Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Ousmane Dieng, he's kinda poopy tho.

I swear to god if we actually draft him, gonna be so funny. all 6'9 team.
    A lot of athletes this coming draft. Not as deep in NBA readiness. Probably gonna be a project whoever we get, with a ceiling that excites us. Tyty Washington would be my hope at this point, but not sure we'll draft high enough.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    A lot of athletes this coming draft. Not as deep in NBA readiness. Probably gonna be a project whoever we get, with a ceiling that excites us. Tyty Washington would be my hope at this point, but not sure we'll draft high enough.
    Currently y'all are at 18

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    Does the NBL have any 6'10" point guards coming out? After Simmons, LaMelo and Giddey; I'm sold on just grabbing any tall point guard with any connection to Australia. Half joking.
    He isn't playing in the NBL, but the 6'5 PG Taran Armstrong is from Australia and seems to have the vision and creative playmaking as some of his NBL predecessors. The ceiling doesn't look as high though.

I'm not very optimistic about our draft chances this year. Hopefully someone drops to us.

Mark Williams seems like a major project. Looks like a fluid athlete tho at the very least. Don't really see the defensive acumen tbh. He has length for days but his awareness and fundamentals are lacking.

Apart from the top handful of NCAA guys, I don't think the NA prospects are that interesting this year and won't be in our range. Maybe Kadary Richmond, I think is super underrated. But I think some of the international players are more interesting. I like the balkan boys Roko Prkacin and Nikola Jovic, they should be in the late first. Yannick Nzosa seems like the cliche Raptors pick but I think he's going to go top 10 100%. Gabriele Procida is a name to watch out for. He declared in 2021 and was projected late second, went undrafted but he improved A LOT over the year.
    He's had a disappointing season from what I've read. Some mocks have him outside the 1st round entirely. Prkacin or Jovic would be intriguing choices. Both have some upside.

I will need to read more about Richmond - I havent followed him much. Haven't heard of Procida at all. I'll check him out. Thanks.

As a whole, the draft doesn't look as strong as 2021 for sure. Looks better than 2020 though IMO. Loads of athletes, a lot of guys that need more development time though.

Jovic actually would be pretty interesting as a pick for the Raptors or you could go Juzang

He isn't playing in the NBL, but the 6'5 PG Taran Armstrong is from Australia and seems to have the vision and creative playmaking as some of his NBL predecessors. The ceiling doesn't look as high though.

He's had a disappointing season from what I've read. Some mocks have him outside the 1st round entirely. Prkacin or Jovic would be intriguing choices. Both have some upside.

I will need to read more about Richmond - I havent followed him much. Haven't heard of Procida at all. I'll check him out. Thanks.

As a whole, the draft doesn't look as strong as 2021 for sure. Looks better than 2020 though IMO. Loads of athletes, a lot of guys that need more development time though.
    I think nzosa will rise up in workouts. But if he drops could be good for us. I think heís just injured atm. Procida is an athletic high motor sharp shooter. Richmond used to be on Syracuse but I think he was misused. Richmond is a bucket. But yeah these should all be late firsts or seconds. I canít be bothered to look at lottery talent atm.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-23-2022 at 04:50 PM.

Yannick is such a Raptor pick though if Iíve ever seen one

I think nzosa will rise up in workouts. But if he drops could be good for us. I think heís just injured atm. Procida is an athletic high motor sharp shooter. Richmond used to be on Syracuse but I think he was misused. Richmond is a bucket. But yeah these should all be late firsts or seconds. I canít be bothered to look at lottery talent atm.
    Enjoyed some of the Kadary Richmond tape off your suggestion. I definitely could see the team liking him. Looks like he definitely gets into guys defensively and is quite active on that end. Has some handles and shooting to create in the backcourt.

I may have mentioned him earlier in the thread, but Tari Eason is a guy I could see this FO loving too. I'd imagine some will throw their arms up if we draft another 6'8 forward, but he fits a checks a lot of the boxes this FO looks for IMO.

Nsoza would fit in as a big man

Curious about your thoughts on Jaden Hardy. Came into the season projected as a Top 5 pick. The fact that he is a shot creating SG with upside that went to G-League Ignite naturally created Jalen Green comparisons. He has struggled enough that he could be a mid-late first rounder now (although that will probably rise again in predraft workouts). Believer in his potential at all? If you've watched much Ignite, curious your thoughts on Beauchamp or Daniels too .

Curious about your thoughts on Jaden Hardy. Came into the season projected as a Top 5 pick. The fact that he is a shot creating SG with upside that went to G-League Ignite naturally created Jalen Green comparisons. He has struggled enough that he could be a mid-late first rounder now (although that will probably rise again in predraft workouts). Believer in his potential at all? If you've watched much Ignite, curious your thoughts on Beauchamp or Daniels too .
    Hard to evaluate Hardy. He looks outclassed in G-League. I think Jalen and Kuminga were able to get by with their elite athleticism, to overcome their raw skillset. I don't think Hardy is on that level so he just gets exposed. I don't know what "struggling" in the G-League is supposed to look like. Can't really contextualize his struggles. Kuminga struggled but he wasn't outclassed, just made bad decisions. And some pundits/scouts think G-League Ignite is garbage so idk.

Daniels is pretty good. I just don't know if they'll want to develop him and Banton at the same time. I feel like they're pretty similar, though Daniels is more fundamentally sound. I can see a Brogdon path for Daniels.

I like Beauchamp's motor but he's an older guy so idk how much of what he's doing translates. He's another prospect that's hard to get a sense of without more tape. Outside of basketball, I think there are a lot of red flags. Can't stay in one school. He dropped out of school because he wasn't motivated by academics even though he went to a high school known for handing out diplomas to failing athletes. Then he chose some get rich quick scheme training camp last year instead of going to NCAA, overseas or G-League.

Tari Eason could also fit in for the Raptors all be it he plays SF too just like Barnes unless you have Barnes switched over to power forward or switched over to shooting guard because at SF y'all have Barnes and Yuta already there

Power forward then y'all have Boucher

So if the Raptors were smart, they would draft a center

PG y'all already have Malachi Flynn and Dalano Banton there so

As far as draft needs you either go center or shooting guard

I don't think they'll draft for fit unless it's a 50/50 decision.

I don't think they'll draft for fit unless it's a 50/50 decision.
    I guess but then at the same time your center position could use more depth hence why I think they should go big

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I guess but then at the same time your center position could use more depth hence why I think they should go big
    I donít think we will be adding a C unless itís an all star talent.

Looking at a new draft slot, I wonder what the FO approach will be. There are some players who have been quite touted heading into the season that have really fallen flat and seen their draft stock plummet (think BJ Boston last year). Patrick Baldwin, Caleb Houston, Yannick Nzosa were all potential lottery selection heading into the seasons. Any of them could see their names slip to the second round. Potential still exists, but the development is in question. I wonder if the Raptors take a high ceiling development prospect with that Detroit pick. The other thought is Julian Champagnie. Justin's twin brother has been considered the better of the two as a prospect and is projected as a second rounder. Seems like a safe pick if they like Justin's character makeup. Julian comes from the same stock.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast