Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPride View Post
    Rumors are that top 3 options for Adofo are DeMeco, Raheem, and Kevin O'Connell
    Raheem has the most experience, Kevin has the O mind, and DeMeco has the cool name and D mind.

Who is the best leader? Who is the best manager?

(I am rooting for DeMeco because my dog shares part of his name)

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPride View Post
    Rumors are that top 3 options for Adofo are DeMeco, Raheem, and Kevin O'Connell
    I like all 3 of those candidates a lot. Of the three i’d rank them:

1. Morris
    2. O’Connell

3. Ryans

Morris vs. O’Connell is a tough one for me. I like the idea of hiring the next great offensive mind as head coach, O’Connell could be just that. But I also like the head coaching experience and leader of men aspect from Morris. Morris has experience on offense with McVay and Shannahan too, which gives him the nod for me. Ryans is a semi distant 3rd because he is a defensive guy with no head coaching experience, but a lot of people think he’s going to be a good head coach so i wouldn’t mind it.

Not remotely saying Ryans IS Tomlin....but if he were hired as HC now, he'd be following a similar path.........Tomlin only had the 1 year as a DC (with us) after a few years as a position group coach before becoming HC
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Raheem has the most experience, Kevin has the O mind, and DeMeco has the cool name and D mind.

Who is the best leader? Who is the best manager?

(I am rooting for DeMeco because my dog shares part of his name)
    I'm just ready to get our head coach now. Hurry up😁

Here's Raheem with his players

Raheem Morris is probably my favorite right now but I am also intrigued by DeMeco Ryans. Morris is probably the best leader of the group or at least it seems that way through the things I'm reading. I guess at the end of the day it really depends on the staff they put around them. They both have connections to the Shanahan tree and our offense is already built around basically the same scheme so I imagine we will see another OC from that tree.

If Ryans is able to bring Kris Kocurek with him then he would become my favorite. Kocurek is everything we imagine Andre Patterson is. Kocurek is likely to be a DC one day anyway so let's bring him here to do it.
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

Raheem Morris, like Todd Bowles, to some has a somewhat negative connotation because they failed as HC their first time around.......however, Raheem was thrown to the fire in Tampa at 33 yrs old having never even been a coordinator at the NFL level (and just 1 yr at college level).......and a front office that simply wasn't very good.

Now his D has shut down Kyler Murray and Tom Brady in back to back playoff wins.

With what's still 'out there', unless KAM expands our search to include guys like Daboll, I rescind my desire for an offensive minded coach, because the two 'favorites' at this point....are D guys

Let's say it's Morris or Ryans.......what OC could they bring in?
    Mike Kafka KC- but he may move up or follow him if Bienemy leaves
    Mike McDaniel or Jon Embree could follow Demeco
    Pep Hamilton of LAC

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Raheem Morris, like Todd Bowles, to some has a somewhat negative connotation because they failed as HC their first time around.......however, Raheem was thrown to the fire in Tampa at 33 yrs old having never even been a coordinator at the NFL level (and just 1 yr at college level).......and a front office that simply wasn't very good.

Now his D has shut down Kyler Murray and Tom Brady in back to back playoff wins.

With what's still 'out there', unless KAM expands our search to include guys like Daboll, I rescind my desire for an offensive minded coach, because the two 'favorites' at this point....are D guys

Let's say it's Morris or Ryans.......what OC could they bring in?
    Mike Kafka KC- but he may move up or follow him if Bienemy leaves
    Mike McDaniel or Jon Embree could follow Demeco
    Pep Hamilton of LAC
    The 49ers could block McDaniel because he won't be getting a promotion. Most likely it'll be another first time OC.
    2022 Vikings Draft:

Not remotely saying Ryans IS Tomlin....but if he were hired as HC now, he'd be following a similar path.........Tomlin only had the 1 year as a DC (with us) after a few years as a position group coach before becoming HC
    Mike Vrabel also

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    The 49ers could block McDaniel because he won't be getting a promotion. Most likely it'll be another first time OC.
    not that I think we need him specifically, but if he's made Asst HC/OC does that matter? or would SF just do the same thing (window dressing) if they wanted to block

I'd be more than happy with a 1st time OC.....as long as he's not the son of an old school run first coach who had success as a HC back when run first was the order of the day

not that I think we need him specifically, but if he's made Asst HC/OC does that matter? or would SF just do the same thing (window dressing) if they wanted to block

I'd be more than happy with a 1st time OC.....as long as he's not the son of an old school run first coach who had success as a HC back when run first was the order of the day
    I'm not sure if adding an additional title to OC makes any difference. It might but I don't know. I just know that lateral moves can be blocked by teams.
    2022 Vikings Draft:

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627