Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Yankee Stadium is not deeper than the blue jays park in left field. Yankee Stadium is 318 in left. It's 333 in Toronto.
    you know what i meant 375 in left center in toronto.. while it is 399 in yankee stadium in left center.. and early on in the season those cold northwest winds will keep the ball in the park in yankee stadium while the roof will be closed in rogers centre..

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I found a trade that worked to get Nola from the padres but needed to take Hosmer. I thought about that, because I got rid of Hicks in the trade but Hosmer decline made me say, no..

I actually think the above lineup would be sustainable. You are going to lose Gallo and you can move hicks. That takes 20 mil off the books for you to sign JRam. Hopefully Dom is ready when Marte is done with control
    I just posted in the other thread an article about the Padres being willing to attach to attach a top 5 spec to Hosmer. If we could move Voit and get Campusano or Gore would u do that

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I just posted in the other thread an article about the Padres being willing to attach to attach a top 5 spec to Hosmer. If we could move Voit and get Campusano or Gore would u do that
    why would you even want to make a trade to get hosmer and his 1.0 war for a full season.. even rizzo produced more then hosmer last year.. i thought the goal was trying to win..hosmer gets 20 mil next year and if he does not opt out he has 3 more years at 39 million..

what ever happened to big spending in the off season to try and win.. that is how the yanks won in 2009 by going in the free agency and spending close to 500 million ... 21 years one title...are the yanks close to another title the way they are going it might be a very long time before they win another world series and some of us might not even be here when that happens..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    why would you even want to make a trade to get hosmer and his 1.0 war for a full season.. even rizzo produced more then hosmer last year.. i thought the goal was trying to win..hosmer gets 20 mil next year and if he does not opt out he has 3 more years at 39 million..
    Read the whole proposal, the point was not getting Hosmer, it was getting either a very good MLB ready catcher or Gore who has a chance to be a TORP

Reading isn't that hard

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    For Campusano, hell yes. I don't know enough about Gore. Grisham would be another guy I would take that type of deal.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 12-18-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    For Campusano, hell yes. I don't know enough about Gore. Grisham would be another guy I would take that type of deal.
    Yeah i think i would do that deal also for Campusano. Gore was the #3 overall pick a couple yrs ago, LHed starter who has 3 plus or better pitches and should be MLB ready this yr. With as packed as there rotation is, He's probably the top 5 spec they would most likely be willing to move.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12