Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

First Coach For Buck

It has been reported that Joey Cora will be Buck's 3B coach .

Also considering John Russell , his bench coach in Baltimore to be his bench coach , also Clayton McCullough , the Dodgers 1B coach to be his bench coach .

I hope they hire Candace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne Kirby to be 1B Coach. He was with Buck in Baltimore

So a big name is supposed to be the bench coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So a big name is supposed to be the bench coach.

I think you and I are the only ones interested in Buck's coaches.

Not Beltran, per the team.

I like Buck's quote about not being interested in hiring buddies vs. the best candidate for the way the team is built now. Lots of guys would have gone with what's comfortable.

Bench and hitting coach, and the assistant hitting and pitching coaches, will be interesting. Don't really care about 1B. I'd still like to see Alfonso have a role in the organization.

The labor situation sucks, but it actually helped the GM buy some time to regroup after hitting the ground running.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Not Beltran, per the team.

I like Buck's quote about not being interested in hiring buddies vs. the best candidate for the way the team is built now. Lots of guys would have gone with what's comfortable.

Bench and hitting coach, and the assistant hitting and pitching coaches, will be interesting. Don't really care about 1B. I'd still like to see Alfonso have a role in the organization.

The labor situation sucks, but it actually helped the GM buy some time to regroup after hitting the ground running.
    I don't know much about him but was Wayne Kirby the best candidate ? Thee were some negative comments about him on another forum

Some sources say a big name for bench coach but others say it's complicated. My guess, unless they're going for a name with a connection to the org, is it's someone under contract in a lesser position on another team, someone in a situation like McCullough with LA.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Some sources say a big name for bench coach but others say it's complicated. My guess, unless they're going for a name with a connection to the org, is it's someone under contract in a lesser position on another team, someone in a situation like McCullough with LA.
    Why do you say "not Beltran."

I'm thinking that could be the big name. Bench coach!

I'm not all that thrilled with Beltran because of his association with the Astros cheating. But Beltran is certainly a very knowledgeable insider who probably would be a really good choice as bench coach and future manager of the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    Why do you say "not Beltran."

I'm thinking that could be the big name. Bench coach!

I'm not all that thrilled with Beltran because of his association with the Astros cheating. But Beltran is certainly a very knowledgeable insider who probably would be a really good choice as bench coach and future manager of the Mets.
    Obviously the Wilpons and Brodie were the ones who like Beltran a lot and hired him to be the manager. Just not sure if Beltran fits with what the current owner and front office are looking for - seemingly experience. A bench coach obviously is the person who is the closest to an assistant manager and the Mets will likely choose someone with not only the blessings of Cohen, Alderson and Eppler, but also someone who is close to or at least very much in tune with Showalter.

From Beltran's perspective, why take a bench coach role when there might be a team manager role out there? What is most telling is that if the current Mets owner and front office were so interested in Beltran, why didn't they at least interview him for the manager role?

The Mets had arguably the best potential bench coach working as the manager last 2 years in Luis Rojas, but he bolted to the Yankees. I always thought that hiring Rojas as their manager was a bit of a stretch but that was a typical Wilpon type of hire after Beltran was hired then fired. Neither Beltran nor Rojas were the right choice for the Mets at the time given that experienced managers were out there who wanted to be here - Joe Girardi and even Buck Showalter for example. When Cohen bought the team, he intimated that even though he covets experience in certain positions he would keep Rojas in the manager role to see the results. He was true to his word.
    Last edited by swbwtr; 01-06-2022 at 06:34 AM.

Lindor grew up in the same town as Joey Cora and he idolized him, so their is that one connection

https://twitter.com/nypost_mets/stat...216006146?s=21

https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...603935744?s=21

So the Mets took Chavez away from the Yankees?

Eric Chavez as hitting coach

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast