Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,479

    Breaking: MLB owners vote unanimously to institute a lockout

    Breaking: MLB owners vote unanimously to institute a lockout. It is expected to begin tomorrow but unclear what time.
    - Heyman


    And so it begins, nothing like watching rich owners and rich athletes fight

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,868
    https://twitter.com/Travis_Sawchik/s...jrou_ji6g&s=19

    Mlb owners are really ****ed up.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    8,451

    Lockout

    The players did not appear to see today as a deadline, as no games are currently threatened. A flurry of deals have happened over the past few days and huge sums of money will change hands because of the contracts that have been signed. Baseball is in pretty good shape, overall, and hopefully this lockout will bring a sense of urgency to the negotiations.
    No new negotiations are scheduled at this time, but they can resume at a moment's notice.
    Stay tuned........

  4. #4
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,479
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Travis_Sawchik/s...jrou_ji6g&s=19

    Mlb owners are really ****ed up.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Can't say I'm surprised.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  5. #5
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    37,479
    Just got it confirmed: As a result of the lockout, there will be no major league portion of the Rule 5 draft. There will still be a minor league Rule 5 draft.
    - Kyle Glaser

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    120,475
    [Cerami] The #Cubs have $22.5 million committed to their 2024 payroll, assuming they'll pick up Kyle Hendricks club option. If they don't pick it up, they've got just $8M committed. Eight. Million. Go buy some players.

    this right here is why players need to hold out for as long as they can... this is disgusting. Love or hate Boras there is no excuse to steal fans money like this and now we have top markets nickle and diming while they get bank off of the cba from the yankees/dodgers etc

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    6,185
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    [Cerami] The #Cubs have $22.5 million committed to their 2024 payroll, assuming they'll pick up Kyle Hendricks club option. If they don't pick it up, they've got just $8M committed. Eight. Million. Go buy some players.

    this right here is why players need to hold out for as long as they can... this is disgusting. Love or hate Boras there is no excuse to steal fans money like this and now we have top markets nickle and diming while they get bank off of the cba from the yankees/dodgers etc
    I hate the Ricketts as much as the next guy but that's a weird example. That number went up just last night. There's pretty much no chance the Cubs start this year under $160 mil, and will almost assuredly be a top 10 payroll in 2023 and 2024. They still suck. They should perenially be Top 5 and sometimes 1st, but they aren't stealing money from yankees/dodgers etc

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,683
    They're also still in on Correa

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,928
    So what's the over under on when this gets settled? February? March? This has the players union and the owners scrambling to the last minute to get a deal done written all over it.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    8,451
    It was shown that it only takes about 3 weeks to get players into "game-shape" so if the deal is done by early March, the season can start on time.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    I'm Gonna Walk Hell Track, So Cal
    Posts
    1,576
    Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if the players preferred it last until March to cut Spring Training short.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    18,408
    They’re all idiots..
    Do it for Frank!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,928
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    They’re all idiots..
    Not really. The owners voted to lock the players out. I still don't understand why fans take the sides of billionaire owners who try to undercut player salaries as the teams, league and even some owners bring in record profit.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    18,408
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Not really. The owners voted to lock the players out. I still don't understand why fans take the sides of billionaire owners who try to undercut player salaries as the teams, league and even some owners bring in record profit.
    Yeah.. They’re still all idiots.. Should it be billionaire players and millionaire owners?
    Do it for Frank!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    44,928
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Yeah.. They’re still all idiots.. Should it be billionaire players and millionaire owners?
    Only 54% of the players make a salary over 1 million dollars in 2020. 417 of them made under that number and 316 of those 417, made under 600,000.

    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...illion-48-2019

    Its not just about billionaire owners and millionaire players. The players deserve their fair share. There's the ones doing the work and what people pay to see.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-02-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •