Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What would u do if u guys were in charge.

Everyone has different idea's what we should do this off season. Lets hear what you guys would do.

U have 60m to add to the payroll and the only specs u can't trade are Volpe, Dom and Waldichuk. How would you guys spend that money? who would u trade for. For trades let use the simulator so they can be somewhat realistic https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trade-simulator/
    would love to hear your guys ideas

Trades to start, I would send Voit to the Brewers for specs, Gary to the Marlins for specs. That saves close to 13m

Catching options aren't great, especially with Stallings and Barnhart already being traded. I would trade Beck Way and a spec or 2 that we got back in the other deals for Carson Kelly who is scheduled to make 2.5m. I would like to find a younger C, Sands would have been perfect, to back up Kelly but for now I'll stick with Higgy. Since there isn't a rule V draft Breaux will be in AAA and could be an option if we need him later in the yr.

Sign Freeman to a 5yr 145m contract

I would trade Gil, Gio, Andujar, Wells and Vargas to AZ for Marte his AAV is around 5m

Cabrera, Flo and Gomez to Oak for Manaea

1 K Marte CF
    2 Judge RF
    3 Freeman 1st base
    4 Stanton DH
    5 DJ 3rd base
    6 Gallo LF
    7 Torres 2nd
    8 Kelley C
    9 Peraza SS

If U can't package Hicks for something he becomes the 4th OFer
    1 Cole
    2 Manaea
    3 Sevy
    4 Monty
    5 Taillon

I'll start the same way as Dayners with sending Voit to the Brewers for specs, Gary to the Marlins for specs. That saves close to 13m. Then assuming Judge is already getting $17 million in arbitration, use that additional $13 Million to sign him to a 7 year contract extension for $210 Million with 2 Vesting Option Years based on at bats which make him a Yankee for life.

Sign Freddie Freeman for 6 years and $180 million. I don't think there's any way he signs for a team for 5 years when he's already been offered 5 years by Atlanta and with the Dodgers interested in him. That uses up $30 million of the $60 million. (Backup is Rizzo for 2 years at $17 million plus a vesting option for a third year.)

Trade German for Contreras to solve our catching vacancy. Not sure how much salary this adds, probably about $3 million difference in salary.

Sign Seiya Suzuki for 7 years $77 Million. We might have to outbid teams and I can't see him getting less than $10 million per year for 5 -7 years, so this feels right, but might have to go to $84 million. & for 77 adds $11 million.

Then I'll pick up Dayners two other trades by trading Gil, Gio, Andujar, Wells and Vargas to AZ for Marte his AAV is around 5m and Cabrera, Flo and Gomez to Oak for Manaea picking up $11 million.

I haven't spent enough time to see about a Gallo trade, but trade Gallo worth 15.3 and Hicks -24, if we add Nestor's 8.8 to that we come out to zero and clear about $20 million in salary. So trade the 3 of them for a couple of prospects.

The use a portion of the $20 million to sign Rodon and a reliever.

To summarize, for $60 million, we get Freeman $30 million, Manaea $11 million, Seiya $11 million, Contreras - German $3 million, Marte $5 million, Judge extension - Sanchez and Voit -even dollars, Rodon and a reliever for Gallo, Hicks and Nestor.

Marte CF
    Judge RF
    Freeman 1B
    Stanton DH
    DJ 3B
    Suzuki LF
    Torres 2B
    Contreras C
    Peraza SS

1 Cole
    2 Rodon
    3) Manaea
    4) Sevy
    5) Monty

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I went HAM. HAM I say!

German, pereira, Sweeney, Green for Marte

Peraza, Gil, Torres, Vargas, Wells for J Ramirez

Cabrera, Gomez (P), Wesneskii- Manea

Voit to the Miami for C Nick Fortes

Sanchez for specs

The above moves add 14 mil so there is 46 mil left

Sign Freeman. 5 for 150. (30 AAV)
    Extend Judge 7 for 210

Marte CF
    Judge RF
    Ramirez 3B
    Stanton DH
    Freeman1B
    DJ 2B
    Gallo LF
    Higgy/Fortes C
    Gio SS

Cole
    Manea
    Sevy
    Monty
    Tallion

(Schmidt, Waldichuck, Medina)

Ignorance is bliss

ok mine sucks, very impressive stuff fellas

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I'll start the same way as Dayners with sending Voit to the Brewers for specs, Gary to the Marlins for specs. That saves close to 13m. Then assuming Judge is already getting $17 million in arbitration, use that additional $13 Million to sign him to a 7 year contract extension for $210 Million with 2 Vesting Option Years based on at bats which make him a Yankee for life.

Sign Freddie Freeman for 6 years and $180 million. I don't think there's any way he signs for a team for 5 years when he's already been offered 5 years by Atlanta and with the Dodgers interested in him. That uses up $30 million of the $60 million. (Backup is Rizzo for 2 years at $17 million plus a vesting option for a third year.)

Trade German for Contreras to solve our catching vacancy. Not sure how much salary this adds, probably about $3 million difference in salary.

Sign Seiya Suzuki for 7 years $77 Million. We might have to outbid teams and I can't see him getting less than $10 million per year for 5 -7 years, so this feels right, but might have to go to $84 million. & for 77 adds $11 million.

Then I'll pick up Dayners two other trades by trading Gil, Gio, Andujar, Wells and Vargas to AZ for Marte his AAV is around 5m and Cabrera, Flo and Gomez to Oak for Manaea picking up $11 million.

I haven't spent enough time to see about a Gallo trade, but trade Gallo worth 15.3 and Hicks -24, if we add Nestor's 8.8 to that we come out to zero and clear about $20 million in salary. So trade the 3 of them for a couple of prospects.

The use a portion of the $20 million to sign Rodon and a reliever.

To summarize, for $60 million, we get Freeman $30 million, Manaea $11 million, Seiya $11 million, Contreras - German $3 million, Marte $5 million, Judge extension - Sanchez and Voit -even dollars, Rodon and a reliever for Gallo, Hicks and Nestor.

Marte CF
    Judge RF
    Freeman 1B
    Stanton DH
    DJ 3B
    Suzuki LF
    Torres 2B
    Contreras C
    Peraza SS

1 Cole
    2 Rodon
    3) Manaea
    4) Sevy
    5) Monty
    U know what funny, when i was making my list I originally had signed Suzuki, signed Rendon and traded Gallo and Nestor. The only reason i didn't is because i wanted a 3rd LHed bat in the lineup. After thinking about it more I like your idea of signing Suzuki and trading Gallo. I think having a high contact, low K bat like Suzuki would be much more beneficial that having another LHed bat like Gallo.

I want Manaea and i think Rendon would be an excellent addition to our rotation. The only thing about Rendon that scares me is the injury history.

One question though what would u do with Taillon?? put him in the BP?

get freeman or correa if you get correa then trade for olsen.. i wanted ray he would have been perfect as a yankee.. yanks are taking a risk on the rotation...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    get freeman or correa if you get correa then trade for olsen.. i wanted ray he would have been perfect as a yankee.. yanks are taking a risk on the rotation...
    Ray was a horrible fit here, he's a fly ball pitcher that gives up alot of HRs .

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I went HAM. HAM I say!

German, pereira, Sweeney, Green for Marte

Peraza, Gil, Torres, Vargas, Wells for J Ramirez

Cabrera, Gomez (P), Wesneskii- Manaea

Voit to the Miami for C Nick Fortes

Sanchez for specs

The above moves add 14 mil so there is 46 mil left

Sign Freeman. 5 for 150. (30 AAV)
    Extend Judge 7 for 210

Marte CF
    Judge RF
    Ramirez 3B
    Stanton DH
    Freeman1B
    DJ 2B
    Gallo LF
    Higgy/Fortes C
    Gio SS

Cole
    Manea
    Sevy
    Monty
    Tallion

(Schmidt, Waldichuck, Medina)
    U did go Ham, LOL. If we were going all in the next 2yrs it would be hard to argue with a single move that u made. Volpe takes over for Gio when he's ready and we still have some great arms to come up and contribute. Dom takes over CF, if he doesn't get to big, in a couple yrs.

Only guys i think we would really miss are Wesneski and Peraza. That said the idea of K Marte, J ram, Judge, Freeman, Stanton, DJ and Gallo in the same lineup is naughty. I love switch hitters with speed and power like Marte and J Ram. Gallo wouldn't be a main cog in the offense but being in that spot in the order with those guys in front of him would make him an incredibly dangerous bat. If you have a guy hitting 7th who will likely hit 40hrs, thats dangerous.

I keep going back to the C position though, there isn't any easy fix there is there? The Yankees really need to start investing in at least one good C spec every yr in the draft or IFA. They don't have to be 1st rounders, or 7 figure signings but they should strengthen that pipeline. Look at guys like Murphy and Stallings, neither were high pick but they turned into top defensive C.

I'd rally like to see them get some better Catching coaches than Tanner Swanson. They should bring back Kratz and make him a catching coach, he's a great working with younger players. With as valuable as C are and as hard as they are to get a hold of, it should be an area they focus more on IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Ray was a horrible fit here, he's a fly ball pitcher that gives up alot of HRs .
    he was great as a jay last yaar he finally found control.. and yankee stadium is deeper in left then in toronto

so do you think monty tailon or even sevy will have a better season next year then ray? i don't!

he was great as a jay last yaar he finally found control.. and yankee stadium is deeper in left then in toronto

so do you think monty tailon or even sevy will have a better season next year then ray? i don't!
    Ray gave up the 2nd most HRs in all of the American league and 3rd most in BB, thats not a good fit in YS. Taillon, no i don't think he'll be better than Ray but Taillon isn't going to be our #2 like Ray would have expected to be. If Sevy stays healthy, i think there is a very good chance he's better than Ray next yr.

I would much rather have Rendon or Manaea than Ray. 1 good yr where things finally clicked doesn't inspire alot of confidence especially when that season is his age 30 season. I think he made a huge mistake leaving the pitching coach that finally helped him figure him his control out and he won't have nearly as good of defense behind him next yr

U know what funny, when i was making my list I originally had signed Suzuki, signed Rendon and traded Gallo and Nestor. The only reason i didn't is because i wanted a 3rd LHed bat in the lineup. After thinking about it more I like your idea of signing Suzuki and trading Gallo. I think having a high contact, low K bat like Suzuki would be much more beneficial that having another LHed bat like Gallo.

I want Manaea and i think Rendon would be an excellent addition to our rotation. The only thing about Rendon that scares me is the injury history.

One question though what would u do with Taillon?? put him in the BP?
    Yes. Coming off surgery, he probably won't be available for at least a month anyway and who's to say the other 5 last an entire year's workload. I'm optimistic about Rodon and Sexy, but who knows?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    U did go Ham, LOL. If we were going all in the next 2yrs it would be hard to argue with a single move that u made. Volpe takes over for Gio when he's ready and we still have some great arms to come up and contribute. Dom takes over CF, if he doesn't get to big, in a couple yrs.

Only guys i think we would really miss are Wesneski and Peraza. That said the idea of K Marte, J ram, Judge, Freeman, Stanton, DJ and Gallo in the same lineup is naughty. I love switch hitters with speed and power like Marte and J Ram. Gallo wouldn't be a main cog in the offense but being in that spot in the order with those guys in front of him would make him an incredibly dangerous bat. If you have a guy hitting 7th who will likely hit 40hrs, thats dangerous.

I keep going back to the C position though, there isn't any easy fix there is there? The Yankees really need to start investing in at least one good C spec every yr in the draft or IFA. They don't have to be 1st rounders, or 7 figure signings but they should strengthen that pipeline. Look at guys like Murphy and Stallings, neither were high pick but they turned into top defensive C.

I'd rally like to see them get some better Catching coaches than Tanner Swanson. They should bring back Kratz and make him a catching coach, he's a great working with younger players. With as valuable as C are and as hard as they are to get a hold of, it should be an area they focus more on IMO
    I found a trade that worked to get Nola from the padres but needed to take Hosmer. I thought about that, because I got rid of Hicks in the trade but Hosmer decline made me say, no..

I actually think the above lineup would be sustainable. You are going to lose Gallo and you can move hicks. That takes 20 mil off the books for you to sign JRam. Hopefully Dom is ready when Marte is done with control

Ignorance is bliss

How do you know what the rotation will be? They haven't made a move yet and won't be for awhile.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Yankee Stadium is not deeper than the blue jays park in left field. Yankee Stadium is 318 in left. It's 333 in Toronto.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast