Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

2021 Likely Roethlisberger's Final Season

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...burgh-steelers

Solid career, but not quite Hall of Fame imo even though he'll undoubtedly get in.
    Last edited by d.m.g.; 12-04-2021 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d.m.g. View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...burgh-steelers

Solid career, but not quite Hall of Fame imo even though he'll undoubtedly get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Zero MVPs. Never even came close.

Zero All-Pros, first or second.

Played poorly in all three Super Bowls. Most people will point to the game-winning touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes in SB43, but that Arizona pass defense was historically awful. It was even worse than the winless Detroit team from the same year.

Didn't revolutionize the game in any way.

Never truly played at an elite level, even during the Killer B's era.
    Last edited by d.m.g.; 12-04-2021 at 07:59 PM.

Zero MVPs.

Played poorly in all three Super Bowls. Most people will point to the game-winning touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes in SB43, but that Arizona pass defense was historically awful. It was even worse than the winless Detroit team from the same year.

I think he's a HOFer but I also think Rivers is too. If Rivers isn't worthy neither are.

Zero MVPs.

Ok man.

2021 Likely Roethlisberger's Final Season

There might be 3 hall of fame QBs from that draft. Personally, I think rivers is the best followed by Ben then Eli but obviously Ben and Eli both have 2 Super Bowls each and rivers doesnít even have 1. If Eli gets in I think all 3 should get in.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    There might be 3 hall of fame QBs from that draft. Personally, I think rivers is the best followed by Ben then Eli but obviously Ben and Eli both have 2 Super Bowls each and rivers doesnít even have 1. If Eli gets in I think all 3 should get in.
    Eli has just as much hardware as Ben, more Super Bowl moments and the celebrity status of being a Manning. He's basically Joe Namath minus the physical tools.

Another player brady out lasted. I know its not a brady thread but its amazing.

Good career ben not quite hof worthy like has been stated but he'll get in probably

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

2 Super Bowl rings
    3 Super Bowls played in
    6th (likely will be 5th) all time in yards
    8th all time in TDs
    14th all time in career passer rating
    3rd all time in 4th quarter comebacks
    6x Pro Bowler
    2004 ROY

Resumes like that get in the HOF.

Probably Philip, Eli, and Ben will all make it into the HOF.

They'd certainly qualify for the "fame" part.

On merit alone, Ken Anderson should make it before those three. At least he was the best QB in the league at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Probably Philip, Eli, and Ben will all make it into the HOF.

They'd certainly qualify for the "fame" part.

On merit alone, Ken Anderson should make it before those three. At least he was the best QB in the league at one point.
    I canít get behind that last point. I donít think this qualifies for Eli (he doesnít deserve HOF if not for the 2 SB) but the context of the era matters. Ben and rivers probably were in that top 7 QB majority of there careers with pushing top 3-5 some seasons. But when Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and P Manning are playing basically the same years as you, itís more understandable not having MVPs and/or being the best QB in a given year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I canít get behind that last point. I donít think this qualifies for Eli (he doesnít deserve HOF if not for the 2 SB) but the context of the era matters. Ben and rivers probably were in that top 7 QB majority of there careers with pushing top 3-5 some seasons. But when Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and P Manning are playing basically the same years as you, itís more understandable not having MVPs and/or being the best QB in a given year.
    And only 1 of this 4 have more playoff game winning drives than Ben. (Brady 14, Ben 4, Brees 3, Rodgers 2, PManning 2)

In terms of pure playoff comebacks only Brady has more. (9, Ben has 3, PManning 2, Rodgers 1, Brees 0)

Game winning drives (games played):
    Manning 54 (266)
    Brees 53 (287)
    Brady 51 (312)
    Roethlisberger 51 (243)
    Rodgers 27 (208)

That means PManning had a game winning drive 20% of the time, Brees had one 18% of the time, Brady 16% of the time, Rodgers 13% of the time, Big Ben 21% of the time.

How about this for crazy:
    Ben has a lower INT% than PManning, Marino, Elway.
    Ben has the same or better TD% than Marino, Moon, Elway, Aikman.

Ben gets very underrated for his play by many fans. They just remember the first SB, forget how good he was in the second. Then how he changed his game into a near elite passer for a long time. Only QB ever with back to back 6 TD games. He has the most 500 yard games in NFL history (3 regular season, 1 post season) with Brees and Brady being the only other 2 with multiple (2 each). Heís 3rd in 5+ TD (passing) games.

2 Super Bowl rings
    3 Super Bowls played in
    6th (likely will be 5th) all time in yards
    8th all time in TDs
    14th all time in career passer rating
    3rd all time in 4th quarter comebacks
    6x Pro Bowler
    2004 ROY

Resumes like that get in the HOF.

And the toughest SOB qb since the 90s

Next Pittsburgh QB is gonna have to play with an amputation to get the fans on his side. Could you imagine if the next guy is like Jimmy G. Broken nail can't play meanwhile Ben is a corpse and still makes throws

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

I thought LAST year was his last season....he's still playing?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

And only 1 of this 4 have more playoff game winning drives than Ben. (Brady 14, Ben 4, Brees 3, Rodgers 2, PManning 2)

In terms of pure playoff comebacks only Brady has more. (9, Ben has 3, PManning 2, Rodgers 1, Brees 0)

Game winning drives (games played):
    Manning 54 (266)
    Brees 53 (287)
    Brady 51 (312)
    Roethlisberger 51 (243)
    Rodgers 27 (208)

That means PManning had a game winning drive 20% of the time, Brees had one 18% of the time, Brady 16% of the time, Rodgers 13% of the time, Big Ben 21% of the time.

How about this for crazy:
    Ben has a lower INT% than PManning, Marino, Elway.
    Ben has the same or better TD% than Marino, Moon, Elway, Aikman.

Ben gets very underrated for his play by many fans. They just remember the first SB, forget how good he was in the second. Then how he changed his game into a near elite passer for a long time. Only QB ever with back to back 6 TD games. He has the most 500 yard games in NFL history (3 regular season, 1 post season) with Brees and Brady being the only other 2 with multiple (2 each). Heís 3rd in 5+ TD (passing) games.

I've already said I think he's a HOFer, but he played nearly half of his career with a top 5 defense. Great defense is a good way to keep scores low and allow GWDs if the offense struggles. Look at Wilson in Seattle.

18 of Ben's 50 GWDs were won with 20 or less points. I'm sure a lot of his playoff wins were mostly defensive efforts that a lot of QBs would win. Just some things to consider regarding his resume.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast