Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

IGT: January "No where to go but up"

Sad part is this team will do just enough to make the playoffs and lose first round.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Sad part is this team will do just enough to make the playoffs and lose first round.
    This team won't make the playoffs. Not playing like this. Connauton and Yandle have to be some of the worst players I've seen in years...Not sure if I wouldn't rather have A-Mac at this point. It's irritating. There are around 4 players on this team that I like right now. I like G, TK (sometimes), Joel, and Frost. Lindblom just makes me sad at this point because I want him to be so much better for him more than anything. Hayes comes across lazy a lot. JVR is terrible. Brown needs to go. I actually like Macewan. Laughton, I can't remember because it's been so long since he's played. I like Hart a lot this year. Sanheim...meh...reminds me more of Coburn each day. Willman seems like he may be able to do something in a year or two. Atkinson disappears too much, but I get it, that's who he has always been. Jones has been okay (not tonight). Risto...is NOT worht what we gave up for him but has been serviceable. Braun is coming back down to a more Braunlike playing level. Couts hasn't even looked right this year.

This team is not good...

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    This team won't make the playoffs. Not playing like this. Connauton and Yandle have to be some of the worst players I've seen in years...Not sure if I wouldn't rather have A-Mac at this point. It's irritating. There are around 4 players on this team that I like right now. I like G, TK (sometimes), Joel, and Frost. Lindblom just makes me sad at this point because I want him to be so much better for him more than anything. Hayes comes across lazy a lot. JVR is terrible. Brown needs to go. I actually like Macewan. Laughton, I can't remember because it's been so long since he's played. I like Hart a lot this year. Sanheim...meh...reminds me more of Coburn each day. Willman seems like he may be able to do something in a year or two. Atkinson disappears too much, but I get it, that's who he has always been. Jones has been okay (not tonight). Risto...is NOT worht what we gave up for him but has been serviceable. Braun is coming back down to a more Braunlike playing level. Couts hasn't even looked right this year.

This team is not good...
    all of this by alot. My issue with TK he acts like an entitled child on the ice and a dick but it doesnt show up at all in terms of scoring or play. If you are gonna act like that you need to atleast show up and he really doesnt as much as he should with that attitude. We deserve to lose and then some every game because of our stupid *** organization... Imagine if snider was alive... Yandle would have been gone iron man **** be damned. We are playing the worst player in the NHL to help him get a meaningless streak... we have basically become a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    all of this by alot. My issue with TK he acts like an entitled child on the ice and a dick but it doesnt show up at all in terms of scoring or play. If you are gonna act like that you need to atleast show up and he really doesnt as much as he should with that attitude. We deserve to lose and then some every game because of our stupid *** organization... Imagine if snider was alive... Yandle would have been gone iron man **** be damned. We are playing the worst player in the NHL to help him get a meaningless streak... we have basically become a joke.
    Yeah, I agree although I feel like that 99 is stuck in TK's head right now. Yandle is terrible...beyond terrible...He always looks tired.

Also, I think the NHL this year is a joke. We have 9 players out tonight...9...All of our top players are out...and we don't get a postponed game? Why? Because it's against the golden baby of the NHL? This is idiotic...By the way, I love Hart's comments too.

The Penguins always have like eight injuries and twelve call ups I've never heard of. The call is like "Malkin gains the zone with wingers Mark Donk and Buzz Flibbet" and you look and they both have 47 points

Acting the Fulemin (@ATFulemin)

Yandle is a -21...second worst is JVR at -17...third Hayes -11...

Best line has been Farabee, Atkinson, Brassard....they are the only pluses on the team...

Usually, I don't care for plus/minus stats, but these are kinda telling this year of this team's performance.

https://mobile.twitter.com/andystric...30459282550787

The more time passes, the worse the hextall Era look

It's easy for Clarke to say that now and blame Hextall. Also, what was the return package for O'Reilly, if it was 3 first round picks or something else stupid I would have turned it down to. From some of the things coming out from ex players it did seem like he was a bit of a control freak over even the smallest detail.

It's easy for Clarke to say that now and blame Hextall. Also, what was the return package for O'Reilly, if it was 3 first round picks or something else stupid I would have turned it down to. From some of the things coming out from ex players it did seem like he was a bit of a control freak over even the smallest detail.
    the patrick thing is probably revisionist history, but not trading for oreilly was definitely a thing at the time it didn't happen.

oreilly had an insane lump sum bonus payment due on july 1 of whatever year that was, something like 12MM, and BUF needed to (not wanted to; needed to. as in, the check would have bounced if they had to write it) get someone else to pay him that money. because the flyers have a bottomless bank account, we were one of the teams were in on it, and many people in the organization wanted to get the deal done...except hextall was completely unwilling to let anyone else touch any of his preciouses. hextall shut it down because giving up anything he cared about was too much for him to stomach.

July 1, 2018: Traded by the Buffalo Sabres to the St. Louis Blues for 1st round draft pick in 2019 , Patrik Berglund, 2nd round draft pick in 2021 (Ben Roger), Vladimir Sobotka and Tage Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    the patrick thing is probably revisionist history, but not trading for oreilly was definitely a thing at the time it didn't happen.

oreilly had an insane lump sum bonus payment due on july 1 of whatever year that was, something like 12MM, and BUF needed to (not wanted to; needed to. as in, the check would have bounced if they had to write it) get someone else to pay him that money. because the flyers have a bottomless bank account, we were one of the teams were in on it, and many people in the organization wanted to get the deal done...except hextall was completely unwilling to let anyone else touch any of his preciouses. hextall shut it down because giving up anything he cared about was too much for him to stomach.
    I remember hearing/reading leaks of the scouting department not wanting Patrick multiple years ago. This is just the first legitimate source on the matter imo. When you factor in all the other stories of hextall shutting everyone else out it becomes even more believable.

There may be some legitimacy to Clarke's tale....but we weren't the only teams that didn't go after Makar? It's almost like Clarke picked the name of the most successful pick in that draft to compare him to Hextall going with Patrick.

I believe him when he said he shut people out when it came to scouting and draft decisions. Hextall did some good things (get the team out of Holmgren's cap hell) and some bad/questionable things.