Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Flores for the Cowboys as an OC or DC under Mike McCarthy would be pretty laughable
    In place of MM. I donít think thatís happening now though. Latest rumor is MM will be back and Jerry will go hard after Sean Payton next off season when his contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    In place of MM. I donít think thatís happening now though. Latest rumor is MM will be back and Jerry will go hard after Sean Payton next off season when his contract is up.
    Yeah I opened up my phone and saw this. They might keep him at least another year.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yeah I opened up my phone and saw this. They might keep him at least another year.

Mike McCarthy, putting the lame in lame duck
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Payton will want power of personnel and I don't think he will have that in Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Payton will want power of personnel and I don't think he will have that in Dallas
    Heís given Will McClay most of the power over player personnel already and theyíve done really well at drafting since McClay has taken over. He works great with coaches in finding the type of players they like and want. He found the right players for Quinnís defense. I donít believe Sean Payton would have any problems working with Will McClay.

Sean Payton is perfect where he is in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Sean Payton is perfect where he is in New Orleans
    Jerry has had a major hard on for Sean Payton ever since he left Dallas to coach New Orleans though. Also I believe Payton and his family still have a house in Dallas. A lot of this is going to depend on how New Orleans rebuilds this off season. I do believe he is loyal to the Saints however if they are rebuilding and the Cowboys are ready to win (not to mention heíd get a raise coming to Dallas) I believe heíd leave New Orleans to coach the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I don't know about that. I think that Jones is about at his wits end and Payton is a top coach of all time guy.

Jerry has had a major hard on for Sean Payton ever since he left Dallas to coach New Orleans though. Also I believe Payton and his family still have a house in Dallas. A lot of this is going to depend on how New Orleans rebuilds this off season. I do believe he is loyal to the Saints however if they are rebuilding and the Cowboys are ready to win (not to mention heíd get a raise coming to Dallas) I believe heíd leave New Orleans to coach the Cowboys.
    I'm a Bear's fan who had a huge wish of Payton coming to Chicago as HC/GM. I'm also a huge Drew Brees and Sean Payton fan who wanted both of them to come to Chicago back when. That being said, I think that Payton would be perfect with Jerry Jones.

How quick that Cowboy fans and brass are turning on Mike McCarthy when it is clear Dan Quinn is the salvation the answer to y'alls prayers up in Big D

Some teams need to hire Jonathan Gannon.

Sounds like Steelers DC Keith Butler is going to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sounds like Steelers DC Keith Butler is going to retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Iím the Steelers Iím doing whatever I can to sign Fangio to run their defense.

I think he's a pretty good coach, but I still never fully understand why so many fna bases tend to view Sean Payton as some savior. Every couple years there seems to be a fan base that's excited about the prospect of luring him out of NO. I don't think hes bad or anything, but for a guy who had Drew Brees for essentially his entire coaching career, there's definitley some weird stuff in there. I mean there's the 3 straight 7-9 seasons. He has a SB ring, which is great but 3 NFC champ games isn't a ton when you have a guy like Brees the whole time.

Again, not saying he's bad, but I always find the love for him to be a bit odd. His career record is better than a guy like Mccarthy, but jot by a ton. And while he doesn't have a few really bad years like Mccarthy does, he also has some misses in there. And I know at times McCarthy has been exciting for some fans, with him it's usually Rodgers covered for him but with Brees and Payton, Payton doesn't deal with the Brees covered him aspect.

Same with if you were to tell every fan base they lost their coach and you could get Tomlin or Payton, I suspect a majority would say Payton, even though I think Tomlin's resume is probably better. I suspect it's similar with Pete Carroll too, even though Pete's overall record isn't quite what Payton's is. But in the same vein, if you were to ask non-Steelers, Seahawks or Saints fans if they could have Big Ben, Russ or Brees for their entire careers, many would say Brees.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 01-20-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Brian Flores get him in Vegas

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast