Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 326
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,486

    NFL Coaching Updates

    Looks like Dan Quinn has opted out of interviewing for the Jaguars HC job, or at least out of interviewing during the 2 week window the NFL allows.

    https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...206793220?s=21

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Looks like Dan Quinn has opted out of interviewing for the Jaguars HC job, or at least out of interviewing during the 2 week window the NFL allows.

    https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...206793220?s=21
    Good. I hope Kellen does the same but I couldn't blame him for interviewing either.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Good. I hope Kellen does the same but I couldn't blame him for interviewing either.
    I think if Jacksonville doesnt hire Kellen Moore to be their HC this off season I dont think he get offered another HC job. At least not this off season. Hes really only been a OC for 1 season and the offense did go into a slump during the middle of the season. It wont be long though before he gets a HC gig.

    As for Quinn Im wondering if he even wants to be a HC again. Hes in a sweet spot here in Dallas. Hes going to make tons of money, he has a really good young defense to work with and theyre expected to invest heavy in the draft on the defense again. I guarantee you hes having more fun now than he did in Atlanta.

    Of the two, if it were up to me Id rather keep Quinn.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Good. I hope Kellen does the same but I couldn't blame him for interviewing either.
    I think if your team is in the thick of the playoffs it is best to decline and just focus on your current job. No reason to be prepping for an interview and trying to do your job to the best of your abilities. If they want him bad enough they can wait until the season ends.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    13,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    I think if your team is in the thick of the playoffs it is best to decline and just focus on your current job. No reason to be prepping for an interview and trying to do your job to the best of your abilities. If they want him bad enough they can wait until the season ends.
    its best for the team absolutely... not necessarily best for the individual
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

    HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

    2021 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    I think if your team is in the thick of the playoffs it is best to decline and just focus on your current job. No reason to be prepping for an interview and trying to do your job to the best of your abilities. If they want him bad enough they can wait until the season ends.
    On the other hand, if you're Dan Quinn and have no reason for getting another HC gig you should probably jump at any HC interview you get. The fact that he got his first gig on the back of Gus Bradley's relatively simple defense never made much sense.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    195
    Doug Pederson being interviewed with the Jags today

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    8,008
    Jonathan Gannon is getting some head coach buzz. I hope he doesnt leave but I honestly wouldnt be surprised if someone hires him as a HC. I think most eagle fans expect a defense heavy 2022 nfl draft, would be nice to see what Gannon could do with those guys.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I think if Jacksonville doesnt hire Kellen Moore to be their HC this off season I dont think he get offered another HC job. At least not this off season. Hes really only been a OC for 1 season and the offense did go into a slump during the middle of the season. It wont be long though before he gets a HC gig.

    As for Quinn Im wondering if he even wants to be a HC again. Hes in a sweet spot here in Dallas. Hes going to make tons of money, he has a really good young defense to work with and theyre expected to invest heavy in the draft on the defense again. I guarantee you hes having more fun now than he did in Atlanta.

    Of the two, if it were up to me Id rather keep Quinn.
    I wouldn't rather keep Quinn. I think Kellen Moore has Sean Peyton potential. I also think Quinn is less likely to leave.

    Obviously I hope both stay for another year.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,989
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBirds20 View Post
    Doug Pederson being interviewed with the Jags today
    I think it would be a good fit but Jacksonville is also where coaching careers go to die. So I dunno. I'm wondering who he would pick as DC... Cory Undlin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I wouldn't rather keep Quinn. I think Kellen Moore has Sean Peyton potential. I also think Quinn is less likely to leave.

    Obviously I hope both stay for another year.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry said to Kellen Moore that he'll match any HC salary to stay as OC for another two years or so. If McCarthy doesn't win anything of significance until then, he'll be gone.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    15,269
    Quote Originally Posted by QB Eagles
    I think it would be a good fit but Jacksonville is also where coaching careers go to die. So I dunno. I'm wondering who he would pick as DC... Cory Undlin?
    There's definitely risk involved with going to a **** franchise like the Jags, but if he can get Lawrence playing like he should be capable of and then start trending upwards they'll have no problem convincing players to come to Florida with no state income tax. He'll have a #1 overall pick to play with on top of Lawrence, so I could see him having them playing .500 football by 2023 and loading up for a playoff run in 2024. I'm not sure if that's a comfortable timeframe for him, but it's the most realistic one that anyone should expect.

    BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry said to Kellen Moore that he'll match any HC salary to stay as OC for another two years or so. If McCarthy doesn't win anything of significance until then, he'll be gone.
    I wouldn't be surprised either. Seems like something Jerry would definitely do.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17,982
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    There's definitely risk involved with going to a **** franchise like the Jags, but if he can get Lawrence playing like he should be capable of and then start trending upwards they'll have no problem convincing players to come to Florida with no state income tax. He'll have a #1 overall pick to play with on top of Lawrence, so I could see him having them playing .500 football by 2023 and loading up for a playoff run in 2024. I'm not sure if that's a comfortable timeframe for him, but it's the most realistic one that anyone should expect.
    You never know in the NFL. Teams go from worst to first all the time, lots of parity. If they can get Lawrence going and get him a legit weapon or two in the passing game they could pretty quickly turn things around. Their defense isn't bad still. I wouldn't be surprised by a Bengals-like turnaround with Burrow if they can get Lawrence figured out.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,486

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,785
    Kellen Moore deserves an opportunity for sure. I see him more of a college coach for some reason.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •