Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Season

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    What closers have the ruined?

Or do you mean recent (like last couple years) history?

Wagner, lidge, Masson, papelbon, hell Jose mesa had elite seasons as closers in Philly.
    I thought the same thing, but then I figured he just meant the last few years. Knebel will be fine, IMO. I can't wait until the bats start waking up...I know it usually takes a few weeks for the batters to come to life, but these last few games have been frustrating. The ump behind the plate the past few games (especially yesterday) has been borderline horrible. I kept count (somewhat) and it was 14-3...14 calls in favor of the Mets and 3 in our favor. ...so frustrating... I know it usually evens out but crap...

Every closer does great for a year or 2 in Philly and seems to implode after that. All of those listed and even ones before that were good for a couple of years and then they lost it. Not sure what it is about playing in Philly. I'm not saying Knebel is bad, hopefully he can become a great closer for many years.

As far as the lineup, I figured it would be feast or famine. I feel bad for the team when everyone decides to hit at the same time.

Mick Abel and Andrew painter were fire yesterday. Bright future on the mound.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Extremely disappointing start to the season. If the offense was even close to as advertised they’d be fine…they just suck right now…

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Extremely disappointing start to the season. If the offense was even close to as advertised they’d be fine…they just suck right now…
    Yeah, I agree. That being said, when Angel Hernandez is calling strikes 6.47 inches inside with the bases loaded, it's hard to not strike out, I guess. lol I think we'll be okay. Guys just have to find their rhythm. A lot of hitters start out slow...Bryce did last year and then won the MVP. Very encouraging to see Nola and Wheeler pitching better though.

Gotta drop schwarber lower until he finds his stroke. Dude is just plain awful right now. If he doesn’t k he hits a double play weak grounder. He is killing the middle of the order. I know he’s a slow starter so move he until he makes you move him up.

Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    Gotta drop schwarber lower until he finds his stroke. Dude is just plain awful right now. If he doesn’t k he hits a double play weak grounder. He is killing the middle of the order. I know he’s a slow starter so move he until he makes you move him up.
    He does walk a lot and takes a lot of pitches. He'll pick it up.

Agreed but I’ll take that in the 7 hole. Once he finds rhythm move him back up

This team is still garbage. I'm tired of Philly sports right now tbh...The Philly Pathetics are back for 2022!!

Disgusting loss. No excuse.

All that money for hitting and they get out hit by the Mets that spent all the money on pitching.....

Honestly, it's not worth it to have Didi in the lineup at his cost at this point. His money is a waste and could be used on some decent pitching help. We could have Stott playing full time and the drop off would not be large enough to even matter.

This night has not been a good one so far in Philly sports...Flyers fall to the 5th pick with the Devils rising to the 2nd pick. Sixers got obliterated. Nola has 3/4 broken bat hits against and one fluke error...Phils can still turn it around, because honestly only one or two hits have been legit against Nola...but geez...rough so far...

Girardi needs to be fired. I don't care if the Dodgers don't complete this comeback. Alvarado needs to be without a job also. Too wild. Girardi should have seen this coming 3 batters in...instead, waits 7 frickin batters?!?! Are you kidding me right now?! Second 7-1 lead blown in the last 2 innings of a game in about a week...Just atrocious...

Absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast