Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    This is a great point. The only young QBs still with potential upside is Fields and Trey Lance. The only established young QBs are Murray and Hurts. The window for Murray's rookie deal is running out and I don't think Hurts will ever become a stud. If we hit on a young QB in the next 1-2 years we could be legit leaders in the NFC.
    It at least puts us at a huge edge. Like you said. Murray will be paid by then. The Cowboys are the Cowboys. We need to find a QB better then Fields and Lance. If we do that, and build a team around them, now is the time to do that. Trying to keep up with Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady and Matt Stafford in their last 2 years with Jimmy G and an average roster around him just to me doesn't make sense.

Sooooo many potential QB changes, so many teams who may have a new starter come this fall.
    and now rumors that more teams may change QBs depending on the new HC they hire

i.e. What would Justin Fields yield in a trade if the new HC isn't sold on him?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Sooooo many potential QB changes, so many teams who may have a new starter come this fall.
    and now rumors that more teams may change QBs depending on the new HC they hire

i.e. What would Justin Fields yield in a trade if the new HC isn't sold on him?
    Nothing bc he's terrible

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Nothing bc he's terrible

and they traded up in the 1st, giving up another 1st this year and a couple other picks to get him
    I'd disagree with 'he's terrible', but I'd certainly agree with 'his trade value is nowhere near what they paid to get him'

I'd forgotten the Bears traded from 3 to 2 to get Trubisky...

so drafting Trubisky cost that pick (with Mahomes, Watson and the likes of Jamal Adams and Christian McCaffrey available) plus the 3 picks they gave up....SF traded both 2017 picks (first one eventually became Kamara)

So, they got 3 years of mostly mediocre QB play for those 4 picks and now, depending on what happens with Fields, an even larger amount of draft capital for whatever they get from him.

......I now feel at least a little better about the capital we've spent on CBs in recent years

and they traded up in the 1st, giving up another 1st this year and a couple other picks to get him
    I'd disagree with 'he's terrible', but I'd certainly agree with 'his trade value is nowhere near what they paid to get him'
    Chicago should just stop trading up for QBs. Gave up an arm and a leg for Mitch, then did the same for Fields. Not smart.

Yea i agree Fields and Lance both stink. I really canít wait to move on from Cousins and start the next search for our franchise QB. It might not come in this yearís draft (who knows), but weíre in a good spot to pick one at 12 if we really like a guy. I donít mind signing a guy like Jimmy G once the niners cut him as a one year stop gap at 10-12 million, regardless if we take a QB in this yearís draft or if we wait til next year. Competition is always good.

Imagine we hired Doug Pederson, drafted a QB at 12 and signed Nick Foles to compete lol. That would be extremely weird to see after what they did to us in the NFC title game.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Yea i agree Fields and Lance both stink. I really canít wait to move on from Cousins and start the next search for our franchise QB. It might not come in this yearís draft (who knows), but weíre in a good spot to pick one at 12 if we really like a guy. I donít mind signing a guy like Jimmy G once the niners cut him as a one year stop gap at 10-12 million, regardless if we take a QB in this yearís draft or if we wait til next year. Competition is always good.

Imagine we hired Doug Pederson, drafted a QB at 12 and signed Nick Foles to compete lol. That would be extremely weird to see after what they did to us in the NFC title game.
    haven't seen near enough of Lance to make such a statement....or even Fields for that matter

Trevor Lawrence' 1st year stats are basically the same Fields'.......does he stink and the Jags should consider moving on?

the question is...how do their teams view their potential now compared to draft day?

haven't seen near enough of Lance to make such a statement....or even Fields for that matter

Trevor Lawrence' 1st year stats are basically the same Fields'.......does he stink and the Jags should consider moving on?

the question is...how do their teams view their potential now compared to draft day?
    Fields and Lance in their rookie action simply didnít look like they can win consistently from the pocket. They just arenít good passers IMO. Despite the turnovers and low touchdown totals, i saw a guy that can climb the pocket and make the necessary throws that an NFL QB needs to make to win in this league when i watched Lawrence. It didnít help that he had probably the worst nfl head coach of all time on his sideline either. Next year will be huge for all 3 of the for sure.

All I know is Kirk Cousins is not Mahomes or Allen. WOW, that was f'n crazy. But if it helps no one else is either lol.

This still does not hide the fact that Kirk is a top 10-12 QB and you can win with him, just need things to fall in place better than for the latter. It's wishful thinking to think you can hit on Allen or Mahomes type. Maybe you can hit on a Herbert type. I kind of like Pickett off of initial minimal fame watch.

Rumblings that Tom Brady might retire. If he does you can add Tampa to the list of potential teams to trade Kirk to.
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Rumblings that Tom Brady might retire. If he does you can add Tampa to the list of potential teams to trade Kirk to.
    I doubt the Bucs would have the cap space to pay Cousins unless we ate the majority of the money he is due. I think they project to only be like $20 million under the cap with Carlton Davis, Chris Godwin, Ryan Jensen, Suh, Gronk, JPP, Fournette, and Whitehead are all entering free agency. I have to imagine they will want to retain a few of those guys. They will also be on the hook for 16 million in dead money if Brady retires.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I doubt the Bucs would have the cap space to pay Cousins unless we ate the majority of the money he is due. I think they project to only be like $20 million under the cap with Carlton Davis, Chris Godwin, Ryan Jensen, Suh, Gronk, JPP, Fournette, and Whitehead are all entering free agency. I have to imagine they will want to retain a few of those guys. They will also be on the hook for 16 million in dead money if Brady retires.
    A trade in general might be a long shot but with the Bucs you never know. The Vikings can eat more money to make a deal work with any team. The Bucs or any other team could extend him to lower the 2022 cap hit. According to spotrac the Bucs will recoup 16 million of his signing bonus if Brady retires after 2021. His contract is pretty confusing so I'm not entirely sure how the cap will be effected if he retires. The Bucs internal options are Blaine Gabbert and Kyle Trask. If the Bucs still think they are SB contenders I doubt they'll want to go into 2022 with Gabbert or Trask starting.
    2022 Vikings Draft:
    1: Lewis Cine S Georgia
    2: Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson
    2: Ed Ingram G LSU
    3: Brian Asamoah LB Oklahoma
    4: Akayleb Evans CB Missouri
    5: Esezi Otomewo DL Minnesota
    5: Ty Chandler RB UNC
    6: Vederian Lowe OT Illinois
    6: Jalen Nailor WR Michigan State
    7: Nick Muse TE South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    All I know is Kirk Cousins is not Mahomes or Allen. WOW, that was f'n crazy. But if it helps no one else is either lol.

This still does not hide the fact that Kirk is a top 10-12 QB and you can win with him, just need things to fall in place better than for the latter. It's wishful thinking to think you can hit on Allen or Mahomes type. Maybe you can hit on a Herbert type. I kind of like Pickett off of initial minimal fame watch.
    I just hope we can convince other teams you can win with him, despite his history as a starter mostly going against that (unless you just meant RS games instead of winning it all/playoffs). I actually just saw something that no team Cousins has ever beat has made the super bowl lol (Packers had a chance to ruin that). It looks like in his entire career he has only beat a total of 10 teams in RS that went on to make the playoffs. I do think he's in that 10-15 range but he just struggles so much against good teams often, I can't imagine him having 3-4 straight great games against top teams to actually win anything myself. It would take the perfect team around him that just dominates outside QB basically.

I definitely think we should be looking for our own Mahommes or Allen or Herbert or Burrow etc. at this point. I have seen this class is kinda meh so if we just go BPA and see what Mond has while getting top pick next year that's fine with me. I have no issues if we take Pickett/whoever if we do like someone this year though, if he doesn't work out I would have no issues going QB again next year either in an attempt to find the long term solution at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post

He's also not Burrow, Lamar, or Herbert. Luckily we wouldn't have to face any of these QB's until the Super Bowl where anything can happen in one game. Our path to get to the big game with the current NFC QB situation is something to pounce on.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast