#2 Michigan @ #13 Iowa
    8:00 PM
    FOX
    Big 10

And for the pallet cleanser:
    USC @ California
    11:00 PM
    FS1

Michigan's run game won't do anything against Iowa, this will be an embarrassing loss

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Michigan's run game won't do anything against Iowa, this will be an embarrassing loss
    Reverse psychology because you probably said something similar last week? wink wink
    I've not seen a snap of their season, but you guys haven't had a lot of confidence in Michigan all season...yet here they are on the brink.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Please just let Georgia beat Alabama and beat them handedly. I can't go another year with Alabama in the playoff and winning the national title. If Kirby Smart and Georgia can't beat Alabama with this team, they may never do so as long as Saban is head coach of the Tide.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Please just let Georgia beat Alabama and beat them handedly. I can't go another year with Alabama in the playoff and winning the national title. If Kirby Smart and Georgia can't beat Alabama with this team, they may never do so as long as Saban is head coach of the Tide.
    Fully agree...win it all or not, I can't stand the idea of Bama getting into the playoffs without having even won their own conference...just shouldn't be allowed, but will be again this year unless Georgia beats them handily AND Michigan beats Iowa AND whatever else....

Georgia hasn't given up over 17 in a game all year.......average game for them is like 41-7...I'll take that for a score Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Reverse psychology because you probably said something similar last week? wink wink
    I've not seen a snap of their season, but you guys haven't had a lot of confidence in Michigan all season...yet here they are on the brink.
    whatever do you mean

OSU had an overrated defense, Iowa stops the run, and runs effectively. Early in the season they were forcing turnovers at an historic level. That secondary is back and healthy, once the running is stopped, it'll be up to Cade to throw, that's where the Iowa turnover factory takes over. (or a million passes batted down)

Hutchinson and Ojabo will be rendered useless against the Iowa offense that will smash them in the face all day. T Goodson is gonna make Walker3 look like a bum

Michigan might wanna start JJ or lose him to the portal, they're not gonna win this game either way

Utah has Oregon's number. I have to wonder if all the rumors surrounding Mario Cristobal had any impact on this game. I think QB play affected the game on a larger scale but to some small extent the drama surrounding Mario might have been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    whatever do you mean

OSU had an overrated defense, Iowa stops the run, and runs effectively. Early in the season they were forcing turnovers at an historic level. That secondary is back and healthy, once the running is stopped, it'll be up to Cade to throw, that's where the Iowa turnover factory takes over. (or a million passes batted down)

Hutchinson and Ojabo will be rendered useless against the Iowa offense that will smash them in the face all day. T Goodson is gonna make Walker3 look like a bum

Michigan might wanna start JJ or lose him to the portal, they're not gonna win this game either way
    yeah but again...last week you were talking about how bad michigan would lose to OSU
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    yeah but again...last week you were talking about how bad michigan would lose to OSU
    I know not of what you speak, I am just an honest man giving an honest prediction

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Utah has Oregon's number. I have to wonder if all the rumors surrounding Mario Cristobal had any impact on this game. I think QB play affected the game on a larger scale but to some small extent the drama surrounding Mario might have been an issue.
    Reality is....had Utah started Rising at QB and utilized Tavon Thomas at RB the 1st 3 games of the season, they may have been a playoff contender the entire year. I mean they started 1-2 before making the QB change....but even then, those 2 losses were to BYU and San Diego State....who were ranked then and still are.

Utah as they are right now would be a tough out in the CFP and whatever Big 10 school plays in the Rose Bowl will have their work cut out for them.

Oregon, meanwhile...nobody seems to realize the attrition they've dealt with all season. Besides not having All-Stud Thibideaux and others for a few games, they lost over a dozen regular players for the season at different points of the season.....on offense alone they lost their starting RB in the Stanford game and the last few weeks have been missing WRs 2-4.....this is college, so they start with more players available, but it's not like they can go sign someone off a practice squad or the street during the year.

In other words, this is NOT the same team that beat Ohio State (w/o Kavon) and I was never 'sold' on them being a playoff team.........although, of course, 2 beat downs by Utah wasn't expected. Anthony Brown is far too inconsistent and I wish they'd have given likely next year's starter Ty Thompson more reps.

What drama with Mario? Like many coaches, he's rumored to be a target for other jobs....how many HC gigs in college football are actually better than Oregon these days? Yes, he's from Florida and supposedly Miami could have interest. Yes, the fact his ailing mother is there could impact him. And yes, adding Riley at USC will impact his ability to recruit in California (he pulled Thibadeaux out of LA with USC and UCLA right there). I hope he stays!

Alabama is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Alabama is something else.
    When you get the equivalent of 10 1st rd draft picks and a half dozen 2nds every year, it gets a bit unfair...

The 2022 draft will feature a 3rd consecutive year Bama will have 2 WRs go in the 1st rd
    Riggs/Jeudy
    Smith/Waddle
    Williams/Metchie

And Bryce Young....is pretty good

one or both of the Ferentzs have to go. They are so predictable in offensive play calls and they can't groom a QB for nothing.

When you get the equivalent of 10 1st rd draft picks and a half dozen 2nds every year, it gets a bit unfair...

The 2022 draft will feature a 3rd consecutive year Bama will have 2 WRs go in the 1st rd
    Riggs/Jeudy
    Smith/Waddle
    Williams/Metchie

And Bryce Young....is pretty good
    Plus they had Calvin Ridley and Irv Smith Jr. just as Smith, Jeudy, and Ruggs were coming in. Saban has the recruiting and development part down. Getting recruits only goes so far if they don't develop, ie Michigan had guys like Derrick Green and Kareem Walker come in and never amounted to their rankings.

Coming into the season Michigan was in a bad place. 2-4 last year, lame duck coach, didn't seem to have a QB or much going for it, looked so far behind Ohio State. Speaking for myself it was hard to trust Harbaugh given his struggles with OSU, MSU, and teams with winning records coming into the year. Even half way through I wasn't sure I'd buy it. The MSU game felt more like the same old stuff, choking away a big lead, but beating OSU changes things. Beating them handily mind you changes things drastically.

Where this ride ends, I have no idea. It could end in the first round but for what they've accomplished this year I am very proud. It seemed 6-6 to 9-3 was this teams celling and yet we are 12-1 and Big 10 winners. It feels good man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast