Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Ismael Kamagate they say is the prototypical big that the Raptors need and watching tape on him he actually would be a perfect fit especially if you develop him properly

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Ismael Kamagate they say is the prototypical big that the Raptors need and watching tape on him he actually would be a perfect fit especially if you develop him properly
    Meh. When will he actually be ready to contribute at the level the raptors need?
    We donít need a big yo. We have a good 4 man big rotation.

Apparently some Canadian prospect Leonard Miller is eligible but he took a post year even though he was a 5 star recruit.

He is 6'10 but was 6'4 most of high school so he has guard skills. Sounds like someone the Raps may consider a projectand worth taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Apparently some Canadian prospect Leonard Miller is eligible but he took a post year even though he was a 5 star recruit.

He is 6'10 but was 6'4 most of high school so he has guard skills. Sounds like someone the Raps may consider a projectand worth taking.
    Just watched tape of him. Tough to assess based on his competition, but I like his shot, and he does move like a guard. Seems to shy away from contact more than you'd like to see and his handle can seem erratic, (probably him getting used to an extra 7 inches). Even with the sudden growth spurt, his body seems to have filled out generally well. His ceiling and floor are worlds apart, but I wouldn't be upset at getting such a high potential player in the second round if he's there. Very intriguing.

Looking at the mocks, he's projected anywhere from pick 24 to undrafted.
    Last edited by Saint Raptor; 05-09-2022 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Just watched tape of him. Tough to assess based on his competition, but I like his shot, and he does move like a guard. Seems to shy away from contact more than you'd like to see and his handle can seem erratic, (probably him getting used to an extra 7 inches). Even with the sudden growth spurt, his body seems to have filled out generally well. His ceiling and floor are worlds apart, but I wouldn't be upset at getting such a high potential player in the second round if he's there. Very intriguing.

He's a guy that has come up in some draft podcasts I've been watching as well recently. My sense is that he has a long way to go in terms of development, but scouts like his tools quite a lot.

Another name I've heard a bunch recently as a late first rounder is Dalen Terry. 6'7 PG with exceptional defense at the point of attack. Given our "type," I could see the FO really liking him too.

I have a feeling we trade up back into the 1st.
    I think there will be teams that donít like any of the late prospects that much.

Now it has the Raptors with #33 overall taking Wendell Moore

Now it has the Raptors with #33 overall taking Wendell Moore
    Who is "it?"

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Who is "it?"
    NBA Draft Room

NBA Draft Room
    Yea, they havenít updated rankings in about a month. It doesnít really mean anything what sites say either. Gonna by 15-30 guys in that range that Raptors could like.

If we're looking for someone to contribute off the bench on day 1, check out some video of Vince Williams Jr. out of TCU. Currently he's projected to go undrafted, but I see a ready-made role player. He's an excellent help defender, who has played every position for VCU. His 3-point shooting is great making it at a 39% clip. His passing and the way he manipulates the opposing defense looks like pro level, and his advanced stats all show an underrated player. He is a senior, so he'll be 22 going into the season. But, as I said, while he has room to grow, I don't think he's someone who would necessarily have to be stashed on the 905 all season.

Oh, and when he gets a lane he finishes with Norm Powellesque dunks... Its pretty clear we have a deficiency in rim finishing guards. (looking at you Fred and Gary)
    Last edited by Saint Raptor; 05-15-2022 at 10:18 AM.

If we're looking for someone to contribute off the bench on day 1, check out some video of Vince Williams Jr. out of TCU. Currently he's projected to go undrafted, but I see a ready-made role player. He's an excellent help defender, who has played every position for VCU. His 3-point shooting is great making it at a 39% clip. His passing and the way he manipulates the opposing defense looks like pro level, and his advanced stats all show an underrated player. He is a senior, so he'll be 22 going into the season. But, as I said, while he has room to grow, I don't think he's someone who would necessarily have to be stashed on the 905 all season.

Oh, and when he gets a lane he finishes with Norm Powellesque dunks... Its pretty clear we have a deficiency in rim finishing guards. (looking at you Fred and Gary)
    I mentioned him in the previous page too. If the shooting is legit, he helps fill the shooting deficit on this team. The fact that he is 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan, plays tough defense and should be close to NBA ready, he is a guy I could see getting minutes. He should be able to compete in our defensive structure and there is a clear role for spacers on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I mentioned him in the previous page too. If the shooting is legit, he helps fill the shooting deficit on this team. The fact that he is 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan, plays tough defense and should be close to NBA ready, he is a guy I could see getting minutes. He should be able to compete in our defensive structure and there is a clear role for spacers on offense.
    My bad, I missed that post. Good call on him early though. I watched it again and I really do see some Norm in him, but that might be my Raptors bias. There may be a better comp.

My bad, I missed that post. Good call on him early though. I watched it again and I really do see some Norm in him, but that might be my Raptors bias. There may be a better comp.
    Norm wishes he had that wingspan.

Not your bad at all . It is nice when a couple people notice the same guy. Right now a few I'm trying to follow are:

Tevin Brown
    Alondes Williams
    Vince Williams
    Dalen Terry
    Ismael Kamagate
    Christian Koloko
    Jake LaRavia
    Marjon Beauchamp
    JD Davidson
    Trevor Keels
    Josh Minot

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast