Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think his best fit is as a 4 who plays most at the elbow out with the ball to either score or move the ball to create for others with screens, PnRs, and DHOs. He's not a star but he can push a team forward overall.
    But who's the 5? If they can't seem to make it work with him and Turner, who will he work with? At that point, your 5 needs to be able to stretch the floor and defend that rim. I mean, maybe you can make it work with like a Porzingas type. Maybe KAT or someone is an okay fit. But even KAT himself is not a good defender and while the offensive fit might work, the defensive fit would be rough.

I think realistically he's a 5 on a team that emphasizes good team defense and perimeter cutoffs that doesn't prioritize rim protection. And then you get 3 to 4 other perimeter oriented offensive players. But that's a relatively unique team though too.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 12-27-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But who's the 5? If they can't seem to make it work with him and Turner, who will he work with? At that point, your 5 needs to be able to stretch the floor and defend that rim. I mean, maybe you can make it work with like a Porzingas type. Maybe KAT or someone is an okay fit. But even KAT himself is not a good defender and while the offensive fit might work, the defensive fit would be rough.

I think realistically he's a 5 on a team that emphasizes good team defense and perimeter cutoffs that doesn't prioritize rim protection. And then you get 3 to 4 other perimeter oriented offensive players. But that's a relatively unique team though too.
    A defensive minded dunker who doesn't need the offense run for them or through them would work. Sabonis would slide down to 5 some too. The shooting would mostly be coming from the 3 wings. It's got to be a pace and space system probably.

Pacers leaning towards rebuilding

He actually worked pretty well with Turner and there are plenty of successful units that donít have 4 guys that are totally legit 3 point threats.

Are the Heat Ok with Bam and Jimmy Butler on the floor together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He actually worked pretty well with Turner and there are plenty of successful units that donít have 4 guys that are totally legit 3 point threats.

Are the Heat Ok with Bam and Jimmy Butler on the floor together?
    It seemed the issue there was how the coach wanted to run things and not enough shot opportunities. I don't think those are issue Bam and Butler have.

Is Turner really worth 2 first round picks? And if so than what is Sabonis worth?

Turner is a role player. A good one but a role player nevertheless. 1 year left in his contract and is currently injured. That commands two first round picks

Maybe a contender whoís first rounders fall in the 25-30 range ? Or heavily protected?

I just think they are way over valuing what they can get for him. Or am I off in my evaluation?

I'll trade Dragic, Precious Achuiwa and a 1st for Turner.

Then Blazers will trade a top 3 pick, another piece (maybe another pick or young piecet hey get if they trade RoCo/Nurkic at deadline) and filler for Sabonis.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I'll trade Dragic, Precious Achuiwa and a 1st for Turner.

Then Blazers will trade a top 3 pick, another piece (maybe another pick or young piecet hey get if they trade RoCo/Nurkic at deadline) and filler for Sabonis.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Is Turner really worth 2 first round picks? And if so than what is Sabonis worth?

Turner is a role player. A good one but a role player nevertheless. 1 year left in his contract and is currently injured. That commands two first round picks

Maybe a contender whoís first rounders fall in the 25-30 range ? Or heavily protected?

I just think they are way over valuing what they can get for him. Or am I off in my evaluation?
    Him being banged up is tough, but his game at least in theory translates everywhere. He's a big who can defend the rim and doesnt need to clog the paint. There's absolutely value there. And 2 first for a team who's a perennial playoff contender is basically nothing.

Him being banged up is tough, but his game at least in theory translates everywhere. He's a big who can defend the rim and doesnt need to clog the paint. There's absolutely value there. And 2 first for a team who's a perennial playoff contender is basically nothing.
    I love his skill set. Itís unique. How many 5s can be a rim protector with elite shot blocking and spread the floor on the other end.

But he has 1 year left on that contract and is banged up. A team giving up two first rounders and running the risk of him walking next year would be a tough pill to swallow.

The only thing I can really think of is a contender who doesnít value its picks in the short term and those pics would be in the 25-30 range anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I love his skill set. Itís unique. How many 5s can be a rim protector with elite shot blocking and spread the floor on the other end.

But he has 1 year left on that contract and is banged up. A team giving up two first rounders and running the risk of him walking next year would be a tough pill to swallow.

The only thing I can really think of is a contender who doesnít value its picks in the short term and those pics would be in the 25-30 range anyways.
    Even picks in the late teens really aren't consistently that valuable. But maybe a team can talk them into a younger ish player and pick. I know they don't have their pick this year, but if I'm a team like Charlotte, I'd be strongly considering a move for turner if his health checks out. They aren't a huge FA destination. They have a very good young guy in Ball. Show him you want to win. Show him you want to build around him and try to win a little when he's young. Don't constantly rebuild to the point he asks out in 2 years.

Teams like Charlotte tend to hoard picks all the time. By teams like Charlotte I mean teams with a few young dudes. They think they're gonna hit on another pick and get a Durant, Westbrook, Harden young core. But that is super rare. And then what happens is you're the pelicans and have zero winning to show for having Davis with no future and he demands out. Dont risk it with Ball. Ball, Rozier and Bridges is fun. Hayward is a solid dude. They have no real bigs. Washington isn't a center. Go get a center who can clean up some of the defensive issues you may have and can bang with guys like embiid in the playoffs and can also stretch the floor and let Ball do his thing. Is it going to win them a ring? Probably not, but if a few thugs break right, they maybe have a chance and they at least can get a few playoff appearances under their belt prior to Ball really hitting FA.

Even picks in the late teens really aren't consistently that valuable. But maybe a team can talk them into a younger ish player and pick. I know they don't have their pick this year, but if I'm a team like Charlotte, I'd be strongly considering a move for turner if his health checks out. They aren't a huge FA destination. They have a very good young guy in Ball. Show him you want to win. Show him you want to build around him and try to win a little when he's young. Don't constantly rebuild to the point he asks out in 2 years.

Teams like Charlotte tend to hoard picks all the time. By teams like Charlotte I mean teams with a few young dudes. They think they're gonna hit on another pick and get a Durant, Westbrook, Harden young core. But that is super rare. And then what happens is you're the pelicans and have zero winning to show for having Davis with no future and he demands out. Dont risk it with Ball. Ball, Rozier and Bridges is fun. Hayward is a solid dude. They have no real bigs. Washington isn't a center. Go get a center who can clean up some of the defensive issues you may have and can bang with guys like embiid in the playoffs and can also stretch the floor and let Ball do his thing. Is it going to win them a ring? Probably not, but if a few thugs break right, they maybe have a chance and they at least can get a few playoff appearances under their belt prior to Ball really hitting FA.
    Like you said he can fit almost anywhere because of his skill set. Charlotte could work as good as any place.

He would also be a perfect fit on the raptors mavs blazers warriors etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Interesting, that would almost guarantee that Levert would be traded too because I assume they would go with a Fox/Brgodon back court while moving Duarte to the 3.

wow

Maybe a 3 way trade would work for all party involve 76ers-Pacers-Kings

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast