Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I hope so man, this COULD be it but **** , he was finals mvp 2 seasons ago, 1 season ago was an MVP candidate rather far into the season, and we're only 20 or so games into this season.

He'll never be as healthy as he was. I believe that, but some of it is probably just being super careful because he's a geriatric **** lolThat's never happened in his career, so not sure why you believe this. Year 1 in LA with a nagging groin injury? Meh.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    LeBron's usually says "kangaroo mode activated!" and team hops after the 4th season with a core once he realizes the title window is closing (Sources: Miami 2014, Cavs 2018).

With that track record in mind, it's totally about that time with LAL if they don't win it this season.

I hope so man, this COULD be it but **** , he was finals mvp 2 seasons ago, 1 season ago was an MVP candidate rather far into the season, and we're only 20 or so games into this season.

He'll never be as healthy as he was. I believe that, but some of it is probably just being super careful because he's a geriatric **** lolThat's never happened in his career, so not sure why you believe this. Year 1 in LA with a nagging groin injury? Meh.

never happen except when it happened exactly as described

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    LeBron's usually says "kangaroo mode activated!" and team hops after the 4th season with a core once he realizes the title window is closing (Sources: Miami 2014, Cavs 2018).

With that track record in mind, it's totally about that time with LAL if they don't win it this season.
    He's under contract this year and next year.

Where would he go? At that time he'll be 38 turning 39. Maybe he does a 1 year deal with whoever drafts Bronny to be the 1st (IIRC) father son in the NBA to play together. Maybe he's still starter quality at that time and decides to do 1 year deals for like $20mil to float around contenders. Maybe he does the CP3 and decides a young team that's ready to make the jump needs to have someone like him just boost the stars some.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He's under contract this year and next year.

Where would he go? At that time he'll be 38 turning 39. Maybe he does a 1 year deal with whoever drafts Bronny to be the 1st (IIRC) father son in the NBA to play together. Maybe he's still starter quality at that time and decides to do 1 year deals for like $20mil to float around contenders. Maybe he does the CP3 and decides a young team that's ready to make the jump needs to have someone like him just boost the stars some.
    It was mostly a joke, but it's definitely possible. He could ask for a trade, he could retire, he could renegotiate his extension to void it. Many possibilities.

If the Lakers take another 1st round loss, I would say chances go up significantly.
    Last edited by beasted86; 12-05-2021 at 04:09 PM.

He's been hurt so far, once he can stay healthy and get in a rhythm he'll be OK. No chance there has been a rapid decline imo.

I doubt Lebron ever truly falls off a cliff, but the injuries likely become a bigger issue and things like he will start taking more 3pt shots and fewer drives to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    I doubt Lebron ever truly falls off a cliff, but the injuries likely become a bigger issue and things like he will start taking more 3pt shots and fewer drives to the rim.
    At this point he's never going to be 100% during the season again. I think without the vid and the bubble he doesn't have his most recent ring now.

He's an incredible player no doubt, but his body can't take it anymore for him to be elite as often as this team needs. If he was able to play 50 games at 15 minutes a night and his team made the playoffs he'd have a chance to make a difference, but instead he's going to have to work hard to get this team into the playoffs at all, and he won't have a chance to recharge for the stretch run. Kind of a shame really.

Watch out, rest of the league, 6 in a row for the Rockets! Longest win streak in the NBA followed the longest losing streak in the NBA.

Crazy to me that people think AD is a top 5 player but LeBron can't miss any time because of how bad their team is. Which is it, because it can't be both? I mean AD has never been close to a top 5 player IMO but a lot of people seem to think he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Watch out, rest of the league, 6 in a row for the Rockets! Longest win streak in the NBA followed the longest losing streak in the NBA.
    If the Rockets win a ring before Harden I would rejoice🤣

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Crazy to me that people think AD is a top 5 player but LeBron can't miss any time because of how bad their team is. Which is it, because it can't be both? I mean AD has never been close to a top 5 player IMO but a lot of people seem to think he is.
    Well, remember also that a lot of people were saying that the Lakers were the favorites when Westbrook went there. Reasonable people looked at that roster and just couldn't see it. People have been told all 3 of them are superstars, when in reality only 1 of them ever was and he doesn't have enough of "it" to get them where they need to be any more.

Westbrook and AD are gifted and good NBA basketball players, but neither has ever been able to sustain the high level of team play needed to be the winning difference in a title winning team with the one outlier of the bubble year for AD.

If the Rockets win a ring before Harden I would rejoice🤣
    I don't think Harden's going to win one.

You know the way you feel about Simmons? That's how I feel about AD. He's not a winner, never will be. He's physically unable to handle the grind, and has no will to do what he could dominate at.

since no one Jazz have looked off to me this year and I noticed is that Clarkson and Ingles haven't been nearly as good this year as they were last year and thats hurt us a ton. last year's team won when Conley and Rudy came back in with Ingles and clarkson and just destroyed teams for 8 minutes each half of the game. With Clarkson bricking everything and Ingles just not being as aggressive its turned that lineup into nothing that special.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You know the way you feel about Simmons? That's how I feel about AD. He's not a winner, never will be. He's physically unable to handle the grind, and has no will to do what he could dominate at.
    Precisely! That's why I was just in shock after they won a ring and people started comparing him to Duncan and Dream....GTFOH with that nonsense. Those guys were the best players on championship teams not the best player on a team that couldn't even make the playoffs.
    Last edited by JAZZNC; 12-07-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    since no one Jazz have looked off to me this year and I noticed is that Clarkson and Ingles haven't been nearly as good this year as they were last year and thats hurt us a ton. last year's team won when Conley and Rudy came back in with Ingles and clarkson and just destroyed teams for 8 minutes each half of the game. With Clarkson bricking everything and Ingles just not being as aggressive its turned that lineup into nothing that special.
    Yeah Clarkson has been horrible so far. He can't throw it in the ocean. If he gets back to moderate shooting %s we will be OK I think.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast