Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

12/7 Game #24 New York Knicks (11-12) @ San Antonio Spurs (8-13): Festivus!

Tis the Season: Knicks fans are airing their grievances. Feats of strength from the players. New York is the birthright for Knicks drama. Meanwhile the New York Rangers are 4th best team in their conference, on a 7 game win streak.

The Airing of Grievances:

1. The Color of Money: Julius Randle reverted to his old bad habits of being a ball stopper. His shooting and passing numbers are down while his turnovers per game have increased. I just don't see the same sense of urgency as last season. The good news, Julius Randle acknowledges his faults. Step one to solving a problem: Admitting you have one.

2. Hustle & Flow: RJ Barrett was called out for not working harder on his shooting. As a result, his shooting numbers (over the last 10 games) have deteriorated. The other problem being, Barrett can't create his own shot. He needs someone to get the ball to him. RJ has to be assertive, demanding the ball. I still think he can get it back. He has to or Scott Perry is fired.

3. Overcooked: Everyone around the league knew Kemba Walker's knees were done. Charlotte knew it. Boston knew it. OKC definitely knew it. Knicks Front Office, kinda. They hoped he had a couple drops left from the squeeze rag. His role as a back up sounds like the best case scenario of an ugly situation. At least it shouldn't further complicate the offense, allowing Randle to have his way. The Knicks owe Kemba $9M next season.

4. Day-by-Day: All talk. Fans talking nonsense. Mitchell Robinson doesn't look to be this break out player. Here's the worst part. I think Mitchell Robinson has Yao foot. In other words, since the surgery, he no longer has the athleticism and versatility to cover someone as quick as Durant on the perimeter or a center like Embiid in the post. He looks lethargic. It's interesting that a guy whose who job is to defend and grab rebounds, can't average double digit rebounds in his career. His offense is non-existent. Re-sign Mitch? Maybe $8M/season.

5. Patience, support, & Payoff: Dejounte Murray is another product of the Spurs development system. Took him about 5 seasons (lost one due to injury) to blossom. The Spurs Front Office has a commitment to their players that you don't see on the Knicks. Pretty sure if Murray was a Knick, he'd be sitting next to Frank Ntilikina and Kevin Knox. The Knicks want to develop players but have a 2-3 year time limit. Spurs truly know how to keep their payroll modest and then continue to develop. What this does, when the Spurs have their Uber bad season, they'll get a lottery pick and that pick will be around a very deep team of role players who know where they contribute.

Thibs promises changes. Intrigued to see what happens. Maybe he'll humiliate Julius Randle by starting Obi Toppin. I'd like to see that. Let's put ALL the cards on the table. The Spurs are quietly in rebuild mode. This should be a win, right? Let's GO KNICKS!

I hope we don't lose this guy next year, he'd probably help us now but where?

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    1h
    Interesting timing with former Spurs first-rounder Luka Samanic being named G League Player of Week with Knicks in Alamo City.

12/7 Game #24 New York Knicks (11-12) @ San Antonio Spurs (8-13): Festivus!

Thibs dropping F bombs live on the air.

They might want to mute the mic over there. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I hope we don't lose this guy next year, he'd probably help us now but where?

Marc Berman
    @NYPost_Berman
    ·
    1h
    Interesting timing with former Spurs first-rounder Luka Samanic being named G League Player of Week with Knicks in Alamo City.
    Why haven't we recalled him already?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

We are evenly matched with the Spurs ....

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Suddenly spurs firing now. This is a point where thibs should make lineup subs and he's not doing it

Mitch is significantly better than Noel. Mitch has active hands and can actually grab loose balls something Noel never does.

Obiiiiii

Obi in for the 2 points and Obi out before the end of the qtr.

Didn't matter that Grimes is a good perimeter defender because the Spurs still hit the 3.

Obi just puts a ball in the hoop and gets taken out?

Thibs thought grimes would stop a three by Mac.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Mitch is significantly better than Noel. Mitch has active hands and can actually grab loose balls something Noel never does.
    Starters look a little more fluid with Noel IMO. He just moves around more. Both guys aren’t very good, Mitch is better, but “fit” is better with Noel in the slow and stagnant starting lineup I think.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    Obi just puts a ball in the hoop and gets taken out?
    He’s gonna go right back in. Thibs makes subs for final possessions all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    Thibs thought grimes would stop a three by Mac.
    Nope.
    Thibs wastes time with stupid moves like this but then starts Noel a guy who is a complete negative out there.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast