Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

Breaking: MLB owners vote unanimously to institute a lockout

Breaking: MLB owners vote unanimously to institute a lockout. It is expected to begin tomorrow but unclear what time.
    - Heyman

And so it begins, nothing like watching rich owners and rich athletes fight

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

https://twitter.com/Travis_Sawchik/s...jrou_ji6g&s=19

Mlb owners are really ****ed up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Lockout

The players did not appear to see today as a deadline, as no games are currently threatened. A flurry of deals have happened over the past few days and huge sums of money will change hands because of the contracts that have been signed. Baseball is in pretty good shape, overall, and hopefully this lockout will bring a sense of urgency to the negotiations.
    No new negotiations are scheduled at this time, but they can resume at a moment's notice.
    Stay tuned........

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    https://twitter.com/Travis_Sawchik/s...jrou_ji6g&s=19

Mlb owners are really ****ed up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Can't say I'm surprised.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Just got it confirmed: As a result of the lockout, there will be no major league portion of the Rule 5 draft. There will still be a minor league Rule 5 draft.
    - Kyle Glaser

[Cerami] The #Cubs have $22.5 million committed to their 2024 payroll, assuming they'll pick up Kyle Hendricks club option. If they don't pick it up, they've got just $8M committed. Eight. Million. Go buy some players.

this right here is why players need to hold out for as long as they can... this is disgusting. Love or hate Boras there is no excuse to steal fans money like this and now we have top markets nickle and diming while they get bank off of the cba from the yankees/dodgers etc

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    [Cerami] The #Cubs have $22.5 million committed to their 2024 payroll, assuming they'll pick up Kyle Hendricks club option. If they don't pick it up, they've got just $8M committed. Eight. Million. Go buy some players.

this right here is why players need to hold out for as long as they can... this is disgusting. Love or hate Boras there is no excuse to steal fans money like this and now we have top markets nickle and diming while they get bank off of the cba from the yankees/dodgers etc
    I hate the Ricketts as much as the next guy but that's a weird example. That number went up just last night. There's pretty much no chance the Cubs start this year under $160 mil, and will almost assuredly be a top 10 payroll in 2023 and 2024. They still suck. They should perenially be Top 5 and sometimes 1st, but they aren't stealing money from yankees/dodgers etc

They're also still in on Correa

So what's the over under on when this gets settled? February? March? This has the players union and the owners scrambling to the last minute to get a deal done written all over it.

It was shown that it only takes about 3 weeks to get players into "game-shape" so if the deal is done by early March, the season can start on time.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if the players preferred it last until March to cut Spring Training short.

They’re all idiots..
    Do it for Frank!!

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    They’re all idiots..
    Not really. The owners voted to lock the players out. I still don't understand why fans take the sides of billionaire owners who try to undercut player salaries as the teams, league and even some owners bring in record profit.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Not really. The owners voted to lock the players out. I still don't understand why fans take the sides of billionaire owners who try to undercut player salaries as the teams, league and even some owners bring in record profit.
    Yeah.. They’re still all idiots.. Should it be billionaire players and millionaire owners?
    Do it for Frank!!

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Yeah.. They’re still all idiots.. Should it be billionaire players and millionaire owners?
    Only 54% of the players make a salary over 1 million dollars in 2020. 417 of them made under that number and 316 of those 417, made under 600,000.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...illion-48-2019

Its not just about billionaire owners and millionaire players. The players deserve their fair share. There's the ones doing the work and what people pay to see.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-02-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast