agree on Stingley, but he sure looked like Revis during that freshman year. Like Revis, his body control is insane, and he wears #24. He could be another Jamarr Chase or Nick Bosa (or Clowney) and just punt on the college season knowing he’d be a top pick. You can throw Micah Parson onto that list minus the top pick part.

Sauce will be a bust. Dee Milliner style
    So Stingley allowed himself to be toasted by WRs for 2 seasons becsuse he had a good freshman year?
    Or
    Did opposing coaches find faults in his game and expose them?

I'll go with the latter.

Sauce has nothing in common with Dee Milliner.
    Sauce is bigger, range-ier, longer, and a consistent one on one stopper.

In fact; Sauce's entire college career has been stellar.

Whereas with Stingley, you have to "hope" he reverts back to his freshman form, otherwise you get the injury prone, middle of the pack CB we've seen over the past 2 years.

Much more concerns come with Stingley than with Sauce.

Stingley looks like a huge red flag warning.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-20-2022 at 11:20 AM.

How could anyone possibly claim Sauce could be a bust or use him in the same sentence as Dee Milliner? He was arguably the best CB in college football last year and has been consistently good since his freshman season..

Milliner got drafted completely based off upside and athleticism and not at all based off game tape.. Gardners game tape is dominant, he has great measurements and I’m sure he’ll test well enough at the combine..

Elam and Stingley both have much more chance to be busts then Gardner.. I wouldn’t be upset with Stingley because he atleast showed what he could be his first year, but Elam is the upside pick which compares much more closely to Milliner if we’re being honest.

I know we have some big Gator fans on this board but besides Joe Haden I haven’t been high on a Gator CB coming into the draft in a very long time and I’ve been proven right time and time again. They always have great athletes at the position but never great football players. If we were to spend a 2nd rounder on Elam I’d be ok with but not love it, but the distance between Elam and Sauce as prospects is very far, and at this moment I like Sauce even better then Stingley.

I’m at the point where I’d be ecstatic if we picked Sauce #4 overall.. He has all the makings to be a shutdown NFL corner..

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast