Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Would ya? Judge for Harper. Straight up. No changes.

On the surface I thought, Of course! Lefty bat to balance Stanton. Great fielder. Would Likely put up absurd numbers at YS. But I thought about it and it wasn't as easy as I thought.

One thing is wear and tear. Harper has way more miles at the same age as Judge.

Their numbers are really similar.

Cost is the issue. Harper has 10 years left on his deal ending at age 38. The next 7 are at an 26 mil. The last 3 are at 22.

The question is, can the Yankees secure Judge for the next 7 years at the 30 or under range? Do they get him to sign a deal similar to Harper in that if they do go to a 10 year deal, the last 3-4 are significant drop offs in salary?

Even if they do, Harper gets 250 for the next 10 years. Judge would get likely get closer to 300 mil over 10

Harper has also been more consistent for a longer timeline. So although their numbers and defensive abilities are equal in the las 4 years, Harper has certainly done it for longer.

What do you think, Harper for Judge?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    On the surface I thought, Of course! Lefty bat to balance Stanton. Great fielder. Would Likely put up absurd numbers at YS. But I thought about it and it wasn't as easy as I thought.

One thing is wear and tear. Harper has way more miles at the same age as Judge.

Their numbers are really similar.

Cost is the issue. Harper has 10 years left on his deal ending at age 38. The next 7 are at an 26 mil. The last 3 are at 22.

The question is, can the Yankees secure Judge for the next 7 years at the 30 or under range? Do they get him to sign a deal similar to Harper in that if they do go to a 10 year deal, the last 3-4 are significant drop offs in salary?

Even if they do, Harper gets 250 for the next 10 years. Judge would get likely get closer to 300 mil over 10

Harper has also been more consistent for a longer timeline. So although their numbers and defensive abilities are equal in the las 4 years, Harper has certainly done it for longer.

What do you think, Harper for Judge?
    Until we know what the Judges contract extension looks like I really can't answer that question. If Judge would take something in the 7yr 210- 230 m range, I wouldn't make the trade. If Judge insist on something on a deal in the 10yr range, then i would make the deal.

What concerns me with Judge, and Stanton for that matter, is their size and how they will age. Other than Dave Winfield there have been very few players of that size and body type. Having both those guys on our team till there late 30's could be a big problem the last few yrs.

Thats a very tough question to answer when u factor in everything

This is a good question. Im thinking Judge will ultimately get a bigger contract than what Harper has. That plays a factor but not really a lot in my book. I would lean towards Harper for his athleticism and the lefty bat. Even in the latter part of his playing days he can still yank some over right field. Judge will get more money and hes a big dude how will the latter part of his days be????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    This is a good question. Im thinking Judge will ultimately get a bigger contract than what Harper has. That plays a factor but not really a lot in my book. I would lean towards Harper for his athleticism and the lefty bat. Even in the latter part of his playing days he can still yank some over right field. Judge will get more money and hes a big dude how will the latter part of his days be????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    judge turns 30 next april the most the yankees could or should give judge is 5 years ..at his size 6f7 282 how long do you think he would last?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    judge turns 30 next april the most the yankees could or should give judge is 5 years ..at his size 6f7 282 how long do you think he would last?
    Yet you think signing Correa who is far more injury prone, 10yrs at a minimum of 30M aav. Correa plays a far more physically demanding position.
    Judge is the far better player and face of the franchise, if they give that kind of money to anyone, it should be Judge

I wanted Harper in 2017. I'll stick with the home grown kid and face of the franchise. Although I don't expect Yankees to go long on him, 5 yrs maybe 7 tops. I think there is a good chance he walks.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I wanted Harper in 2017. I'll stick with the home grown kid and face of the franchise. Although I don't expect Yankees to go long on him, 5 yrs maybe 7 tops. I think there is a good chance he walks.
    If you think hes walking, whats he getting elsewhere?

I mean do these guys expect teams to sign them until they are 40? Id hate to see him go, but if it takes a 10/250+ Deal, bye Aaron, good luck to you

I'd take Harper over Judge without a doubt. Only downside is that Harper's already locked up for the next decade, whereas I doubt Judge's next contract will do the same. Harper's AAV is fairly reasonable though and will continue to look even more reasonable as the years tick by.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    If you think hes walking, whats he getting elsewhere?

I mean do these guys expect teams to sign them until they are 40? Id hate to see him go, but if it takes a 10/250+ Deal, bye Aaron, good luck to you
    Judge had his most productive season in 2021 since his rookie year, with 39 homers, 98 RBIs in 148 game, doing so as a team leader and model citizen. In faqct he led the Yankees in every offensive category: batting average (.287), home runs (39), RBI (98), on-base percentage (.373), slugging percentage (.544), OPS (.916) and WAR (5.9).
    Heres where Judge ranks among all position players since 2017.
    HR: 9th
    OPS+: 2nd
    OPS: 4th
    WAR: 6th

Now the bad news, Judge has only played in 397 games over that span. That means hes missed 149 games in four seasons. He will turn 30 soon .

Given the games played, according to Fangraphs, Judge has been worth $149.9M in his career thus far. Hes provided surplus value to the Yankees. Judge has been worth about five wins per year, even when factoring in the injuries. If were guessing a win is worth about $8M, do the math. Imo $30M / 5 doesn't get it done.

Judge is the face of the franchise and I'm not trading him except for a generational talent that is younger than him.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Homegrown is the sticking point for me. That is my emotional response
    My rational one is in agreement with Chapin. I would take the lefty bat with similar production and slightly better athleticism.

Ignorance is bliss

Judge had his most productive season in 2021 since his rookie year, with 39 homers, 98 RBIs in 148 game, doing so as a team leader and model citizen. In faqct he led the Yankees in every offensive category: batting average (.287), home runs (39), RBI (98), on-base percentage (.373), slugging percentage (.544), OPS (.916) and WAR (5.9).
    Heres where Judge ranks among all position players since 2017.
    HR: 9th
    OPS+: 2nd
    OPS: 4th
    WAR: 6th

Now the bad news, Judge has only played in 397 games over that span. That means hes missed 149 games in four seasons. He will turn 30 soon .

Given the games played, according to Fangraphs, Judge has been worth $149.9M in his career thus far. Hes provided surplus value to the Yankees. Judge has been worth about five wins per year, even when factoring in the injuries. If were guessing a win is worth about $8M, do the math. Imo $30M / 5 doesn't get it done.
    A 7/210ish deal I think is fair both ways. And he stays a Yankee for his whole career.

I really dont buy theres teams lining up to pay these guys 10/300 deals. Well see how this offseason plays out with the SS crop

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Homegrown is the sticking point for me. That is my emotional response
    My rational one is in agreement with Chapin. I would take the lefty bat with similar production and slightly better athleticism.
    No, not imo. Homegrown is as rational a response as any. It has value at the box office and the field. It has brand value as well, he's squeaky clean and represents himself and the organization very well. Being "the face of the franchise" has meaning and value. NY fans, particularly season ticket holders, (like myself for many years) attach special significance to players that come up thru the ranks. The Yankees track record has not been good cultivating their own homegrown talent. Judge is special in that regard, fans do not want to see him get away.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    A 7/210ish deal I think is fair both ways. And he stays a Yankee for his whole career.

I really dont buy theres teams lining up to pay these guys 10/300 deals. Well see how this offseason plays out with the SS crop
    I guess we wait and see. Many were saying similar things regarding Harper, Machado, Stras, even Arods extension. Harper got $330, Cole $324, Machado $300, Aroid $2754 back in '08.

That said, I do realize a lot of the hype (particularly numbers) is media driven and agent inspired and instigated.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yet you think signing Correa who is far more injury prone, 10yrs at a minimum of 30M aav. Correa plays a far more physically demanding position.
    Judge is the far better player and face of the franchise, if they give that kind of money to anyone, it should be Judge
    judge missed over 100 games between 2018 and 2019 he is injury prone at his size..more than a normal player would be..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast