Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I visit only because I am asked by the family.

ok, back to Baines. You are confusing best active DH at the moment vs retiring as the best DH of all time for a career. It's the later that matters.
    I'm not confusing anything. Baines offensive numbers for the last 3 years were below replacement level. His career OPS+ was 21% above league average (not particularly impressive) and with the White Sox it was 18% above league average (not impressive either).
    I will not call for his removal from the Hall, but I would not have voted to elect him.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Even prime A-rod? [emoji848][emoji848][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji50][emoji50]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Whoa! I wouldn't go that far.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Today we find out, once again, that the HOF voters are out to ****ing lunch. Ortiz will be the only new inductee.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Today we find out, once again, that the HOF voters are out to ****ing lunch. Ortiz will be the only new inductee.
    Is this confirmed or you just guessing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    You keep saying it but itís not true.

When Baines retired, Martinez had better numbers at DH even though he (Martinez) didnít retire until a few years later. It can be argued that Thomas even had better numbers at the time Baines retired too.

You donít ignore active players when someone retires.
    Gosh, he was still playing. Immediately disqualifies. Ineligible to be voted in. You (and others) keep bringing up invalid cases. stop. just stop.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I'm not confusing anything. Baines offensive numbers for the last 3 years were below replacement level. His career OPS+ was 21% above league average (not particularly impressive) and with the White Sox it was 18% above league average (not impressive either).
    I will not call for his removal from the Hall, but I would not have voted to elect him.
    Again at the position (DH) he was the best at retirement. You have made no arguments otherwise.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Gosh, he was still playing. Immediately disqualifies. Ineligible to be voted in. You (and others) keep bringing up invalid cases. stop. just stop.
    So at the time someone retires you only can look at players retired before them?

Hey these guys have greater numbers than me, I better retire now so Iím the greatest DH to retire first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Is this confirmed or you just guessing?
    Not confirmed but 99.5% chance of being completely true.

So at the time someone retires you only can look at players retired before them?

Hey these guys have greater numbers than me, I better retire now so Iím the greatest DH to retire first.
    That could be an ingenious strategy in the world of brett05!

Future first ballot HOFer Brett Gardner!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Barry Bonds is better than the BBWAA. It's a joke that one association gets to decide who is a HOFer using their own standards and bias opinions.

Ortiz moonwalks to the HOF with a positive test (even if it was later denied), other players make it to the HOF with rumors and suspiscions like bagwell, Piazza and Pudge.

And yet they decide to keep Bonds out just because they pretty much hated him, especially the writers who were working around him when he was active and he was a jerk to most of them.

This is a joke.

Awesome Ortiz got I'm just awesome

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Barry Bonds is better than the BBWAA. It's a joke that one association gets to decide who is a HOFer using their own standards and bias opinions.

Ortiz moonwalks to the HOF with a positive test (even if it was later denied), other players make it to the HOF with rumors and suspiscions like bagwell, Piazza and Pudge.

And yet they decide to keep Bonds out just because they pretty much hated him, especially the writers who were working around him when he was active and he was a jerk to most of them.

This is a joke.
    I agree with you. To play devil's advocate though: did Roger Clemens have the same sort of relationship with the press?

I fully believe Bonds' relationship with the press played in to his omission from the HOF but I don't think it was as significant as his PED ties. Either way about it, it's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I agree with you. To play devil's advocate though: did Roger Clemens have the same sort of relationship with the press?

I fully believe Bonds' relationship with the press played in to his omission from the HOF but I don't think it was as significant as his PED ties. Either way about it, it's beyond ridiculous at this point.
    With Clemens I think Pettitte's statement that Clemens was present and knew that Andy was taking PEDs and then Roger denying it and looking like an *** doing so made his case look just horrible.

We don't know who did what and how at this point. Some trying to deny it and looked horrible doing so either in private, public or even worst in front of Congress and then there are those who faced the heat and told their truth and still got punished.

But I blame everything on Bud Selig and the MLBPA who wouldn't do **** to protect the game and the records and the clean players from 1987-1992 when back then only a few were rumored to use PEDs and they just decided to close their eyes and cash in on the whole situation (and everyone even us fans gained on the whole steroids, media and writers included).

Either way this stinks; for the HOF, the BBWAA and the MLB.

Yeah, Selig is trash.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast