Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    we can use this as the wildcard/bye week thread.

Nagy and Pace are gone from Chicago
    Zimmer and Spielman are out in Minnesota

so now the longest tenured NFC North Coach is Matt LaFleur followed by Dan Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    we can use this as the wildcard/bye week thread.
    Zimmer and Spielman are out in Minnesota
    Spielman was a huge shock to me.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    If the Packers win the SB they will have won 16 games or as many as every other team in the North combined

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    Jefferson was a massive hit, but other than that their drafts have been retty underwhelming lately. Even hits like Cleveland was okay this year, but he's a solid guard. Not bad but not exactly what yorhe hoping for with an early 2nd round tackle. And that's a hit for them.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Jefferson was a massive hit, but other than that their drafts have been retty underwhelming lately. Even hits like Cleveland was okay this year, but he's a solid guard. Not bad but not exactly what yorhe hoping for with an early 2nd round tackle. And that's a hit for them.
    he definitely had more misses than hits but, he did have some solid picks since he took on the role in 2012,

Matt Kalil
    Harrison Smith
    Anthony Barr
    Stefon Diggs
    Danielle Hunter
    Eric Kendricks
    Dalvin Cook
    Garret Bradbury
    KJ Osborn
    DJ Wonnum

Spielman's big issue was when it came to Free Agents.

he definitely had more misses than hits but, he did have some solid picks since he took on the role in 2012,

Matt Kalil
    Harrison Smith
    Anthony Barr
    Stefon Diggs
    Danielle Hunter
    Eric Kendricks
    Dalvin Cook
    Garret Bradbury
    KJ Osborn
    DJ Wonnum

Spielman's big issue was when it came to Free Agents.
    But loom at the time frame on alot of those guys. There's very little really recent talent there. Even someone like Bradbury has been solid but I'm not sure id say he's a stud.

But that roster is weird. Like I said, Jefferson is a stud. Thielen turns 32 next season and has been banged up the last few years. Irv and Conklin are a fine TE paring but not elite. Cook is really good but is also at the age where RBs have a history of starting to hit an injury wall. Mattison is a solid backup and maybe even a solid starte but isn't elite. The OL has gotten a bit better and has some young dudes, but those young dudes have been more fine than good or great. Still think darrisaw will be okay even though I think he struggled at times. Their qb is underwhelming and getting older.

On defense, their LB core is solid, but Barr and Kendricks both turn 30 next year. Not sure how many more high end years they have. Hunter is good and should be fine coming off injury. Smith is going to be 33 in a few weeks. Their CBs have been rough despite alot of early picks.

Its not a bad roster and a really good draft/FA class could maybe turn it quickly, but it's a very middle of the pack type roster with some dudes who are starting to get to an age where they may start to decline without many obvious ascending players to take over.

I don't think Spielman is bad, but I'm not sure he's great either. So maybe makes sense to go coach and GM together. Letting him have a say in a new HC and then firing him a year or two later probably isn't good for anyone.

Za'Darius practiced today. Jaire practiced, Turner was doing individual drills

Until they all actually play, I'll hold off before I get too excited, but it looks like there's a chance we could actually be as healthy as we've been all year for the playoffs. Obviously Jenkins and Tonyan are out but that might be it for important guys.

Mercilus back also

I totally forgot about him. Would be huge to get him back too. Imagine going from Garvin and Gallea playing significant snaps to Z and Mercilus.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I totally forgot about him. Would be huge to get him back too. Imagine going from Garvin and Gallea playing significant snaps to Z and Mercilus.
    Exactly what I thought.

Can't blame you for forgetting. Was said he was done for the year, didn't he tear his bicep? Former Texans (Watt, Mercilus) just smash injury projections apparently. Also I think everyone was so focused on the others coming back combined with being stated he was done, why wouldn't you push him on backburner? Hopefully now like Aaron said on McAfee "We're going on a run"

Biggest thing I think with this team is the offense needs to start fast. Especially with getting Z and Merc back plus JA, I think this pass defense has a chance to be really good, especially if we know they're going to need to pass. Our offense hasn't started great all year but this team is really good playing with a lead. Then we can pound Dillon in the cold and let Rodgers feast when they sneak those safeties down.

If the defense can stop the run, that would be nice. I could see a team like the 49ers again run all over us

either Dallas' Offense sucks right now or this 49ers defense is getting scary

either Dallas' Offense sucks right now or this 49ers defense is getting scary
    Haven't been watching intently but Dallas can't seem to pukc up a stunt to save their lives.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast